Looking to do my on line Check in for my cruise

DJLDRUMS

We're 99 days out, payed balance and looking to do the Check In as I've always done in the past after paying off the balance. I'm still getting "check in unavailable, we'll send you an email when you can". When did this go in effect, is everyone experiencing this? What's behind this, it doesn't make sense, I realize that there's a 49 day wait before boarding to obtain luggage tags to print out. So has this policy changed too? Thanks in advance to those who reply.

8 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

We're 99 days out, payed balance and looking to do the Check In as I've always done in the past after paying off the balance. I'm still getting "check in unavailable, we'll send you an email when you can". When did this go in effect, is everyone experiencing this? What's behind this, it doesn't make sense, I realize that there's a 49 day wait before boarding to obtain luggage tags to print out. So has this policy changed too? Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Don't know about RC but Carnival wouldn't let you check-in until 14 days out.  16 if you were Platinum.

I am guessing that RC is similar.

45 days and on the app, under the head icon, it will show you check in date.

And since final payment is usually due 90 days prior to cruise, that check in date on app,  may not show up until then. But double check.

Edited by crzndeb

1 hour ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Check in at 45 days.

Luggage tags at 30 days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

As others have said, keep checking back.

Don't count on them sending you an e-mail; I've never received one yet.

1 minute ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Thanks everyone for your replies. So can I assume that 45 day window to do the on line check in will also be when I choose my arrival time as well? Things used to be so much simpler .....

Exactly.

If you use the app, you can secure your boarding time without having to input any other information right away (useful if you're staying up late for the purpose or don't have all the documents to hand). Then you can do the rest at your leisure either on the app or online.

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Exactly.

If you use the app, you can secure your boarding time without having to input any other information right away (useful if you're staying up late for the purpose or don't have all the documents to hand). Then you can do the rest at your leisure either on the app or online.

Fiona, are you saying I can secure my boarding time TODAY if i use the mobile app without putting in any Check in info?

A common misconception.  You are not selecting a "boarding time."  What you are selecting is a check-in /arrival time at the cruise port terminal to check in.  Boarding does not happen until the ship has been cleared of passengers from the prior cruise and approval by Customs and Border Patrol to start boarding new passengers.   

• Like 2

The craziness of Royal IT happened to me. On Dec. 30 the app told me that I could check in for our Mar. 25 sailing. Check in is not supposed to be open until Feb. 8. I got to pick my arrival time, scan my passport, take a picture, etc. and I got emails from RCI that we were checked in. After that day, I haven't been able to go back in. The app says that it is not available until Feb. 8. Really weird. I guess when Feb. 8 comes around I'll check to make sure everything is set.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Fiona, are you saying I can secure my boarding time TODAY if i use the mobile app without putting in any Check in info?

There is NO boarding times, just check in times. I did double check my bookings that I have not made final payments on and they do already show my check in dates.

Nobody really knows when the ships start boarding, because any problem could delay that, but the earlier your check in time, the earlier you can board. If there are no issues, boarding will usually begin between 10-11am.

Don't forget your health questionnaire can't be completed until day before

(thats the message I got for our Feb trip) and you can

watch the muster safety video then also. But you will need to go to

your muster station so they can check you off.