What is it like to sail Celebrity to Alaska? Blankets, warm drinks? Any extras?

Sigyn

We're sailing Celebrity to Alaska in July and I'm wondering if there are any extras available as a result of the often misty, wet and chilly weather, even in July. Do they have blankets available for those out on the decks if it's chilly, or warm drinks readily accessible? Just curious...we're not in the Retreat. Just going as steerage in AquaClass. Thanks!

• Haha 1

We were last September on the Eclipse.  There were hot drinks on the heliport when we were glacier viewing and I know there were blankets up on the lawn but never used them.   Honestly, I was more concerned that I had a mimosa in hand rather then a hot chocolate.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Married90 said:

We were last September on the Eclipse.  There were hot drinks on the heliport when we were glacier viewing and I know there were blankets up on the lawn but never used them.   Honestly, I was more concerned that I had a mimosa in hand rather then a hot chocolate.  🙂

We were on Eclipse in June and I remember the same.  We were on the heliport and were offered hot chocolate.  Saw warm blankets but never used them.  It wasn't as cold as I thought it might be.  Loved our cruise!!

• Like 2

We were in the life boats on our Millie sailing and had the good fortune to be invited to the helipad for glacier viewing, while I do not remember blankets or hot chocolate being served up, I do remember the mimosas and champagne as @Married90had... LOL

While it was a bit chilly, a nice warm jacket would be in order, if you are at the helipad or if you go to the pool deck a quick in and out of the OVC or sky lounge will be fine, as the ship makes several 360° turns so everyone can have a view even from your cabin...

Have a great sailing...

bon voyage

• Like 1

As others have mentioned, blankets and hot cocoa will be available. July may surprise you, I've seen many sunburned passengers after a glacier day. 

Here is an example of why you plan for anything ~ Same sailing! 

20840870_1547791458575620_2135337186400051931_n.jpeg

20842302_1547790088575757_4044086330307629235_n.jpeg

• Like 7

On Mille. last summer (Alaska) they had wonderful Soft, Fuzzy Warm plaid blankets at the poool towel stations.

They were So Nice I think the ship must have been Lighter and the Laundry less busy when the Guest packed and left? Wink-Wink.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

We were in the life boats on our Millie sailing and had the good fortune to be invited to the helipad for glacier viewing, while I do not remember blankets or hot chocolate being served up, I do remember the mimosas and champagne as @Married90had... LOL

While it was a bit chilly, a nice warm jacket would be in order, if you are at the helipad or if you go to the pool deck a quick in and out of the OVC or sky lounge will be fine, as the ship makes several 360° turns so everyone can have a view even from your cabin...

Have a great sailing...

bon voyage

You were IN the lifeboats????? What happened?!

9 hours ago, cw2go said:

As others have mentioned, blankets and hot cocoa will be available. July may surprise you, I've seen many sunburned passengers after a glacier day. 

Here is an example of why you plan for anything ~ Same sailing! 

20840870_1547791458575620_2135337186400051931_n.jpeg

20842302_1547790088575757_4044086330307629235_n.jpeg

Great photos! What a difference!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, njsmom said:

You were IN the lifeboats????? What happened?

Great photos! What a difference!

LOL, no, it was in response to your steerage comment...

Sorry for misleading you and anyone else with my comment...

bon voyage

• Haha 4

On cold weather cruises they do put out blanket where they usually have towels.

On our cruise to Iceland and Greenland they had a special party at the  Retreat Sundeck with Hot Chocolate, Hot Drinks and lots of blankets for the passage through the fjords.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL, no, it was in response to your steerage comment...

Sorry for misleading you and anyone else with my comment...

bon voyage

ah, okay! I didn't get it. it was late when I read. Sorry. 🙂

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

On cold weather cruises they do put out blanket where they usually have towels.

On our cruise to Iceland and Greenland they had a special party at the  Retreat Sundeck with Hot Chocolate, Hot Drinks and lots of blankets for the passage through the fjords.

ah, but that was for the fancy Retreat guests, right? We're steerage, remember? 🙂

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

ah, okay! I didn't get it. it was late when I read. Sorry. 🙂

Not to worry... good laugh at least.

I think if you bring mid-weight jackets or a heavy sweater all will be good for being outside on deck.

Know that there are usually blankets for those who desire them no matter where you are outside, if not, get one from one of the crew members or bring from your cabin.

Also, you may want to take a gander at the Alaska forum here on CC, great information and guidance there... we found it invaluable for our sailing.

bon voyage

• Like 1

10 hours ago, njsmom said:

ah, but that was for the fancy Retreat guests, right? We're steerage, remember? 🙂

Well they had cattle blankets for steerage.  🙂     Actually they had the same blankets at every station where they usually have towels.    The Pool Butlers were taking orders for hot drinks.   You can also get Hot Cocoa, Tea etc at Al Bacio and at the Sky Lounge.   Sky Lounge was very popular due to wonderful views.  See  -they even take care of those that aren't in Suites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1