Waiting for the elevators on Allure last week-quite a ship!

ddled

In Cozumel take a taxi downtown and. wander, eat shop, drink, eat at Guitdos

In Costa Maya go to El Fuerte for the day 

lots to do 

Oh and taking the stairs is good for your health...coming from something that is out of breath after 2 flights, lol.  Relax and enjoy your vacation!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Dear Tag, DW and I are considering transAtlantic, with 3 previous sailings do they have additional things to do during the day?  That is, does boredom start?

We just got off a 9 day, the last 3 days of which were at sea and Labadee, DW did not exit ship in Labadee, so for her 3 days in a row on board.  She said she was bored for  a bit.  Can only do so much trivia.

Thanks, Eddie

3 sea days in a row sounds like heaven to me! 

sleep in - get up for lunch (might catch brunch if I’m lucky) 

go play poker / slot tournament/ blackjack tournament 

visit thermal spa 

have a siesta

get up for dinner

heck the day is almost gone 🤣😂🤣

I just look forward to the days of doing a transatlantic with 3 days of relaxation and nothing!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CruiseMomTX said:

In Cozumel take a taxi downtown and. wander, eat shop, drink, eat at Guitdos

In Costa Maya go to El Fuerte for the day 

lots to do 

Oh and taking the stairs is good for your health...coming from something that is out of breath after 2 flights, lol.  Relax and enjoy your vacation!!!!!!

It’s good if you don’t have arthritis in your knees!

6 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

for me that has screws in my knee, sometimes taking stairs can be unconformable with some pain

i do try to take stairs as much as can when i can but they are times when i need take the elevator even going up just 1 floor

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 9:00 AM, shof515 said:

part of the problem is the unruly kids who press all of the buttons making the elevator stop at every floor 

Oh we had so much fun this week on MSC staying in YC. The elevators have an override whereby if you are in YC you scan your card press the button and it gives you priority access. (2 elevators only) When you get in you scan your card again and press the floor you want.

well long story short it takes you straight to the desired floor. Couldn’t help laughing at the folks that didn’t read the priority elevator sign and kept going up and down and couldn’t get out at their desired floor and said they would submit a complaint that they were not working properly lol

On 1/31/2023 at 7:56 AM, Engineroom Snipe said:

If a passenger is in reasonable health and can walk a few extra steps, I find the Oasis class forward elevators to be available almost immediately during my cruises. My wife and I also use the extra steps as a bit of walking exercise. If it is more than two levels up, we use the elevator to the level we want and walk from there. Going back down is easy because we will use the stairs and gravity makes it doable even when we are tired.

Just a thought......

We do the same on every ship we've ever been on.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 9:28 AM, ddled said:

Just a further update from this cruise. Out of 39 people in this group 11 have tested positive since we got back. All drove to and from the ship. Symptoms range from very mild to the worst they have felt in their life.Most of us did not wear masks, neither did 95% of people on board-workers or guests. All of us were vaccinated, some have had Covid previously. I guess you can either say we are careless for going, or this is the new normal and it's how life will be from now on. Take your pick. 

Not careless for going at all, this is definitely the new norm! I avoided Covid for 2 years - I'm a Nurse, was working in a large hospital with many Covid surges at the time, so I was proud of myself! Then I went on a cruise, and that ended my Covid free bragging rights! 😆 I got it bad - laid me out for an entire week! Didn't regret the cruise one little bit.

The funny thing - there were 3 of us all in the same room, myself and 2 good friends. Only 2 of us got Covid! We pretty much did the same things, all flew there and home, same excursions, etc. There really is no rhyme or reason to Covid - so I don't worry about it anymore. Enjoy life while you can!! 😎🚢

ETA: Thanks for the review, I really enjoyed it! Headed out on Allure in April, my second time on RC and first time on Oasis class ship. Your points are very helpful! 

Edited by sjlogghe
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 2:06 AM, Spurschick said:

That’s why I love the new MSC elevators. You press the button in the lobby for the floor you want. It then directs you to elevator A B C or D 

no one can press buttons once inside and never a long queue either.

just saying ! Perhaps time to adopt a similar system on RC.

On 2/3/2023 at 6:32 PM, brillohead said:

Oh Lawdalmighty, can you IMAGINE what would happen if they let Royal's always-stellar IT Department program a system like that for their elevators??????

scared.gif.8b1e4fd839d54e36969fc98e054bfcf0.gif

Carnival Horizon's elevators were just like this. They worked really great. 

On 2/3/2023 at 5:32 PM, brillohead said:

Oh Lawdalmighty, can you IMAGINE what would happen if they let Royal's always-stellar IT Department program a system like that for their elevators??????

scared.gif.8b1e4fd839d54e36969fc98e054bfcf0.gif

Wait, are you implying that "Royal's always-stellar IT Department" knows how to "program" ANYTHING?  :classic_rolleyes:

On 1/31/2023 at 9:48 AM, smokeybandit said:

I've never seen this.

What I usually see is 3 elevators within 2 floors of where I am, but it's the elevator 5+ floors from where I am that ends up coming to me.

Or the cruisers who try to game the system by pushing both the up and down arrow to go one direction or another.

On 1/31/2023 at 9:00 AM, shof515 said:

part of the problem is the unruly kids who press all of the buttons making the elevator stop at every floor 

Or the other million times I’ve waited for an elevator and that isn’t the case.  But yeah, it’s all the kids fault.  I assume you are joking?

Yutes (or yoots, utes)... Yuts would rhyme with nuts 🙂

A movie I always watch when I'm looking for something and it pops up on the guide.  Wish it could have been made with fewer F bombs tho

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 6:14 AM, smokeybandit said:

We have a robot that can (poorly) mix drinks, but still can't get an elevator to come in a logical and reasonable manner.

I will never waste another penny on those drink robots!  Nothing I got was palatable....they can't beat a real bartender!