Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

27 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Lol. I just this week finally recovered from that 2016 hangover. Now I’ll be back onboard the Escape in 4 weeks - so I should be fully recovered from that one  in Spring 2030.  

It would be great to see a Live from you. I miss your reviews. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This is a whole new experience for me, as in the past they've just waived anything above and beyond the regular charge...

Agree, this is probably the post Covid doings even if you are a good repeat cruiser. That's too bad.

Sleep well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

Are you not pleased? coming from what would be a new NCL cruiser. Have always done Carnival but I am quickly shocked!

Normally when you have the dining package they just let you order whatever you want. Now it appears that they're really charging you for things line by line... Not a good thing for us NCL loyals...

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

How is it? I’m nervous about that possibly being on my Chef’s table menu next week. It’s on Celebration.

It's raw steak and some other stuff... The NCL version is really great, but I've had it at the steakhouse on Carnival and it's not the greatest... Worst case scenario you skip that dish...

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, blarko said:

Wait…..you have Venmo now?  I’m shocked, coming from the guy who didn’t want to do online banking.

Lol. I was about to also comment on that - "Who are you and what have you done with @sid_9169?" I remember the angst over setting up and accepting a Paypal deposit from the big boss...ha ha

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

7 minutes ago, blarko said:

Wait…..you have Venmo now?  I’m shocked, coming from the guy who didn’t want to do online banking.

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Lol. I was about to also comment on that - "Who are you and what have you done with @sid_9169?" I remember the angst over setting up and accepting a Paypal deposit from the big boss...ha ha

That's our @sid_9169!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Normally when you have the dining package they just let you order whatever you want. Now it appears that they're really charging you for things line by line... Not a good thing for us NCL loyals...

Well that really sucks! I’m a filet-a-holic and the one you had tonight looked delish! 😍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm back home at the cabin now and I'm feeling the "take your sleeping pill and get it on" feeling... Once that happens, there's usually no turning back.

Sid,  I've tried a few brands of sleeping pills and some worked and others didn't. Please share what brand of sleeping pills you take. There is nothing better than a great night sleep! Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 2:33 PM, sid_9169 said:

The work day has finally leveled off, and the big boss is gone for the rest of the day and tomorrow... We've really been hitting it today, so I'm praying for a nice smooth day tomorrow for "free lunch Friday"... 

img_1_1670467831151.jpg

Is that a lady in a bra with a dog?  Good lord I need a bigger screen 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, mommio said:

Well it might be a dog "so to speak" but its a human. Might be a human dog, might be a human sheep, might be a human with bad hair and wearing a covid mask.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, mommio said:

And that is why I hang around the vegetable section. I don't eat vegetables, just meat and potatoes, but you don't get sights like this in the meat section. The interesting people are all vegans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

It's raw steak and some other stuff... The NCL version is really great, but I've had it at the steakhouse on Carnival and it's not the greatest... Worst case scenario you skip that dish...

If you skip it. The escargot in Le Bistro are soooooo good. The French baguettes are perfect to dip in the leftover butter.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, icft said:

Well it might be a dog "so to speak" but its a human. Might be a human dog, might be a human sheep, might be a human with bad hair and wearing a covid mask.

Could be wrong, but I think the “dog” she’s referring to is the white thing on the floor next to the masked person.

• Like 2

The one thing about an inside cabin is that it's midnight 24 hours per day... The dreams were coming in fast and furious, and I could've easily stayed in bed another hour. Something about cruising that just makes me sleep so well. I guess that it's the rocking of the ship. Now I've got to put something on and get my hands on some of that nice strong coffee.

• Like 20

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

10 hours ago, blarko said:

10 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

That's our @sid_9169!

I was kidding about the Venmo... But, it does suck that NCL is basically treating the dining plan meals just like the Platinum coupons now. I don't know if that's ship wide or fleet wide, but it's obviously another cutback. In the past, I've just ordered whatever I want regardless of what the waiter says, and I've never been charged a penny. Now, it appears that the gauntlet has been dropped. "You can order this, this, and that, but if you want the other, it'll cost you extra"...

• Like 12

I just checked my account and they still ended up charging me for the additional app at Le Bistro. Looks like I'll be drinking my coffee in line at Guest Services. There's also another twenty dollar "service charge" with no explanation.

• Like 6