New Crystal - the Good, the Bad and the Indifferent

claudiaYVR

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

He was also a CD on Regent - he featured in a couple of the British TV programmes on the new ships, Explorer I think

Have you come across Ross Roberts as CD on Seabourn? - he’s excellent, one of the best. He’s been doing their World Cruise recently

John was on seabourn prior to regent and came back to seabourn last year.  He’s excellent.  Never sailed with Ross.  He’s also excellent.

all 3 CD’s we’ve sailed with on seabourn have been terrific.

Nancy

36 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

He was also a CD on Regent - he featured in a couple of the British TV programmes on the new ships, Explorer I think

Have you come across Ross Roberts as CD on Seabourn? - he’s excellent, one of the best. He’s been doing their World Cruise recently

I know Ross very well.

John and Ross were supposed to share the World Cruise but scheduling changed and Ross is on for the whole World Cruise

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, nancygp said:

John was on seabourn prior to regent and came back to seabourn last year.  He’s excellent.  Never sailed with Ross.  He’s also excellent.

all 3 CD’s we’ve sailed with on seabourn have been terrific.

Nancy

When do you get into Dover Nancy 

5 hours ago, nancygp said:

ovation crossing to Dover…rocking and rolling as I write this! 😄🤣.  Overall, life is good 

early bon voyage 

Nancy 

Hi Nancy.

We board Ovation on May 30 in Reykjavik. How do you like it realtive to Quest, which you also sailed ahead of us in September??

Larry

2 hours ago, Roland4 said:

Hi Nancy.

We board Ovation on May 30 in Reykjavik. How do you like it realtive to Quest, which you also sailed ahead of us in September??

Larry

This is our 2nd ovation sailing.  Like both sized ships.  We do like the larger TK Grill and the Grill Bar which is nit on the smaller ships.  We also enjoy Sushi for dinner.  

the enrichment and entertainment has been great…we have a total of 11 sea days on this cruise.

Nancy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nancygp said:

This is our 2nd ovation sailing.  Like both sized ships.  We do like the larger TK Grill and the Grill Bar which is nit on the smaller ships.  We also enjoy Sushi for dinner.  

the enrichment and entertainment has been great…we have a total of 11 sea days on this cruise.

Nancy

Larry -- we have also sailed on both size Seabourn ships.  Only difference we see is 450 passengers vs 600.  The small size is wonderful -- not much difference otherwise.  I am pleased to hear Nancy's report on entertainment and enrichment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Larry -- we have also sailed on both size Seabourn ships.  Only difference we see is 450 passengers vs 600.  The small size is wonderful -- not much difference otherwise.  I am pleased to hear Nancy's report on entertainment and enrichment

There are 375 paxs on this crossing!!!!

Nancy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nancygp said:

Nancy

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Thank you both. We booked this one with the FCC they gave us due to Fiona last September. Decided we would try the larger ship for this one. Interesting itinerary as well. The only other time we have been in Iceland was on the Symphony "Trans-Atlantic From Hell" in 2012! I suspect this time it will be a bit calmer! 😉

12 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Thank you both. We booked this one with the FCC they gave us due to Fiona last September. Decided we would try the larger ship for this one. Interesting itinerary as well. The only other time we have been in Iceland was on the Symphony "Trans-Atlantic From Hell" in 2012! I suspect this time it will be a bit calmer! 😉

Funny, I never thought of it as the transatlantic from hell.  I think of the world debut of "Character Man"

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Funny, I never thought of it as the transatlantic from hell.  I think of the world debut of "Character Man"

Roy

I thought of the 2012 journey as the trip from hell - bad weather, missed ports, delays departing in NYC.

19 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Ross truly is top notch. I'd sail on Seabourn again just to sail with him.

3 hours ago, Roland4 said:

I think Seabourn has the best itineraries of all the luxury lines.  Don't know why other lines cannot do the same.

18 minutes ago, bitob said:

I think Seabourn has the best itineraries of all the luxury lines.  Don't know why other lines cannot do the same.

Your right buy Silversea do have some interesting itineraries.

NC offerings are not good neither Regent.

Explora won't be that interesting until more ships are sailing.

6 hours ago, nancygp said:

There are 375 paxs on this crossing!!!!

Nancy

Quick dress code question. We haven’t been on seabourn in quite a while. I know they relaxed the dress code for 2023. Are dressy collared polos ok for men?

51 minutes ago, bitob said:

Quick dress code question. We haven’t been on seabourn in quite a while. I know they relaxed the dress code for 2023. Are dressy collared polos ok for men?

They were last fall on Quest. Only time I wore a jacket was at TK.

4 hours ago, ctjon said:

I thought of the 2012 journey as the trip from hell - bad weather, missed ports, delays departing in NYC.

For me the trip from hell was the following Panama Canal Cruise with Superstorm Sandy where the Symphony bypassed New York and went straight to Charleston.  Saved only by my TA noting that while all the airports were closed LaGuardia car rentals were available.

Roy

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bitob said:

Yes!  Only exception on formal optional nights in the restaurant

nancy