New website.

Riocca

I am very frustrated with Azamara. I am one of those who is having trouble logging in because the system doesn’t recognize my email. I wrote a message to Azamara Cruises, explaining that I have been on Azamara cruises before and that I was a discoverer  plus which obviously means that I have sailed before. I received a generic email response telling me that my email is not in the system and that if I am a new customer, all I need to sign up. I appreciate the fact that they are having trouble but they can’t be sending these ridiculous generic emails to their long-term customers; they must know by now that they have a problem with the database.

• Like 3

let’s call it what it is….an extremely poor sales tool…if u want to use azamara only one way to do it…get a GOOD travel agent and have them do EVERYTHING until you get to the ship…they haven’t figured out how to screw that up and the current onboard people are SO good, they’d really have to work at it to screw that up.  i can only imagine how overwhelmed the loyalty ambassadors onboard are with this cl******uck to put it mildly.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Oslo Dutch said:

Been digging into our reservation on the website and noticed an onboard credit we have never been informed about. I suppose tomorrow once boarded we need to check with reception if this is correct or not.

Same sitation here. Maybe it's our reward for flying half way round the world on a whim without express pass or any guarantee they will be capable of processing us when we arrive.

Our numerous attempts to access our fully checked in account prior to their switch over period has turned me from an Azamara loyalist to a cynic I'm afraid.

One more sleep and all will be revealed.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Oslo Dutch said:

Been digging into our reservation on the website and noticed an onboard credit we have never been informed about. I suppose tomorrow once boarded we need to check with reception if this is correct or not.

Best of luck on your cruise and I hope you have a wonderful experience.  If possible, please let us know how is goes .  My cruise isn't until Oct but I can only imagine how cruisers with current cruises are feeling.  Bon Voyage!

• Like 2

We finally had access the other day to our cruise. As I mentioned previously, our loyalty points were incorrect. But, it did show, that we were paid in full on our cruise. ( leaves in 3 days) Today it shows we have a balance due of $553.24.  I had previously booked shore excursions using my credit card, and before the system went down I had canceled two of them. Still no credit on my card.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

Perhaps the down time for the system should not have been 16 to 20 March 2023, but 16 March 2023 to 20 March 2024. 🤔

Your confidence is admirable, but perhaps overly optimistic based on what we've seen so far. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those of you who have never been involved in a transition from an old, patched, kludged, legacy system should just be thankful for your good fortune.  I was, and what I’m seeing here is exactly what we went through (with Oracle, considered the gold standard of enterprise systems at the time). This was not Azamara’s fault.  But it had to be done. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gowilk said:

let’s call it what it is….an extremely poor sales tool…if u want to use azamara only one way to do it…get a GOOD travel agent and have them do EVERYTHING until you get to the ship…they haven’t figured out how to screw that up and the current onboard people are SO good, they’d really have to work at it to screw that up.  i can only imagine how overwhelmed the loyalty ambassadors onboard are with this cl******uck to put it mildly.

Our future cruise office been closed since last cruise. 
I pop in to ask questions  to know when events are but  they worked to 10 last night to learn program. But they both go out during the day .

Those who can’t see information part of the bug may be at your end. For days we could see nothing on any Mac or IPad. Yesterday I tried entering Azamaras site by Chrome and voilà everything was there!  Checked again on the other browser (safari required by one client) nothing. So maybe switch browser and see? 

What I can’t fathom is why future cruise is worked as Riocca posted no problem but on Quest it seems not to be. Is that down to ship’s legacy system, user competence or what? I recall they worked much shorter hours there and often had to “shut the door to fix their pc”. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, uktog said:

Those who can’t see information part of the bug may be at your end. For days we could see nothing on any Mac or IPad. Yesterday I tried entering Azamaras site by Chrome and voilà everything was there!  Checked again on the other browser (safari required by one client) nothing. So maybe switch browser and see? 

What I can’t fathom is why future cruise is worked as Riocca posted no problem but on Quest it seems not to be. Is that down to ship’s legacy system, user competence or what? I recall they worked much shorter hours there and often had to “shut the door to fix their pc”. 

Future cruise on Onward is Ke Wu, she is fully up to speed with the new system and extremely efficient. We were impressed with the speed of booking with the new system possibly helped by the good wi-fi connection. With the old system it often took a while before we received a quote then another day before the booking confirmation, this time we were working in real time could check all the details on screen including cabin availability. Booking was done deposit paid and confirmation printed within 15 minutes biggest delay was us choosing which cabin we wanted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just been looking at my bookings on my account, the one made onboard this week on the new system is 100% correct but all the ones brought over have errors, to me this confirms where the problem is.

I know Azamara are working on it but just think how many bookings are having to be manually checked, it might be frustrating but give them time if your cruise is in the future wait don’t phone it only makes matters worse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

give them time if your cruise is in the future wait don’t phone it only makes matters worse.

Exactly, how many times do we have to say that! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kunnocat said:

Looks like changes to 'what's included'.  Standard drinks are missing.  New package available though!   Am booked for next year supposedly with those inclusions.  Keeping pinkies crossed.

Don’t read anything into anything until the full website is completed it’s pointless 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, uktog said:

It could be that Safari is fetching the old content of the web page from the Browser cache. Try clearing Safari's website cache and then reloading the page.

58 minutes ago, john1970 said:

Is there a date for the website to be fully functional or will it just be an ongoing process. I am glad I use a good travel agent. I can let the have the pleasure!

Have just opened an Az page from my browser history of 2 days ago and it opened full personal and booking details without even having to sign in 😬 That's a serious and basic security issue that should never happen. They need to shut this thing down. 

I am travelling 18th April.  On my account I still owed over £5700 (it was paid in January)  I phoned Azamara direct line busy but got call back in 5 minutes.  Casey sorted all and forwarded travel documents.  Shore excursions all incorrect and OBC etc.  But will fix that on board.  All will good.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, uktog said:

On Quest now..to be honest..I am not sure of the above.but as of March 31st they could not book a cruise for any guest. They had a vague idea of price but not OBC. 

I cn not get info on anything that even has to do with loyalty points. Somehow they know how many days I sailed 

On our way…… now we owe even more money, our missing loyalty points have been doubled ( I am thinking they added our two accounts together), and 3 tours I had previously canceled are now showing still booked.  The additional money owed cannot be from the tours added back in as those were paid by credit card and never refunded.  Thank goodness our first day is a sea day so we can sort this out.  

• Like 1