How do you understand this…..?

rubens

One of the Elite/Elite+ benefits reads as: Discount on any bottle of wine 20 %

Is this restricted to one bottle or can we apply it to more?

I never took advantage of this perk before when we sailed All included but next cruise will be “Cruise only” so 20 % discount on more bottles would be great.

Any experience with this?  

Edited by rubens

Y0u receive a 20% discount on any and all wine that you buy by the bottle .     They then add it back on and call it Gratuity.

Maybe it's our status but never limited to one time.    Back it the "'Ol days they use to give you paper coupon one per member.

In the worst case if they were to enforce both you and wife would be eligible.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Basketball wife said:

Read the terms/conditions. On Royal, Diamond/Diamond+ have similar drink benefits but when you read the terms, it states something like, “unless otherwise stated, all alcohol benefits are once per cruise”…

No fine prints on X website about this.

Anyway thanks to all of you for replying but still different interpretations

6 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Keep in mind you can each bring two bottles of wine on at embarkation. You’ll only pay a corkage fee if you want to drink it in other than your cabin. Have a great holiday!

You can drink the wine you bring onboard anywhere. Taking the bottle (opened or not) with you in a dining venue is subject to a corkage fee. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You can drink the wine you bring onboard anywhere. Taking the bottle (opened or not) with you in a dining venue is subject to a corkage fee. 

So you can take your own bottle to say, the Sunset Bar and enjoy there with no corkage? Didn’t know this! Thx

16 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

So you can take your own bottle to say, the Sunset Bar and enjoy there with no corkage? Didn’t know this! Thx

I didn't say that. I don't know about bars. Someone else will answer, I'm sure. Just saying you can pour a glass of your wine in your stateroom and drink it anywhere on the ship. 

Edited by davekathy

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I didn't say that. I don't know about bars. Someone else will answer, I'm sure. Just saying you can pour your wine in your stateroom and drink it anywhere on the ship. 

Oh sorry, when you said you could take a bottle to any non-dining venue that’s how I took it. Yes, always knew you could pour a glass in your stateroom and take it with. Wouldn’t work for me as I’d either slosh it or it’d be empty by the time I arrived at the venue lol. 

9 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Oh sorry, when you said you could take a bottle to any non-dining venue that’s how I took it. Yes, always knew you could pour a glass in your stateroom and take it with. Wouldn’t work for me as I’d either slosh it or it’d be empty by the time I arrived at the venue lol. 

Swing and a miss. I also never said "to any non-dining venue". I said "in a dining venue". 

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

Sorry but the question was: the 20 % discount on any bottle of wine does it means on one bottle or more bottles ?

Many other threads on this board have answers to  bringing wine onboard but that’s a different question

2 minutes ago, funNsun4me said:

On RC we have always been able to bring our 2 bottles of wine to the restaurants or dining room and never pay a corkage fee, isn't Celebrity the same??

Both are owned by the RCG, but each operate independently. If you have the CBP or the PBP and you bring your own bottles of wine onboard and bring them into the dining venues the corkage fee is waved.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older thread, but just back from Celebrity Reflection and wanted to add a datapoint. Before my cruise I did a search and was a little confused about the 'conflicting answers'.

I received the 20% discount on every bottle I ordered, it was not limited to one time use.

• Like 1

We have never been denied a 20% on any bottle purchased except when we ordered sake in Sushi on Five.  The manager declined and guest services checked on it and I got no response. Eventually when home I received an email confirming that we should have been given the 20% on the sake and they offered us quite a refund for our trouble.  I do bring this email with me on every cruise "just in case".  We last were on Edge and Raw on Five had no bottles of sake so could not see if the discount was applied. Will try on Eclipse in May.

On 2/8/2023 at 11:20 AM, Barwick Cruiser said:

Keep in mind you can each bring two bottles of wine on at embarkation. You’ll only pay a corkage fee if you want to drink it in other than your cabin. Have a great holiday!

That was previously the policy, however, NOW it is one bottle per person.

i think the actual rule was 2 bottles per srateroom, however, many people went through the security line separately and took two bottles each, so now it’s ONE bottle per person.

Last december on Solstice we got the 20% discount on every bottle we ordered. After first night the sommelier already applied discount for the remain of the cruise 🍷