Ship Progress Updates?

Ljames23

Has anyone seen pictures of the ship's progress since the last video update? Seabourn and other luxury cruise lines do an exceptional job of communicating progress updates. I have no idea whether the ship will have a white or blue hull.

There are almost 6 months until departure, yet few details are available.🤔

I just noticed that Michael Ungerer (CEO) has announced the ship's naming ceremony will be in Civitavecchia on July 8.  The ship will than relocate to Southampton for its July 17th inaugural voyage.

Hank

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, mike@sea said:

Looks almost like a Celebrity 2.0 ship to me. Not so sure I like the white bow. But maybe one just has to get used to it and see it for oneself. In the end, it’s the content that counts…. 

Great minds think alike - I looked at my pix of Zenith and Century!

I like the white bow because of the image/suggestion of motion.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daleandrews said:

Real ship.  Apparently filmed during sea trials.

Yes the ship is in the water having sea trials.  Personally I never look at the hull of a ship - seriously for me its what's happening on the inside, looks, comfort, food and service that matters

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Looks a lot like the Costa/Carnival livery to me.  Doesn't say 'luxury.'

Carnival_Venezia-scaled.thumb.jpg.326924e534ef3c505dcd6e819b3f3daa.jpg 

Now, I usually FULLY respect your opinions, but:

blue funnel vs yellow and black

Red inboard lifeboats vs yellow outboard

blue hull with white forward slash vs white hull with blue slash

I am respectfully going to disagree…. I don’t think that they look alike at all!

I’m not sure what “luxury” is supposed to look like - Regent, Silversea and Seabourn’s white are blah…

2ED86E0C-E952-43BC-A44E-57D0E7D450D7.jpeg

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Now, I usually FULLY respect your opinions, but:

blue funnel vs yellow and black

Red inboard lifeboats vs yellow outboard

blue hull with white forward slash vs white hull with blue slash

I am respectfully going to disagree…. I don’t think that they look alike at all!

I’m not sure what “luxury” is supposed to look like - Regent, Silversea and Seabourn’s white are blah…

2ED86E0C-E952-43BC-A44E-57D0E7D450D7.jpeg

OK, not "Looks a lot like" – how about "reminds me of" ?  The hull slash is reversed colors, but that was what I reacted to.

And I'm not coming from a background of all-white hulls.  The two cruise lines I favor most (Azamara and Noble Caledonia) have navy hulls.  Navy – get it?

A Ferrari looks fast while standing still.  A well-designed ship shouldn't need a 'racing stripe' to look seaworthy.

600px-Azamara_Journey_Fremantle_2018_(04).jpg.a2bfe1b967cc89fda2790314cf234f47.jpg

thumb_php.jpeg.528cbeb462fc7f74b158a1d1cf416165.jpeg

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

OK, not "Looks a lot like" – how about "reminds me of" ?  The hull slash is reversed colors, but that was what I reacted to.

And I'm not coming from a background of all-white hulls.  The two cruise lines I favor most (Azamara and Noble Caledonia) have navy hulls.  Navy – get it?

A Ferrari looks fast while standing still.  A well-designed ship shouldn't need a 'racing stripe' to look seaworthy.

You know why I love Cruise Critic?  Only here could we have an intense and passionate debate about something that the rest of the world could care less about!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Meanwhile...Let´s change topic.

How about today´s announced Explora 1 re-routing to the Med (instead Alaska) as off May or Jun 24...

Wonder what this means for the Westcoast (Hawaii) sailings prior and whether or not it is being caused by a possible delay of Explora 2 ( thinking, that it hardly makes sense to cancel a full season abroad to have 2 ships simultaneously in the Med)....