Crown Grill vs Sabatinis (Only doing one)

talkorpi

5 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

Not the menu on Regal either, since at least Jan 1, 2023. 

The new menu is more extensive and varied, updated, and outstanding... 

5 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

This was not meant specifically for you.  Glad you are doing your research.  

It is one of my pet peeves with Princess and therefore my soapbox stance.

Mini-suites are not suites (not even close)

FCD/FCC

Medallion/Medallion Class App

Medallion App works on INTRAnet (not wifi)

And the list keeps going.  They need to have some English teachers in a department all of their own.  It is not difficult to be creative and come up with better descriptions.  I shall step down now.  Thank you for allowing me this space.

And kest we forget the most recent naming debacle:

1) Plus: Princess Plus Cruise package (bundled fare with wifi, beverage package, etc) and Princess Plus beverage package (stand-alone, just the beverage package)

2) Princess Premier Cruise Package and Princess Premier Beverage package.

Honorable mention: MedallionNet wifi internet. To add to the medallion naming fun . 

Seriously, a bazillion words in the English language alone - what's with naming items aboard the same thing as each other?

Annoying, to say the least.... blockquotelockquote widget

Edited by reedprincess

We have dined at both restaurants more than once and our preference is Sabatinis.  Although everything at the CrownGrill was good it was more of a meat and potatoes restaurant and we were not impressed with the quality of the meat.  The variety and preparations of the food at Sabatinis is more appealing to us and we are looking forward to trying the Sabatinis on our April Enchanted cruise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deultgen said:

2.  One unique thing on Ruby ..... Sababtini's is located in the former "Share" by Curtis Stone location.

Which previous to being "Share" had been Sabatini's since when the ship was launched.

I am not impressed with the meat quality on Crown Grill - but I still seem to go often (insanity comment earlier).

I finally went to Sabatini's on my last cruise and was very impressed except for one of my entrees which I thought I would love - Trattoria Oven Baked Trio. I did not like that one - it was strange. Otherwise, the meal was great.

We enjoyed our meal at Sabatini’s on the Ruby last year and plan on eating there again in May.

Second the recommendation to only eat there if you’re okay with ocean movement!  The restaurant is located on Deck 16 aft.  Over half the tables were empty when we ate there.  Wait staff told us that people had canceled due to the rough seas.  It was entertaining to see people delivering drinks and food with all of the rocking and rolling!

Admittedly, I have not been on Princess since before the pandemic (we'll be on Sky Priness in a couple of weeks), but I was not impressed with Crown Grill at all.  I don't know if it was because I had the seafood and not the meat, but it was definitely dissapointing.  Sabatini's however, has never let me down and we intend to eat there when we get on the Sky.  

37 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Did the price at Crown increase from the $25.?  I thought it had gone up in price.

Crown Grill and Bistro Sur La Mer are $39 pp from Feburary 20, 2023.  Sabatini's is $35 pp effective the same date.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

Crown Grill and Bistro Sur La Mer are $39 pp from February 20, 2023.  Sabatini's is $35 pp effective the same date.

Wow. I thought only Crown Grill was increasing. Glad I was able to book all three at the current and lower pricing since my last cruise embarks on Feb 20!

The pasta trio and zucchini appetizer were on the old menu.  The new menu is fantastic, so much so that we dined there twice while on the Enchanted Princess in December.  We used to pick Crown Grill over Sabatini's and still like it, but I our preference now is Sabatini's.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The pasta trio and zucchini appetizer were on the old menu.  The new menu is fantastic, so much so that we dined there twice while on the Enchanted Princess in December.  We used to pick Crown Grill over Sabatini's and still like it, but I our preference now is Sabatini's.

I'll be on Enchanted on March 23.  Do you have a copy of the new menu?

14 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

For those of you in the know. How are you finding the menus?  I've looked all over Princess' website. We are on Regal in April.  Trying to also decide on hubs 60th BD.

The sample menus for the specialty restaurants are here:  https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The sample menus for the specialty restaurants are here:  https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/

I’m just not sure if that is the right Sabatini’s menu. There’s two of them on the Princess site and one looks a lot better than the other. Trying to figure out which menu will be on Ruby in April.  

Our first Princess cruise was on the Crown Princess in May and dined at the Crown Grill twice, we really enjoyed both meals. We did Sabatini's once and it was average in our opinion. Both had great service though.  We sailed the Discovery Princess in October and again had a great meal at the Crown Grill, we did not try Sabatini's again.  So obviously our vote would be for the Crown Grill.

Edited by JeffT237

On the Regal January 2022, in Sabatini's, I made the mistake of ordering too many seafood items because they all looked so good on the menu. But by time of the last entree (in parchment which they wouldn't open for me because of Covid) I was tired of 'fishy' items. Or perhaps i was just too full.

Definitely enjoyed Crown Grill with the lamb chops on the CB this last month.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:22 PM, memoak said:

But it sounds like the OP wants to use their OBC so they would need to wait to book while on board   If they book now they will need to provide a credit card

We used our onboard credit using the app. Maybe that's new?

49 minutes ago, sttopmh said:

On the Regal January 2022, in Sabatini's, I made the mistake of ordering too many seafood items because they all looked so good on the menu. But by time of the last entree (in parchment which they wouldn't open for me because of Covid) I was tired of 'fishy' items. Or perhaps i was just too full.

Definitely enjoyed Crown Grill with the lamb chops on the CB this last month.

The portions are very good size. I rarely order an entree at Sabatini’s as I am usually full after apps and pasta. Need to save room for the dessert