Riviera Live — February 10th

What A Market

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from What a Market! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

What A Market was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hi everyone.

Going to make an attempt at posting live from the Riviera. Embarking tomorrow for a ten day Miami to Miami cruise.

Oceania is definitely my cruise line of choice. Our last O cruise was this past September on the Regatta for a Pacific Coastal cruise. My wife and I were joined by daughter and SIL. This was my first Pacific coastal cruise. We had a great time. Easy trip when you live in Arizona and embark and disembark in Los Angeles.  I’ll definitely do this cruise again. I tried (miserably) to post live from that cruise.

This is our fifth cruise since Covid “ended.”  Yep, putting ended in quotes. Not sure how best to phrase that. Maybe better to say “since cruising returned.”

Other than the Oceania Coastal cruise, we’ve done three cruises with Celebrity since cruising returned to normal. Two on the Apex and one on the Reflection.  I guess I’ll say Celebrity is my backup cruise line to Oceania.  All those cruises were fun as well. Definitely a different experience from Oceania, particularly on the Apex as a bigger ship.

Currently flying from Phoenix to Miami.  Non-stop flight to start the trip. Flying back home at end of cruise thru Dallas. Staying one night at the Marriott Stanton South Beach. Getting in so late this evening that in retrospect it seems stupid to stay in South Beach. 

Posting  this after checking in at hotel. 

Edited by What A Market
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, What A Market said:

Hi everyone.

Going to make an attempt at posting live from the Riviera. Embarking tomorrow for a ten day Miami to Miami cruise.

Oceania is definitely my cruise line of choice. Our last O cruise was this past September on the Regatta for a Pacific Coastal cruise. My wife and I were joined by daughter and SIL. This was my first Pacific coastal cruise. We had a great time. Easy trip when you live in Arizona and embark and disembark in Los Angeles.  I’ll definitely do this cruise again. I tried (miserably) to post live from that cruise.

This is our fifth cruise since Covid “ended.”  Yep, putting ended in quotes. Not sure how best to phrase that. Maybe better to say “since cruising returned.”

Other than the Oceania Coastal cruise, we’ve done three cruises with Celebrity since cruising returned to normal. Two on the Apex and one on the Reflection.  I guess I’ll say Celebrity is my backup cruise line to Oceania.  All those cruises were fun as well. Definitely a different experience from Oceania, particularly on the Apex as a bigger ship.

Currently flying from Phoenix to Miami.  Non-stop flight to start the trip. Flying back home at end of cruise thru Dallas. Staying one night at the Marriott Stanton South Beach. Getting in so late this evening that in retrospect it seems stupid to stay in South Beach. 

Posting  this after checking in at hotel. 

We'll be boarding Riviera for the first time (both ship and Oceania) as you finish your cruise.  Have a wonderful time and looking forward to hearing your experiences on board!

36 minutes ago, What A Market said:

The Oceania Suite and its interesting/weird TV room. And the Safety Video still required viewing in the room. (Only the third or fourth time I’ve watched, including online check in and various emails. Lol)

89C1E827-4CEC-4861-812B-3D98385F4782.jpeg

5FE29F02-CE52-4141-8150-E666D1C26685.jpeg

We were on Riviera in Oceania suite Jan.2022.  If only you could remove that gosh awful artwork from the wall in the TV room. 🙂 🙂  Really enjoyed the outdoor jetted tub.

Edited by davencl
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, What A Market said:

yes better  to say since cruising  returned  covid has not ended

I have it now & DH is just getting over it  so definitely not ended

Enjoy the cruise 

20 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

yes better  to say since cruising  returned  covid has not ended

I have it now & DH is just getting over it  so definitely not ended

Enjoy the cruise 

So sorry Covid go ahold of you. Heidi and I have had once apiece. Neither of us had extremely symptoms. Get well soon!

• Thanks 1

Nice to see you posting again. It appears they didn't change much in the Oceania Suites in the update. Maybe the carpet and some upholstery. 

I stayed right by the Marriott Stanton a couple of weeks ago at the Hilton Bentley. I was on another line and we had to go down to the end of the terminal. It took us almost an hour to get from SB to our ship. The Uber price was almost $60. The driver kept apologizing, but it wasn't his fault as traffic was so backed up. He said it's generally about 15 minutes. 

Enjoy your cruise, hopefully I'll get to be on the Riviera in March. 

Thanks for the pics.  So other than new carpet and reupholstered furniture, not much else has changed.  Same living room and desk lamps, same style chairs throughout (assumed they were reupholstered), veranda chairs appear as though they may have been replaced with new ones of similar style.  I do like the lighter fabric on the living room chairs over the previous black and gold which were quite worn and dirty.  I also like the new carpet over the previous monotone version.  Master bathroom looks unchanged, although I'm sure they did retile, grout and caulk as needed and possibly changed some shower enclosure's aluminum trim. 

Early morning one begins at my favorite place on ship: Baristas. If you read any of my previous Live posts from past cruises, you know this is where I spend every morning. Usually  for a couple of hours as the Dear Wife slumbers. Love love love espressos! 

5BD3F455-221B-4624-ADF1-0329377623DC.jpeg

Edited by What A Market
  • Like 2