How is ELITE Boarding Handled - with the new GREEN Lane and Arrival Time Status??? Do Elites still get Boarding Priority?

mikjr

2 minutes ago, mikjr said:

This is our first cruise using the MEDALLION APP and Green Lane status.   We went to the APP to request a boarding time, but there was not an ELITE option.

Do ELITES still get Priority Boarding??

Yes we do.  You don’t say which port you’re leaving from.  
On the App, you will be able to

pick from arrivals starting anywhere from 59 days to 12 days before sailing.

App

Personal information and documents

move down to Gray bar “suggested”

Arrivals

click on that when it opens…

There is usually an Elite area at the port, where you will gather to board when Elites are called in the very beginning.

• Like 1

The arrival times are intended to help keep crowding to a minimum but at this time they are not enforced or even checked.  

When you arrive at the terminal if boarding has not yet begun you will wait in the Elite area and once boarding begins the Elite Loyalty level  get priority boarding just as before. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

The arrival times are intended to help keep crowding to a minimum but at this time they are not enforced or even checked.  

When you arrive at the terminal if boarding has not yet begun you will wait in the Elite area and once boarding begins the Elite Loyalty level  get priority boarding just as before. 

Is there an 'elite' line to enter before entering the terminal?

In my experience the only time elite boarding is helpful is if you arrive before boarding has started. If so you will sit in a separate area with water, juice etc.  Whenever we hav gotten there after boarding started we walked right on after going through security the rest of embarkation process 

• Like 3

In Ft Lauderdale  there is a separate line, not labeled, just ask after you get through the scanners.

11:00 am arrival and have been walking right on, entire process is 15 mins ** If you have Medallion in hand and are Green

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

In Ft Lauderdale  there is a separate line, not labeled, just ask after you get through the scanners.

11:00 am arrival and have been walking right on, entire process is 15 mins ** If you have Medallion in hand and are Green

Yes.  And if you do have to wait. There are separate lounges, one for Elites and one for Platinum.

• Like 1

San Pedro has one line entering the building.  Then up the escalators where you will be "separated".  Once processed, you will be showed to a room/area where refreshments will be served.  (This is if you cruise out of Terminal 93 and not the Tent).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Here is a question I have a cruise scheduled for April 2024 and I will be elite for that cruise. My daughter and her family are on the cruise with me. Can they join me for boarding? 

No but you can join them in their line.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Here is a question I have a cruise scheduled for April 2024 and I will be elite for that cruise. My daughter and her family are on the cruise with me. Can they join me for boarding? 

Rules are no, but you can just meet up on the ship or go in their line.

Or, arrive later, after initial boarding and you may just all go through together through security and on the ship.

We don't use the medallion app but were green using the web app last Oct. we had no boarding time option, was that because we had the Princess transfer from LAX?

Also have Princess tour prior to boarding  in Rome in Aug. will that be the same process we don't sail until 7:00 pm but want to board when we get there if possible.

We are still only platinum until next time in 2024.

Thanks

16 hours ago, voljeep said:

Is there an 'elite' line to enter before entering the terminal?

Not at Fort Lauderdale. Everyone is in the same line for security and then split into Blue/Green lane for check in. Once checked in you will be directed to the Elite Lounge if boarding has not begun   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

We don't use the medallion app but were green using the web app last Oct. we had no boarding time option, was that because we had the Princess transfer from LAX?

Also have Princess tour prior to boarding  in Rome in Aug. will that be the same process we don't sail until 7:00 pm but want to board when we get there if possible.

We are still only platinum until next time in 2024.

Thanks

Yes, you will just board when you arrive at Civitavecchia port.  No need to pick arrivals time if you’re on a transfer/tour.  It’s on the downloaded Princess App anyway, not the website version of the App.

No worries.

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, you will just board when you arrive at Civitavecchia port.  No need to pick arrivals time if you’re on a transfer/tour.  It’s on the downloaded Princess App anyway, not the website version of the App.

No worries.

Great so the medallion they send us will have everything like in Oct. we showed up they scanned that medallion boarded after security.

Thanks for the quick response.

My experience from  our December, 2023 Sky cruise leaving from Ft Lauderdale. Wear your medallions so that your status color shows.

Towards the front of the line, there is an agent that directs elite to the entrance on the right. Thus bypassing the huge line for non elites. 

Once inside, you will again be directed to next available security scan. Once your luggage is scanned, you will then be directed to another shorter line for elite. 

You will then be directed to the next available agent to check in.  Then it’s on to the ship.  

if you get there before all passengers have departed, you will be directed to an elite waiting area. 

if ever you are unsure which line to go to, tell an agent that you are elite and they will direct you. 

It’s all very quick.  I mean really quick.  

50 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Great so the medallion they send us will have everything like in Oct. we showed up they scanned that medallion boarded after security.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, they will ask to see your passport and medallion.  We just wear them to show them and they check everything and if ship is ready, you board.  

Remember print your luggage tags out and your travel summary when you get closer to sailing.  That’s on the website also.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

Slightly different experience at Australian embarkation ports. We've tried Coral, Majestic and Grand here this season. We found that our elite (and suite) priority had no effect of preference at the initial stage. That is, they only looked at Green Line status and boarding group to allow you entry into Terminal. Once inside there is a priority lane. So if you were elite or suite and had Boarding Group D, you didn't have any priority until they called D group. So you only had priority WITHIN your boarding time group. Therefore essential here if you want to board early, to go on App at 59 day prior mark and select early time, even if you're elite or suite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

Slightly different experience at Australian embarkation ports. We've tried Coral, Majestic and Grand here this season. We found that our elite (and suite) priority had no effect of preference at the initial stage. That is, they only looked at Green Line status and boarding group to allow you entry into Terminal. Once inside there is a priority lane. So if you were elite or suite and had Boarding Group D, you didn't have any priority until they called D group. So you only had priority WITHIN your boarding time group. Therefore essential here if you want to board early, to go on App at 59 day prior mark and select early time, even if you're elite or suite.

Wasn't that way pre-Covid.  I am thinking someone has got the process mixed up there.  Any Elites arriving before boarding commenced should have been waiting in same area and with letter group that no one else would have.

16 hours ago, tere247 said:

My experience from  our December, 2023 Sky cruise leaving from Ft Lauderdale. Wear your medallions so that your status color shows.

Towards the front of the line, there is an agent that directs elite to the entrance on the right. Thus bypassing the huge line for non elites. 

Once inside, you will again be directed to next available security scan. Once your luggage is scanned, you will then be directed to another shorter line for elite. 

You will then be directed to the next available agent to check in.  Then it’s on to the ship.  

if you get there before all passengers have departed, you will be directed to an elite waiting area. 

if ever you are unsure which line to go to, tell an agent that you are elite and they will direct you. 

It’s all very quick.  I mean really quick.  

Different when checking in at Galveston.

One line to get into the building.

One line for security.

After security, one line for green and another for non-green.

If before boarding starts, Elite & Suites go to their special area to wait.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Wasn't that way pre-Covid.  I am thinking someone has got the process mixed up there.  Any Elites arriving before boarding commenced should have been waiting in same area and with letter group that no one else would have.

That was this current season in Australia.  If anyone arrives before boarding, they aren't allowed in Terminal until Group A called. No special line for priority until allowed in Terminal when your letter group called, irrespective of whether you're elite, priority or not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

So, it is important for Australian cruises to get the “green status”