Plattinum/elite lounge-Ruby?

fatbird

There is not a dedicated Concierge Lounge as on the Royal class ships.  However, you should receive an invite to the nightly Captain's reception, for Suite and Elite passengers, and that usually occurs in Skywalkers.

30 minutes ago, jeromep said:

There is not a dedicated Concierge Lounge as on the Royal class ships.  However, you should receive an invite to the nightly Captain's reception, for Suite and Elite passengers, and that usually occurs in Skywalkers.

On the ruby, since we have been on her several times in the past few months, the elite lounge is in skywalker's Lounge - deck 17 aft......the Captain's party is in the vista lounge on deck 7 aft. We will be going again on March 5th....the Skywalker's elite lounge is a lovely event.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eclue said:

On the ruby, since we have been on her several times in the past few months, the elite lounge is in skywalker's Lounge - deck 17 aft......the Captain's party is in the vista lounge on deck 7 aft. We will be going again on March 5th....the Skywalker's elite lounge is a lovely event.

Are platinums invited?

Hugs!!

21 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

Are platinums invited?

Hugs!!

I believe it is only for elite and suite passengers - not sure because we are elite and often go by there at 5pm for an appetizer and a drink. the captain's party in the Vista Lounge is for elite and platinum passengers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are both Platinum, but have been bumped to a suite on the Caribbean Princess.  We also have the drink package.  But, we WILL plan to take advantage of every perk of a suite-holder, as we are likely to never have this opportunity again.  Advice / Suggestions are encouraged!

1 hour ago, eclue said:

I believe it is only for elite and suite passengers - not sure because we are elite and often go by there at 5pm for an appetizer and a drink. the captain's party in the Vista Lounge is for elite and platinum passengers.

Nope. It is the P/E/S lounge. Platinum/Elite/Suite. Maybe 6 discounted drinks and freebie snacks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Nope. It is the P/E/S lounge. Platinum/Elite/Suite. Maybe 6 discounted drinks and freebie snacks.

I'm glad someone finally got it right!

Also, it is not a dedicated location on the ship (not on the deck plans).  It varies by ship as well as the number of platinum, elite and suite passengers.

That being said, on the Ruby, it is a safe bet that it will be in Skywalkers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

I'm glad someone finally got it right!

Also, it is not a dedicated location on the ship (not on the deck plans).  It varies by ship as well as the number of platinum, elite and suite passengers.

That being said, on the Ruby, it is a safe bet that it will be in Skywalkers.

9 hours ago, fpsphil said:

Skywalkers on grand class ships. Vista lounge on royal class

Yes, and this can vary too.  We started with Skywalkers and then the next week, they changed it to the Vista.  Not getting many coming to Skywalkers for it, they said.  We’ve also had it in the wheelhouse bar.

Just pay attention to your paper on embarkation day, showing your elite activities for that cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Captain invites us to a cocktail party and we have "discounted" drinks? They used to be gratis, or is my memory failing me?

Two separate things.

Captain's Circle cocktail party is free cocktails from the 6-8 choices passed on trays. 

PES event is every evening except Captain's Circle event evening and includes a selection of hors d'oeuvres and a selection of discounted cocktails - or any drink you want at full price (of covered by whatever drink package you may have).. 

5 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Two separate things.

Captain's Circle cocktail party is free cocktails from the 6-8 choices passed on trays. 

PES event is every evening except Captain's Circle event evening and includes a selection of hors d'oeuvres and a selection of discounted cocktails - or any drink you want at full price (of covered by whatever drink package you may have).. 

Ah, thanks for setting me straight.😎

• Like 1