What is Happening With The Tiles

mcrcruiser

https://cruiseradio.net/holland-america-poster-design-contest/

Glad to see that the 150 years tile is out there and I'm sure the design team was told to "keep it simple" but it is definitely barebones for such an important event and looks like something that could have been done on a phone app! So maybe that is why they are now looking for outside help for the poster design🤔

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Glad to see that the 150 years tile is out there and I'm sure the design team was told to "keep it simple" but it is definitely barebones for such an important event and looks like something that could have been done on a phone app! So maybe that is why they are now looking for outside help for the poster design🤔

I agree it's pretty underwhelming.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

That tile is seriously "blah." But for HAL it has the advantage of being usable on every ship. No need for individual designs for each class. I think I was lucky that, although Eurodam said they had no tiles, my steward was able to find one, the "mermaid" version, not this new design.

I followed the link you posted and recognized the poster with King Neptune on it. I have a tile based on that poster, from back when the tiles were recreating vintage advertising designs for the tile. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I wonder how Stephen Card is doing, and why they haven’t gone to him. 

I haven’t seen him post in a very long time.

I love his paintings! I always look for them when I'm on a HAL ship. I think I have one or two tiles based on his paintings of HAL ships.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigbeergut said:

So does everyone get a tile at the end of a cruise?

If you are a 1* Mariner, you will get a tile. To be a 1* Mariner you must have previously taken a HAL cruise or informed them of a cruise on another CCL line. As stated, some cruises are not giving tiles due to supply chain issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If you are a 1* Mariner, you will get a tile. To be a 1* Mariner you must have previously taken a HAL cruise or informed them of a cruise on another CCL line. As stated, some cruises are not giving tiles due to supply chain issues.

That’s a really good question.  I completely the first leg of a B2B and I’m on my second second leg with a new booking number.  Technically I think I’m a 1 star Mariner but I doubt the system knows.

No tile on the Koningsdam Hawaii sailing.  We got the notice today thanking us for our loyalty and reporting that HAL has halted distribution due to “global supply chain issues” and if we “hold on to this card” they will be more than happy to offer us an extra tile” on our next sailing.  I now have two of these notices from the Koningsdam, next cruise will be Westerdam in 2024.  Maybe all tiles will be the same from now on?  Disappointing.  Maybe they could at least bring back the nightly chocolates. 🤔🙏

9 hours ago, Sea42 said:

I agree it's pretty underwhelming.

Beyond underwhelming.  Disappointing.  Pathetic.  Weak.  Sad.  NG!  (no good).

Why those stupid boats at the bottom.  Why not the current HAL logo?  Glad my tile area in my kitchen is done already and I didn't wait for this tile to be included.

7 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

Beyond underwhelming.  Disappointing.  Pathetic.  Weak.  Sad.  NG!  (no good).

I totally agree and maybe its just the angle of the photo but it looks like they shaved off the depth and made it truly now into just like an old cardboard beer coaster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VermeulT said:

Why those stupid boats at the bottom.  

Past (1st HAL ship) and Present (current class) ships.  But, doesn't HAL know that all good things come in three's! 😉 

I suggest to add a third ship, beautify and beef up the fonts, and add another border around the edges.  Let's stick a silhouette of a ship from 1950 when my grandparents sailed on HAL.  SS Ryndam

On 2/17/2023 at 12:37 AM, Laminator said:

In the room on the NS this evening.

20230217_003548.jpg

I like the simplicity framed by the four Delft-like corners. Sounds like we may see them on NS the first week of April. If I get around to my tray project, the white will stand out as a center tile in a sea of blue tiles.

Just off Koningsdam this morning.  No tiles but a memo of apology and promise to redeem if presented on next cruise.

Suggestion.  Rather than wasting the printing cost why don't they update everyone's Navigator in the Accounts section where guest can show to Guest Services to redeem.   How many people will lose that card their next cruise?