2023 Premium Plus Beverage Package

montycjv

Hi Everyone....

We are sailing NCL Epic on the 15 day Transatlantic crossing in April.  We recently upgraded to the Premium Plus Beverage Package and now we're hearing that NCL may have limited or eliminated certain wines and spirits from the package.  Can anyone provide recent information or detail their experiences with the Premium Plus package?...We are hoping to have a nice bottle of French Champagne with dinner each night, and enjoy some premium glasses of wine or other spirits. 

There are many different experiences posted recently, possibly varied by NCL Ship....so we're very confused and hoping we didn't make an $1,100 mistake paying for this upgrade.  I should all note we are sailing in the Haven for the first time so anyone that can provide insight would be very appreciated!

Thank you!!

• Like 1

Your question is heavily discussed for all NCL cruises.  Unfortunately, nobody can give you a clear and honest answer right now.  Most of us would likely suggest that you continue reading  the boards and make your final decision to keep, or cancel, your PP+ package about a week before your sail date (or > 3 days prior)! 

• Like 1

I was on the Escape, in the Haven, at the end of December. I got all the Veuve I wanted, by the glass (I was even offered doubles). For bottles, I could’ve gotten Moët Imperial. I’m not a wine expert, but I never had any issue getting what I wanted. I got a bottle that wasn’t even listed as being available by the bottle on p+ and there was no charge.

• Like 3

Following as we are on the transatlantic BA in april and have heard mixed availability on a number or things (champagne, bourbon, etc). Call it supply chain or ncl getting stingy…. It’s a big up charge to not have everything or comparable on the list. I have heard better luck in haven bar but elsewhere on the ship can be out of luck. 

• Like 1

I really think it depends on what you drink. We cruised the Bliss a few weeks ago and they had everything we wanted, bottles of champagne at dinner, top shelf liquors like Zacapa 23 and Whistle Pig, Ice Wine for dessert and Chimay beer in the District Brew House. I would suggest not buying the package until you get on board where you can check out the things you specifically want.

• Like 1

I’m going to piggyback on this topic. I’m pretty certain I’ll be using my OBC to upgrade once we’re on board, but I would love to see updated beverage menus and wine list. Or to be pointed to a review someone has come across since Jan 1 that has them. I’m making my way through reviews but haven’t come across them yet. 

1 hour ago, Sammae said:

I’m going to piggyback on this topic. I’m pretty certain I’ll be using my OBC to upgrade once we’re on board, but I would love to see updated beverage menus and wine list. Or to be pointed to a review someone has come across since Jan 1 that has them. I’m making my way through reviews but haven’t come across them yet. 

Hello.  Do you know for use that you can upgrade onboard?  I also want to upgrade onboard so that I can use my OBC, but I've seen conflicting reports on whether you can upgrade onboard 

Thanks for the above wine list- was that the wine bar or in the MDR? 

I must say, we’re super confused about this as well , cursing in April on Encore. Some posts on here claim that menus don’t indicate anymore which bottles you can have by the bottle with the Premium plus package but the above post clearly shows them still. Then again, some people say it was hard to hunt down French champagne while overall, it seems you very much can still get bottles of Veueve with your dinner.

What is it now? We’ve already paid the upgrade fee because we’re suckers of French champagne and over all biiiig drinkers, so that alone makes it a no brainier for us. Not too fuzzed about what brand exactly the top shelf spirits are, as long as I can get a few Single Malt Whiskies I’m happy. More concerned about French champagnes and the selection of wines by the bottle for dinner.

2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Hello.  Do you know for use that you can upgrade onboard?  I also want to upgrade onboard so that I can use my OBC, but I've seen conflicting reports on whether you can upgrade onboard 

From what I've read, you can't upgrade to the Free at Sea Plus once on board, but it's still possible to upgrade the beverage package to Premium Plus. If you hear anything different, I'm interested to know!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sammae said:

On all cruise lines it is not a change in menus as much as a supply chain challenge. You get what shows up on the dock for your cruise. They normally don’t reprint menus based on what the ship gets each week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sydneyberlin said:

Thanks for the above wine list- was that the wine bar or in the MDR? 

I must say, we’re super confused about this as well , cursing in April on Encore. Some posts on here claim that menus don’t indicate anymore which bottles you can have by the bottle with the Premium plus package but the above post clearly shows them still. Then again, some people say it was hard to hunt down French champagne while overall, it seems you very much can still get bottles of Veueve with your dinner.

What is it now? We’ve already paid the upgrade fee because we’re suckers of French champagne and over all biiiig drinkers, so that alone makes it a no brainier for us. Not too fuzzed about what brand exactly the top shelf spirits are, as long as I can get a few Single Malt Whiskies I’m happy. More concerned about French champagnes and the selection of wines by the bottle for dinner.

If a wine is available, you should be able to get it at Cellars or any dining room. If you have any problem, what so ever, just go to Cellars and tell them where you are eating that night and what wines you want and they will make sure you have it.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

On all cruise lines it is not a change in menus as much as a supply chain challenge. You get what shows up on the dock for your cruise. They normally don’t reprint menus based on what the ship gets each 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sammae said:

From what I've read, you can't upgrade to the Free at Sea Plus once on board, but it's still possible to upgrade the beverage package to Premium Plus. If you hear anything different, I'm interested to know!

excellent distinction.  I'm more interested in the upgraded drinks (specifically Macallan) than the extra meals.  And I  could care less for the extra Internet.  I know the upgraded free at sea is $42 per day (I'm sailing solo), so I should research just the drink package upgrade in making my decision

We were recently on the Norwegian Sun and purchased the upgraded package. We found it worth the money because we could drink bottles of 'Moet' and 'Pommery Rose' for lunch and sometimes dinner and order 'Veuve Clicot' champagne by the glass at the Champagne Bar. Other outlets on board, other than the two main dining rooms didn't have the champagnes. Wines were more challenging as we mainly drink White or Rose rather than red. The '6 Sens' rose by the glass was pale, dry and palatable whereas I opted for a white wine from the basic package but I could order it by the bottle rather than the glass which I like.  We also ordered a bottle of San Pellegrino sparkling water with lunch and dinner so all in all, I felt we had good value for the Plus package and the extra we paid.

On 2/12/2023 at 8:36 PM, sid_9169 said:

PPBP on the Prima this week, and all the Veuve you could drink by the glass at almost any bar... Maybe one or two wouldn't have it, but it was there...

@sid_9169 which Premium Plus tequila did you get in your margaritas?  Did they use Grand Marnier or Cointreau as well?

• Like 1

I really wish one person could upgrade. I drink all the premium and my dh drinks beer 🤷🏻‍♀️. I thought really long about just spending the money to upgrade both of us but know thats silly lol