Where’s the Beef? Meatloaf in Blu!

Cruising Princess

On 2/13/2023 at 11:32 PM, TeeRick said:

So what's wrong with serving a nice tasty meatloaf?  I would order it.

Sounds a lot more appetizing than much of the "Clean Cuisine" stuff to be honest, especially these dreadful "healthy" dips for the bread. I usually try and get the MDR dips.

25 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I believe if you compare menus before January and that menu you will find a difference.  Too many threads on this issue.

Sailed Solstice twice in the past two months. Had dinner in the MDR each night. Meat and fish offerings very much diminished opposed to many past Celebrity cruises. When offered, the beef tournedos were sirloin beef not beef tenderloin and the fish was tilapia every night. 

I’m following a couple of NCL and Carnival threads. The current thread on the Carnival Magic showing  the current  menu offerings and pictures of the MDR and Oceanview Cafe equivalent. It  appears even Carnival’s offerings in the MDR (prime rib, beef Wellington, etc.) are of a higher caliber than Celebrity. The Carnival equivalent to the Oceanview Cafe also appears to be at a higher level, and has a fairly robust offering opposed to what Celebrity is currently offering.

We cruise on multiple lines. We always felt comfortable, and a good value, on Celebrity. However, if Celebrity continues in the same direction with food and pricing, it makes the decision to look at the other lines we also enjoy much easier

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, expattraveler said:

Sailed Solstice twice in the past two months. Had dinner in the MDR each night. Meat and fish offerings very much diminished opposed to many past Celebrity cruises. When offered, the beef tournedos were sirloin beef not beef tenderloin and the fish was tilapia every night. 

I’m following a couple of NCL and Carnival threads. The current thread on the Carnival Magic showing  the current  menu offerings and pictures of the MDR and Oceanview Cafe equivalent. It  appears even Carnival’s offerings in the MDR (prime rib, beef Wellington, etc.) are of a higher caliber than Celebrity. The Carnival equivalent to the Oceanview Cafe also appears to be at a higher level, and has a fairly robust offering opposed to what Celebrity is currently offering.

We cruise on multiple lines. We always felt comfortable, and a good value, on Celebrity. However, if Celebrity continues in the same direction with food and pricing, it makes the decision to look at the other lines we also enjoy much easier

Same here.  I am waiting to see what kind of a line Celebrity wants to be.  I enjoyed the old Celebrity, but I am holding off on new bookings.

They have rolled back some of the cuts.  However many more are still in place.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, expattraveler said:

Solstice will have the CEO cruise this spring from Seattle to Alaska. I wonder if they will continue to serve the same pile of rubbish when LLP is onboard or if they will start to reverse the catering cuts for these traditionally more expensive Alaska sailings.

I somehow don't think that the Alaska crowd will be too impressed with what they're currently doing.

Edited by Fly and Sail
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 2:11 PM, phoenix_dream said:

This option has been on the menu for years and it's delicious!

It has been on the menu for awhile, I ordered it in Blu in 2018 on a TA. I distinctly remember because it was the oddest tasting meatloaf I’ve ever had? 🤨. Meatloaf prepared by someone who is only vaguely acquainted with ground beef! Anyway, it’s not a cutback thing.

On 2/14/2023 at 11:16 PM, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I find it very humorous when I see these kind of continuous posts about no meat on the menus. Then I see people who are on board posting the menu and I kind of have a disconnect. Maybe they're on the menu but they won't serve them? This is from the Solstice yesterday.  

SmartSelect_20230214_231255_Facebook.jpg

This is clearly a "chic" night, better-than-most-days menu

On 2/14/2023 at 5:49 PM, L75317 said:

We're cruising the Beyond in March and I see virtually no red meat on the various MDR menus in the App. Will anything possibly be added? I can't imagine this is it?!!! Trying to stay positive, but it's hard. 

We were just on the Beyond, B2B at the end of January.  The menu choices, and the food itself was fabulous.  There is plentiful red meat, every night, in every restaurant.  In Normandie, Tenderloin is on their everyday menu.  We had filet mignon at least 3 times.  On lobster night (they were small, I’m not a big fan, give me Dungeness crab anyday) I ordered an extra filet rather than another lobster tail.  We ate in Blu 70% of the time, we were very impressed with their menu.  You will have no issues getting your fill of meat.  By the way the meatloaf was great.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Scuppersisontheboat said:

There is plentiful red meat, every night, in every restaurant.  In Normandie, Tenderloin is on their everyday menu.  We had filet mignon at least 3 times.

It's like Celebrity has become 2 different cruise lines--E class and everything else.

• Like 2

In my youth, my wine list was dominated by interesting fruity blends of Boones Farm, MD 2020, Bali Hai. More adventurous in my retired life I'm committed to increasing my oenophile credentials. What is a fabulous wine pairing to celebrate the meatloafs flavors?

Bon Appetite or as my wife says, "Don't let your meatloaf."

• Haha 1