The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday February 13th, 2023

cat shepard

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I've been amazed at all the names people have shared today.  Sometimes, I don't think parents think about how a names sounds or how people, especially kids, react to shall we say odd names.  One of Texas' former governors was Jim Hogg, who had a daughter.  Her name was Ima.  Growing up, there was an urban legend that Ima had a sister named Ura.  Miss Ima, as she was called, was a beloved figure in Texas who did a lot of good for a lot of people.

We lived in Texas for a couple of years when I was in 2nd and 3rd grades.   I remember visiting the Hogg home while we were there and learning about Ima Hogg.  

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, richwmn said:

This was just delivered by the Cabin Steward

Valentine.thumb.png.72e201623b30a0c38a44c00ed2ad1f70.png

The card -- A GRAND GIFT FOR YOU, "Life is short. Eat dessert first." -- Jacques Torres.

Captain Frison & the Zuiderdam crew wish you a pleasant Valentine's Day

Thank you for posting this, Rich.  It's really brings a smile.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, dfish said:

We lived in Texas for a couple of years when I was in 2nd and 3rd grades.   I remember visiting the Hogg home while we were there and learning about Ima Hogg.  

We're native Texans and have never visited tne Hogg home.  I guess that's typical of people skipping local places, but touring places away from home.  We've tried to visit more local places.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

@StLouisCruisers Sandi As we are dining outdoors I believe you are coming into view. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Bruce & Sue

waving!😁

7:10 PM

Another ship coming into view. So will wave again just in case! 😁

image.thumb.jpeg.5b0f10ad2a268fbfae7ecff04e09005b.jpeg

Bruce thanks for the picture!  Nice of you to remember to wave at us today.  Waving back!  We’ve eaten dinner and listening to music in Crown Grill Bar with a glass of wine for me and Gentleman Jack for DH. They have lots of music, singers, bands and dancers on this ship. Last night they had two violinists in here and tonight a guitarist/singer. Excellent!B8D75889-718C-4493-B21A-913BE5BED0DE.thumb.jpeg.d81b006d18387b123181e441217e86fd.jpeg

• Like 11

15 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm feeling a bit relieved, I learned that I'm not in stage 4 kidney disease!  I misunderstood her on the phone the other night (strong accent).  I did go from stage 3a to 3b, which is bad enough, but at least not as bad as I thought.  So what she probably had said was "we don't want it to get to stage 4".

We have a plan, lots of medications changed, an ultrasound tomorrow morning, and an appointment in early March with a Nephrologist.  And of course I'm still guzzling all that water. 😉  She definitely agreed that the severe illness I had in December is the cause of this, and some of my meds contributing.  

Glad to hear that at least it’s not stage 4 and there is a plan in place.  Prayers that the nephrologist can help 🙏🏻 

14 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Just came back from my twice a week physical therapy on my leg fracture.  It is coming along very well. 

That is really good news 👍 

13 hours ago, superoma said:

I just discovered that my snowdrops are up all over the front lawn and my hellebores have blossoms! They may all freeze their b***s off when it gets cold again next week!  Currently 10c but windy. If the wind stops it will be very nice in our corner.

OK, I am officially jealous 🤢. We are buried in snow - but of course, we usually are.  enjoy your beautiful blooms 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1