Another NSSCruiser Price Alert​ 🤑 Beyond April 9th, 2023 - 7 Night Western Caribbean

NorthStarStateCruiser

Some significant price drops for this sailing for verandas and above. Over 50% drop in sky suite prices versus yesterday.

Sky suite 2 pax room: $2099/pp before taxes & fees.

We're within the final payment deadline so this would be an opportunity for a lower cost direct upgrade for folks currently booked.

Act fast because the prices will likely increase by this afternoon. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for the heads up @NorthStarStateCruisersince that is an awesome price for a week in a sky suite on their newest ship.  Too bad I can't jump on this one.  Although, on second thought, maybe a hard pass is best here especially if it would be one of those banging, creaking, slamming suites that I have been reading about.

2 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Thanks for the heads up @NorthStarStateCruisersince that is an awesome price for a week in a sky suite on their newest ship.  Too bad I can't jump on this one.  Although, on second thought, maybe a hard pass is best here especially if it would be one of those banging, creaking, slamming suites that I have been reading about.

We were just on Beyond in SS 9154— no banging😂

This is definitely a “people close to the port” special. Leaves on Easter Sunday and the airfare is sky high, pun intended. 

Having said that, I had to book one— have until tomorrow for FP. We will drive from CT, we were planning a spring trip to FL anyway so this may be it. Or it may not. I’ll know tomorrow. To be safe, I booked 9154 again 😜

Thanks @NorthStarStateCruiser

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We were just on Beyond in SS 9154— no banging

Good to know.  When I checked earlier it seemed the only ss was 9146 in that same general area but that weird spot next to not in front of the magic-carpet-view suites.  Now I just checked again and all magic-carpet-view suites on 6, 7, and 8 are open.  Not a fan of potentially more little ones on board over Easter, so I will still take a pass.  

I remember when I felt good about pricing of under $300 pppn for a ss.  Now they seem to rarely be coming in at under $400.  I could go on short notice in the coming months if my feel-good price arose again.

Bummer/Advice Welcome, please.  

We're booked on Apex CS for the week prior April 1 -April 8.  As we have yet to book flights (they are a fortune), we'd be FINE switching to this Beyond sailing if we could be in Retreat.  (If we had knocking that would be an issue).  We are fully paid, and had a refundable deposit.   We got a decent price relative to the price before this class of room sold out, and given the holiday week.  Having already been on Edge, the small differences on Beyond are appealing.  

@Cap_D what type of advise are you looking for.  You certainly aren't going to be able to switch sailings after final payment.  Refundable deposit makes no difference after you pass final payment date.

Yes flights are going to be crazy expensive as it's the holiday weekend.

22 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

@Cap_D what type of advise are you looking for.  You certainly aren't going to be able to switch sailings after final payment.  Refundable deposit makes no difference after you pass final payment date.

Yes flights are going to be crazy expensive as it's the holiday weekend.

The magic code for switching by a week!  Flights are obnoxious, but such is that time of year,  and inflation.  Just more interested in Beyond as compared to Apex (shame they didn't do anything to differentiate it just slightly).  

While some may not be able to take care of a price reduction post final payment, the reduced price for a SS might be close enough to a lower cabin price to make it attractive to pay the small difference to move up.

It also may be an indication this will be a good ship to do a move-up bid.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I wonder why the deep discount on this particular sailing. Is it because it’s a couple of vloggers’ group cruise? Are they that disruptive?

Is that a joke or is that actually the case?

If it's a vloggers cruise it could be that they held back a large number of suites for these folks and just released a bunch of them for purchase.

3 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Is that a joke or is that actually the case?

If it's a vloggers cruise it could be that they held back a large number of suites for these folks and just released a bunch of them for purchase.

I’m seriously asking, not a joke. These are vloggers, not travel agents. I don’t get your comment about holding back rooms. 

6 hours ago, RichYak said:

I’m seriously asking, not a joke. These are vloggers, not travel agents. I don’t get your comment about holding back rooms. 

I’ve met one of the two vloggers  that are running a group cruise that week and he is a really nice guy, very unassuming. 

Their group is organized by a TA, so maybe the holdback is real, although I doubt they hold a lot of suites. 

In any event, I’ll be there and let you know—- couldn’t pass up the price. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, GenerationX said:

And just like that, my “fun money” funds from my annual bonus and the number of 2023 paid vacation days I have at work have just dropped significantly.  

Thanks so much for the heads up!

See you on board! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

Thanks for the post.  I booked a suite as well.  Surprise the pricing is still good.  The downside is airfare is the cost of another of another cruise 😃.  Might be more families onboard for Easter week and the Retreat an escape.  

I'm thoroughly surprised the prices lasted for more than one day.  It does look like they've come back up a bit.  In the span of 2 days they sold out all of the Magic Carpet Sky suites, the penthouse suites, and Edge Villas.  Supply and demand doing some work here.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 9:21 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Some significant price drops for this sailing for verandas and above. Over 50% drop in sky suite prices versus yesterday.

Sky suite 2 pax room: $2099/pp before taxes & fees.

We're within the final payment deadline so this would be an opportunity for a lower cost direct upgrade for folks currently booked.

Act fast because the prices will likely increase by this afternoon. 

I'd like to thank you for posting this.  We are a bit late to the game, but were still able to get an Aqua Sky Suite for e decent price.

Rollie

• Like 1

wow, that is a great deal. Suite Guarantee where they choose is just $5,341 total for two people with all fees and $300 OBC pp and $250 OBC extra and this is 48 hrs after you posted. I wouldn't normally do a guaranteed room, but not like you'd get a bad suite.

currently a total of $5,871 with same OBC benefits if you choose your own sky suite, and $5,612 total with all fees if you choose your own aqua sky suite.

too bad I don't have time to go on this cruise!

Edited by njsmom

2 hours ago, njsmom said:

wow, that is a great deal. Suite Guarantee where they choose is just $5,341 total for two people with all fees and $300 OBC pp and $250 OBC extra and this is 48 hrs after you posted. I wouldn't normally do a guaranteed room, but not like you'd get a bad suite.

currently a total of $5,871 with same OBC benefits if you choose your own sky suite, and $5,612 total with all fees if you choose your own aqua sky suite.

This is way up from Tuesday's pricing of $2,099pp for a you-choose S3 Magic Carpet View Suite.  Those came out to around $4,500 with all the suite perks.  I gave up trying to unravel Celebrity's pricing mystery.

2 hours ago, njsmom said:

Thanks to the OP for alerting us to this bargain fare! Although I didn't catch on early enough to get the fare he quoted, I did snag an Aqua Sky Suite for $5,612 for two, just a bit over the per person fare on other sailings!

DH (Tiki_Man) and I love the Sky Suites and Retreat on Edge class ships, but actually prefer Blu to Luminae, so this might be the best of both worlds for us! (Wonder why Aqua Sky Suites were less expensive than regular Sky Suites?)

An added benefit is the opportunity to sail with other CC members that have provided such helpful and entertaining posts over the years. Generation X, NorthStarStateCruiser, and mac_tlc, I'm talking about you!

Headed over to the Roll Calls to see who else is on board!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GenerationX said:

And just like that, my “fun money” funds from my annual bonus and the number of 2023 paid vacation days I have at work have just dropped significantly.  

Thanks so much for the heads up!

I so understand! We are sailing on MSC Seascape on March 19 and had not planned on another cruise until the fall when the ships return from the Med. But this is too good to pass up. We are pretending it is a back to back with a two-week intermission!

Having followed along on several of your "live from" reviews, I look forward to the opportunity to meet you and raise a glass together. I will be looking for the map dress in The Retreat Lounge on embarkation day!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

An added benefit is the opportunity to sail with other CC members that have provided such helpful and entertaining posts over the years. Generation X, NorthStarStateCruiser, and mac_tlc, I'm talking about you!

Headed over to the Roll Calls to see who else is on board!

Looking forward to meeting you on the 9th!!

mac_tlc

• Like 1