French Toast

Oakman58

I recently completed a cruise on the Diamond Princess.  I'm a breakfast person and I love the choices that cruise ships offer in the buffet and dining room.  However, sometimes I think the chefs try too hard to be fancy or unique.  Case in point, on the Diamond the French Toast was nothing like what I expected.  What they offered as French Toast in the buffet was completely different from what was offered in the dining room.  First a picture of what I think French Toast should look like.

photo-1595044643502-616eeebbdff3.thumb.jpg.a980719b42aa74a0587b4175380bce51.jpg

When I ordered French Toast in the dining room this is what I was served.  I believe it is called James Beard French Toast with crumbled up corn flake coating.  It was OK but not what I was hoping for.

IMG_20230120_093055192_1.thumb.jpg.3a1f968e1cc12ff52139266876dde68c.jpg

What they called French Toast in the buffet was completely different and looked more like a bun and it always had some type of topping on it such as raisins, or coconut, but the morning I had to laugh out loud was the morning it was topped with Fruit Loops.

IMG_20230116_082838827_1.thumb.jpg.2338973016ea4e16210fb56d429d105b.jpg

• Haha 1

I think French Toast is much more like the first picture🙂 and CGT, I have seen sausage and bacon with it....its ok with me. Bacon always make everything better LOL😀 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

I think French Toast is much more like the first picture🙂 and CGT, I have seen sausage and bacon with it....its ok with me. Bacon always make everything better LOL😀 

Hi Lois!  French toast with English bangers…yummmm!  And maple syrup of course!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I LOVE French Toast made with Challah Bread........I am sure some of you know what that is......it is simply DELICIOUS😀

You could buy a lot of that in the community near us call Boro Park. A lots of bakeries.

OK…for the ultimate French toast…make it with Pannetone!  Challah is very good but Pannetone with raisins and fruit peel is out of this world.  Portuguese sweet bread with raisins is a very close contender.  

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

On 2/17/2023 at 8:08 AM, lenquixote66 said:

I enjoy French Toast but not with bacon 

Everything goes better w bacon.  One of the things I like about cruising is that some of the lines make extra crispy bacon and I eat a lot of it.

DON