Chips at Park Cafe on Allure

24 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

What happened on Jewel last month has nothing to do with availability on Allure currently.

Actually it does. The edict came out of Miami last month. No more chips is fleetwide. 

Well, if you can believe the staff

4 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I suspect it's because chips require a ton of storage space, and that's in short supply on ships.  

- From a person who can take or leave chips.  

They started having little bags of chips available when they first introduced Park Cafe over a decade ago, so I am sure they have long ago figured out how to store chips on the ships.  If the rumor is actually true, it is likely just another victim of cost cutting.  People have proven that they hoard the bags of chips, some even taking them home, so the cruise line has decided they don't want to fund peoples lunches at home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

They started having little bags of chips available when they first introduced Park Cafe over a decade ago, so I am sure they have long ago figured out how to store chips on the ships.  If the rumor is actually true, it is likely just another victim of cost cutting.  People have proven that they hoard the bags of chips, some even taking them home, so the cruise line has decided they don't want to fund peoples lunches at home.

They can provide chips the same as delis.  No individual bags but place an amount on the serving plate.

When they provided tortilla chips on Coco Cay at the Mexican station, they were not in individual bags.

Plain and simple--economics.

11 hours ago, nelblu said:

None available.  They used to hide them at Park Cafe, but no longer. Was told on Anthrax sail thst if I wanted. chips gave to order via room service. Could you imagine spending $8 for a bag of chips. 

New ship?  I'm pretty sure I don't want to sail on Anthrax of the Seas....  Chips or no chips.  😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

They can provide chips the same as delis.  No individual bags but place an amount on the serving plate.

When they provided tortilla chips on Coco Cay at the Mexican station, they were not in individual bags.

Plain and simple--economics.

Aren't the tortilla chips on CC made fresh🤔

1 hour ago, zoepipes said:

I'll have to hit Costco up for their Kirkland Sea Salt Kettle Chips before our next cruise in May. . .I may inidvidually package and sell them. . .but I sure do like Jays!

Pringles are easiest to pack

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I never eat chips at home, but love Pringles for the ship. I always look for unique flavors in other countries. 😉

That funny we do the same...They had paprika flavor at Cozumel. Did not have the nerve to buy tho.

• Like 2

I pack my own little bags of chips and pretzels to have as snacks.  

It’s a sickness I know 🥹 lol.

And for those salty snack lovers like me, who sometimes have the dreaded swollen ankles on a cruise (wonder why??? 😣), may I kindly direct you to THIS thread….

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2915941-cruise-ankles/page/3/#comment-64854783

🙄😳

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, rockmom said:

New ship?  I'm pretty sure I don't want to sail on Anthrax of the Seas....  Chips or no chips.  😂

🤣Was typing in a very dim lit place and fat fingers, plus I-Phone overrides certain words. When I saw it, I said Whoa, but it was beyond editing.  It was Anthem and I also saw some other editing required.😜

Edited by nelblu
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2