Alfredo's or MDR for embarkation lunch

korky1

We were on Majestic in December but couldn't board till 3pm because of some covid issue.  Back on her next week hopefully at noon and have heard that one of the MDRs will be open for lunch as well as Alfredo's.  Have read on here that lunch menu in the MDR on embarkation day is pretty special. My husband and I don't really eat pizza but have read on CC that Alfredo's pizzas are very nice so thinking of maybe going there for our first lunch.  Which would you recommend?

Another MDR fan here!

I’m not officially on a cruise until I have ordered:

Avocado and Bay Shrimp

Salmon

Orange Soufflé 

On our last few cruises, I didn’t even open the menu.  Decision made!

As Starshine says, we can eat at Alfredo’s all cruise long but the embarkation lunch menu only happens once per cruise.

My husband also recommends the beef medallions!

• Like 3

I’m with the MDR embarkation lunch bunch.  If you can board early enough.  You have the whole cruise….even port days…or an in between meal time to experience Alfredo’s. Embarkation lunch is never repeated.  

• Like 2

The experience in the MDR is usually so quiet and serene, just perfect after a busy day of travel.  Alfredo's tends to be noisier because of the location along the piazza.  Another vote for MDR.  And be careful with that delicious orange souffle, it is very hot!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nini said:

The dining room has never been on our radar for embarkation day. It is really that good? I appreciate any comments. 

It is a typical Princess lunch menu.

What is special is that it is nice and calm compared to the zoo that is the buffet on embarkation day.

A nice relaxed lunch is a nice relaxing way to really start the onboard vacation.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, korky1 said:

We were on Majestic in December but couldn't board till 3pm because of some covid issue.  Back on her next week hopefully at noon and have heard that one of the MDRs will be open for lunch as well as Alfredo's.  Have read on here that lunch menu in the MDR on embarkation day is pretty special. My husband and I don't really eat pizza but have read on CC that Alfredo's pizzas are very nice so thinking of maybe going there for our first lunch.  Which would you recommend?

I'm a pizza lover and vote  for Alfredo's

14 hours ago, donswife said:

The experience in the MDR is usually so quiet and serene, just perfect after a busy day of travel.  Alfredo's tends to be noisier because of the location along the piazza.  Another vote for MDR.  And be careful with that delicious orange souffle, it is very hot!

Yes!  The soufflé is Very Hot!!

It’s hard to be patient but after years of practice, I let it sit for a minute or two before digging in and devouring it!

5 hours ago, linaka625 said:

Does anyone have the full menu for the Main Dining room lunch?  I'm boarding Enchanted on March 23.

Below is not from the Enchanted, but is typical for an embarkation lunch menu in the dining room.

(To enlarge, click on a photo. Then click again on the new image. That will open up the photo in a new tab. Click on that photo and it will be enlarged for viewing.)

DSC03186 moda.jpg

DSC03188 moda.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

My vote is for MDR.  I have a dairy allergy so your plate may be a bit different than mine.  We always look forward to the embarkation lunch in the MDR.

Were they able to accommodate your dairy allergy just walk-in on embarkation day? Traveling soon with my friend who has same allergy and I so want to start off on the right foot! I know to consult about dinners the night before, wondering how first day lunch works.  She would be so happy with everything in your photos if she could be sure they were dairy free!

19 hours ago, MustangGT said:

Another MDR fan here!

I’m not officially on a cruise until I have ordered:

Avocado and Bay Shrimp

Salmon

Orange Soufflé 

On our last few cruises, I didn’t even open the menu.  Decision made!

As Starshine says, we can eat at Alfredo’s all cruise long but the embarkation lunch menu only happens once per cruise.

My husband also recommends the beef medallions!

This is my go to lunch also🛳️

• Like 1