Drop and go fares

latebuyer

2 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. There is an april 30th alaska cruise. Does that mean it would show up about a month before?

Is that why you are called latebuyer?

Sorry, couldn’t help it.😁

I’ve seen these pac n go 😂 fares from 2 months to 2 weeks before sailing.  I would just check fare when you see a 

sale going on.

Last year, I noticed a lot of AK sales.

Some awesome deals.  But, you never know. This year is supposed to be even more travelers than pre covid. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I've been signed up for years and never gotten any offer.

So you have to sign up, not shown on website? I was idly watching a California Coastal late Feb thinkin they might have a last minute deal.

9 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. There is an april 30th alaska cruise. Does that mean it would show up about a month before?

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I've been signed up for years and never gotten any offer.

Drop (everything) and Go (on short notice.) Great for retirees. Though they don't have trouble selling Alaska. We got a great deal on Santiago to LA on a Drop and Go. Ship still wasn't crowded.

Log on to Princess- My Account- Captain's Circle Tab- Standby. Select locations and time window you want. Also under My Profile tab- Account Contact Information, Receive News and Offers. We get ours by email.

• Like 3

Cheap cruise fare but if you have to fly your airfare might wipe out your cheap cruise savings. A couple of times went I wanted a last minute price for something out of say Ft Lauderdale,  I'd book my airfare early and hope I'll be able to snag a cheap cruise price last minute. And if I can't, I'm happy to spend 2 weeks in Ft. Lauderdale and ares.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjpj said:

Cheap cruise fare but if you have to fly your airfare might wipe out your cheap cruise savings. A couple of times went I wanted a last minute price for something out of say Ft Lauderdale,  I'd book my airfare early and hope I'll be able to snag a cheap cruise price last minute. And if I can't, I'm happy to spend 2 weeks in Ft. Lauderdale and ares.

For that matter, book air on Southwest and you can easily just cancel and get a refund if you dont find a cruise. I am considering this approach....

15 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is that why you are called latebuyer?

Sorry, couldn’t help it.😁

I’ve seen these pac n go 😂 fares from 2 months to 2 weeks before sailing.  I would just check fare when you see a 

sale going on.

Last year, I noticed a lot of AK sales.

Some awesome deals.  But, you never know. This year is supposed to be even more travelers than pre covid. 

Last year had some crazy Alaska fares in general.  Ended up getting $412 for a balcony after taxes and fees on Carnival last year for the cruise right after the Summer solstice.  Rates are up significantly year over year, and some cruise lines I’m seeing close to doubling in fare between September last year and May this year

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mowogo said:

Last year had some crazy Alaska fares in general.  Ended up getting $412 for a balcony after taxes and fees on Carnival last year for the cruise right after the Summer solstice.  Rates are up significantly year over year, and some cruise lines I’m seeing close to doubling in fare between September last year and May this year

That's a great deal...taxes/port fees are $250 a person in Alaska.  Unlikely to see a deal like that again any soon, if ever.

42 minutes ago, malba2366 said:

That's a great deal...taxes/port fees are $250 a person in Alaska.  Unlikely to see a deal like that again any soon, if ever.

Why I pretty much insta booked it, even with it being on Carnival.  Alaska is definitely doing good business based on what I’ve been seeing with fares across the market.  

Last year I had a number of great, great offers--even free cruises!--the challenge is that we had busy work schedules, and yes, some of the air fares were sky high.  

Usually I just book the itinerary I really want about a year in advance, and try to get some price reductions if they become available. My other issue is I have to reserve boarding for my dogs, and that is rarely available in our busy metro area unless booked months ahead.

It would certainly be fun to travel at the last minute at a bargain price.  Hopefully one of these years.

Edited by LibertyBella
Add sentence
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LibertyBella said:

Last year I had a number of great, great offers--even free cruises!--the challenge is that we had busy work schedules, and yes, some of the air fares were sky high.  

Usually I just book the itinerary I really want about a year in advance, and try to get some price reductions if they become available. My other issue is I have to reserve boarding for my dogs, and that is rarely available in our busy metro area unless booked months ahead.

It would certainly be fun to travel at the last minute at a bargain price.  Hopefully one of these years.

That's why our doggo has the current nickname of 'last dog'.  As much as I enjoy the security of a big, deep bark to keep trouble from our yard and home, she's the last we'll have due to travel. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

For that matter, book air on Southwest and you can easily just cancel and get a refund if you dont find a cruise. I am considering this approach....

Doesn't work for me... live in Toronto, no Southwest. Guess I could drive to Buffalo, but really not a fan of Southwest.

7 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Doesn't work for me... live in Toronto, no Southwest. Guess I could drive to Buffalo, but really not a fan of Southwest.

Yeah, that pretty much kills all of the cheap and easy options us Americans have been spoiled by (Frontier with no fees is an amazing experience)

Early season Alaska fares are just now hitting the final payment date.  Checking in a few weeks and you should see some sales.  Make sure you check on the Princess site, logged in.  Often times cruise lines will start discounting "regional" fares if you live in a metro area or state.  As it gets closer to sailing and based on existing availability, they will either drop the price or increase the area to multiple cities/states - or both.

I see a SB voyage of glaciers  on 5/27 for 399 pp interior, that doesn't include princess plus, but it does include Best Sale Ever.  Inside passage RT Vancouver on 5/5 for 449.  Alaska RT SFO for 899 on 5/27.  There are a few others but nothing is less than 399 currently.