Drinks for in-room fridge

KyOh

6 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

is one of the major flavor components of Coca-Coca. Another is the extract from a real bitter orange. Pepsi uses lemons, which is one big reason they taste different.

Interesting.   I enjoy adding 1/2 teaspoon of Orange Blossom water to my iced tea.   I was wondering if that was an ingredient when  posted earlier.

I also add rose water to holiday desserts. 

The foodie in the family asked, "What is that mysterious flavor...."

The owner at my middle eastern grocery store says that company, Cortas, was right down the street from where he grew up in Lebanon.

Note:  Wow looks like Orange Blossom water is one of those "long tail products" where Amazon's markup is significant.   I believe I last paid $2.99 for a bottle.  It lasts forever.  

Edited by SempreMare

5 hours ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

We don't like fizzy drinks at all. In DV so what might we have? 

Outside of water, I don't believe there are any bottled or canned non-carbonated options. They may have non-carbonated Fanta orange but I'm not sure. Coffee and Tea are available 24/7 in the World Cafe and room service is always available.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, andyp0911 said:

Question Please............If you pay for the Silver Drinks package, can you get your fridge stocked with alcoholic drinks? We are in a deluxe balcony room think its category is Deluxe Verandah DV2. Thank you 

What you get in your fridge and what the Silver Spirits package provides are two separate issues. This is from the SS info in the website   ..

"Upgrade and enjoy unlimited beverages in all dining venues and bars throughout the duration of your cruise".

The SS Package is meant to be used in dining rooms and bars etc and is not designed as a top up for the fridge. 

So the answer to your specific question is no.

However, when you have the SS package can you pick up a drink from the bar at any time and take it back to your cabin. And you can ask room service to bring a drink to your cabin 1,2, 3 ...  5 times a day if you want. No problems.

We have access to wine / beer / spirits etc in our cabin fridge and the fridge gets topped up every day - in theory. The reality is we rarely take anything from the fridge cos we rarely drink in our cabin and prefer to sit in one of the bars / lounge areas and enjoy the atmosphere.

But we do take a drink from the bar back to our cabin almost every evening as a nightcap.

So my suggestion is don't stress about what's in the fridge (or not in the fridge) - there are plenty of opportunities to make the most of the SS Package.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Little Monty said:

.. I've just realised I wrote that we rarely drink in the cabin, but we take a drink back to the cabin every night. I meant we rarely drink anything from the fridge .. hopefully the poster I was replying to gets my point. 

Cheers, LM

No problems understood what you meant, appreciate your response and clarifying, many thanks

• Like 1

To get back to the original question about what's in the minifridge, we're in a PV1 cabin. I understand there will be softdrinks and alcoholic beverages in the fridge? Is it possible to request white wine in the fridge? Or is the fridge too small and there aren't any small bottles of white wine? 

4 minutes ago, CoolBeansVA said:

The fridge is large enough to hold a bottle of wine horizontally.  I think there will be a bottle of bubbly awaiting you in your PV.  Whether they’ll replenish it with wine, I cannot say.

FYI If you don’t like complementary champagne they will replace it with wine. I’m not sure if they will replace the daily liquor supply with wine. I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

1 hour ago, happyyaya said:

To get back to the original question about what's in the minifridge, we're in a PV1 cabin. I understand there will be softdrinks and alcoholic beverages in the fridge? Is it possible to request white wine in the fridge? Or is the fridge too small and there aren't any small bottles of white wine? 

As others have said, the fire can hold one bottle of wine. Have never seem  "little" bottles of white wine on the ship. One can also get an ice bucket  for your wine. I have done that and it works fine. 

We have replaced the little liquor bottles for wine - no problem.  Just leave a note inside the fridge with what you want done.  Replacements/refills are not done by your room steward; someone comes around daily to do it.

• Thanks 2