Sorry Princess, but that’s NOT Chocolate Cake

thunderbaycruiser

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

In this day of constant supply chain problems, we are seldom shocked.  It is possible that the ship only had a limited supply of Diet Coke and decided to reserve it for the bars.  Consider that on a ship with 1600 cabins it would take 3200 cans of Diet Coke if the simply put 2 cans in each cabin.  

If you have a drink package, and they have Diet Coke cans at a bar, simply ask for a couple of unopened cans and take them back to your cabin :).  

Hank

I wish. Simply not possible on this cruise. Does not matter that you have a drink package. You want Diet Coke? Ginger ale? Bottled water? Not included. Oh we will give you 25% off, but we do not care that you never come close to your maximum on the drink package. These items are just not part of your expensive package. Sorry.

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

That is totally bizarre about the Diet Coke! It's one thing if they just don't have it, although they should. But another thing if they do have it but make you pay extra for it when you have the drink package. I'd fight that one until the cows come home. Ridiculous.

It’s the same for cans of Gingerale and bottles of water. We never come close to our drinks maximum. These items including Diet Coke are just not included. 

Thanks for giving us all that money for a drinks package, but here at Princess we keep finding new ways to nickel and dime you. We are cheap like that! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, buckeye7 said:
30 minutes ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

Bottled water? Not included

Bottled water is not included in the Plus package? I thought it was!

Thanks for reminding me to order the 12 pk for $7 for my upcoming B2B. Wont go thru it on a single voyage but probably will in 3 weeks.

I'm a standard pkg w/ coffee program person 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

It’s the same for cans of Gingerale and bottles of water. We never come close to our drinks maximum. These items including Diet Coke are just not included. 

Thanks for giving us all that money for a drinks package, but here at Princess we keep finding new ways to nickel and dime you. We are cheap like that! 

Not cool. I don't buy the packages, so I'm not up on these things. They don't make financial sense for us, and even less so with this additional information. 

• Like 3

From the current Princess web site:

Our Plus Beverage Package includes the classics: sodas, specialty coffees and teas, cocktails, wine and beer up to $15 each. Even hot chocolate, water to go, smoothies and an unlimited juice bar. Whatever you want – with tips included!

Small bottles of water are definitely included in the Plus package. That includes "regular" water as well as the small bottles of Perrier and San Pellegrino. We always snag water to take ashore and I usually have a San Pellegrino before bed.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Small bottles of water are definitely included in the Plus package. That includes "regular" water as well as the small bottles of Perrier and San Pellegrino. We always snag water to take ashore and I usually have a San Pellegrino before bed.

Nope. Not anymore. I will upload screenshots directly from the app.

43 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

From the current Princess web site:

Our Plus Beverage Package includes the classics: sodas, specialty coffees and teas, cocktails, wine and beer up to $15 each. Even hot chocolate, water to go, smoothies and an unlimited juice bar. Whatever you want – with tips included!

Nope. Not anymore! 

Just read this in their website:

For cruises departing February 20, 2023 and beyond.

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $15.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $22.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes sparkling or still bottled water (500ml or less), fountain sodas, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, and Red Bull energy drinks

9 minutes ago, buckeye7 said:

Just read this in their website:

For cruises departing February 20, 2023 and beyond.

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $15.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $22.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes sparkling or still bottled water (500ml or less), fountain sodas, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, and Red Bull energy drinks

Good luck with that. Although we departed February 11th, our drinks package (plus) had similar wide open choices. Their marketing is a lie. Onboard Majestic, what I posted from the app is the reality.

Canned coke products have never been included. The sodas that are included include those from the "gun". To get water, just ask for a small bottle. If you are charged, got to guest services and ask that the charge be removed as you have a package. Also, the limit on the package is for alcoholic drinks. You can have as many mocktails and sodas (from the gun only) as you wish. I don't think that checking information on the app or TV is helpful at all. You need to speak to a bartender or guest services. 

Edited by katisdale
  • Like 7

I have been watching this and other threads since there seems to be so much confusion.  I just pulled up Princess Plus.  I would go to someone onboard and show them the link that includes bottled water.  That would be awful.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Plus Beverage Package Includes:

• Cocktails, wine by the glass, beer, specialty coffees fountain sodas, bottled water, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), new juice bar, mocktails and crafted cocktails by Mixologist Rob Floyd

PS....Coffee package is still not showing a price.  

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I ordered tacos up on Lido deck. It's supposed to be the Princess version of 2 street tacos. I was served a small bowl with an uncooked tortilla in the bottom and some salad stuff on top. I looked at it and said, "THIS is a TACO?" The guy said, "Yes". I dumped it in the nearest trash and got a slice of pizza instead.

Uncooked tortilla? That's a street taco, and supposed to be that way. Have you had street tacos?  

13 hours ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

I guess I can try again tomorrow. But I am not the only one who has experienced the disappearance of chocolate cake on Princess. 

It’s similar to the Diet Coke mystery on this cruise. Only Coke Zero available for mini bar setup and drink package orders. We don’t like Coke Zero. What they never seem to mention is that you can have Diet Coke if you pay. Drink packages get a 25% discount, but you have to pay. 8th day of this cruise and had our first can of Diet Coke today. Yet our drink package supposedly covers drinks up to $16 aud? Why the untruths then that Diet Coke is not available?? Like the chocolate cake, just be up front about it.

We just got off the Sky after two weeks.  My husband prefers Coke Zero but we have never seen it on  Princess ship.  Makes one wonder, doesn’t it?

On our B2B it was cream for coffee/tea that disappeared.  First few days it was available in MDR, buffet and Sanctuary.  Then we were told in the Sanctuary that they only had skim and regular milk.  Same thing a few days later in the buffet.  The last few days, no cream in the MDR.  Not sure why they would run out of cream on both 7-day cruises.  I should have run to Publix on turnaround day! 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, katisdale said:

Canned coke products have never been included. The sodas that are included include those from the "gun". To get water, just ask for a small bottle. If you are charged, got to guest services and ask that the charge be removed as you have a package. Also, the limit on the package is for alcoholic drinks. You can have as many mocktails and sodas (from the gun only) as you wish. I don't think that checking information on the app or TV is helpful at all. You need to speak to a bartender or guest services. 

Checking the app is completely helpful. Not sure where you get that idea. 

And no, it's not canned vs fountain. Coke Zero cans ARE included. Diet Coke is apparently liquid gold. As is bottled water. Even the small bottles. The description on the app is crystal clear. NOT included in ANY drink package. 25% off only. Why would that charge be removed? 

Your strategies may have worked in the past, but not anymore.

Edited by thunderbaycruiser

39 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have been watching this and other threads since there seems to be so much confusion.  I just pulled up Princess Plus.  I would go to someone onboard and show them the link that includes bottled water.  That would be awful.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Plus Beverage Package Includes:

• Cocktails, wine by the glass, beer, specialty coffees fountain sodas, bottled water, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), new juice bar, mocktails and crafted cocktails by Mixologist Rob Floyd

PS....Coffee package is still not showing a price.  

Sorry to rain on the bottled water parade, but Princess wants to cheapen our whole experience. Bottled water is no longer available for free with any drinks package. I know what it says on the website. I get that. The reality is they have excluded any bottled water from plus and premium drinks packages on this cruise. And it's a HOT one... to Fiji and back out of Sydney. Maybe it's just Majestic or all Australian cruises? I don't know. But we pay for water.

26 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

The fruit plate doesn't match either......granted they didn't serve vegetables 🙂

126266F1-3E8B-46B4-A390-BA062E4C89A6.jpeg

0C10E90D-FB4B-47BB-89BD-1A1CF16E1966.jpeg

So this is where Princess gets really inconsistent. We have ordered the fruit tray twice now and it was closer to the photo in the app. Sorry you got such a lousy plate of next to no fruit!

22 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

We just got off the Sky after two weeks.  My husband prefers Coke Zero but we have never seen it on  Princess ship.  Makes one wonder, doesn’t it?

On our B2B it was cream for coffee/tea that disappeared.  First few days it was available in MDR, buffet and Sanctuary.  Then we were told in the Sanctuary that they only had skim and regular milk.  Same thing a few days later in the buffet.  The last few days, no cream in the MDR.  Not sure why they would run out of cream on both 7-day cruises.  I should have run to Publix on turnaround day! 🤣

I am suspecting this is about to happen on this cruise. Twice now they have served bad cream. Curdled in the coffee. First time the waiter tried to explain it is because we ordered cream. Milk would not do the same thing. Finally got it through to him that the cream had gone bad and needed to be replaced along with the coffees with floating, rotten cream curds. Next cream was fine, but room service cream was also bad. Had to get coffees and creams replaced. Perhaps they lack proper refrigeration? Or more cost cutting? Trying to serve expired cream? Not sure, but sure is disappointing. 

So, I had to go look because I've always gotten bottled water.   It clearly states bottled water, but then I kept reading and I noticed the "for cruises departing thru February 19, 2023".....hmmmmm.    What's coming tomorrow?

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 4.28.39 PM.png

Edited by cruzin4us

35 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Uncooked tortilla? That's a street taco, and supposed to be that way. Have you had street tacos?  

What Thrak described being served are certainly not street tacos. What you describe are not street tacos.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

I ordered tacos up on Lido deck. It's supposed to be the Princess version of 2 street tacos. I was served a small bowl with an uncooked tortilla in the bottom and some salad stuff on top. I looked at it and said, "THIS is a TACO?" The guy said, "Yes". I dumped it in the nearest trash and got a slice of pizza instead.

Street tacos - also know as traditional Mexican tacos - don't have fried shells. They are tacos that have a soft tortilla that isn't fried. 

Street Tacos - Don't Sweat The Recipe  image.jpeg.21cde2554cfee29eecf6e932a2d0cf21.jpeg

Edited by SantaFeFan
  • Like 1