Captain's Club Benefit and Drink Packages

conquesodor

22 hours ago, MBrown1003 said:

Is there any way for us to find out how full the ship is for our sailing?

I have friends who were on the Reflection two weeks ago and Beyond last week and they raved about both.  On Beyond, they were in a suite, so dined at Luminae and had only good things to say.

The only way I have heard of is to do a mock booking on Celebrity's site.  You'll have to look at every category cabin. I did our 3/27 Silhouette sailing this way and found 563 available cabins on 1/22 and it was down to 306 available on 2/20.  So sales are pretty strong.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I finally heard back from Celebrity, with an apology for it taking so long. Here is what they said about the drink package discount for Elite status:

"I am happy to inform you that Elite members like you are entitled to a 15% discount for purchasing or upgrading your drink package pre-cruise. At the moment, discounts can only be applied over the phone. Should you want to take advantage of the discount benefit, please feel free to call our Cruise Enhancements team at (800) 722-5941."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, conquesodor said:

Hi everyone,

Should you want to take advantage of the discount benefit, please feel free to call our Cruise Enhancements team at (800) 722-5941."

Thank you for updates! I was under impression we should call Captain's Club phone #. What is this Enhancement team? Can I call them to apply our discount?

5 hours ago, Aldeya said:

Thank you for updates! I was under impression we should call Captain's Club phone #. What is this Enhancement team? Can I call them to apply our discount?

I called the Captain’s Club phone number recently to purchase a drink package upgrade with my loyalty discount. I imagine there are multiple avenues to make this purchase.

• Like 1

Called Captain's Club to use our Elite discount for Wi-Fi package and 2 different reps gave me completely different information. One - the pre-cruise discount can be combined with Elite discount (I called late at night and she couldn't complete the transaction), the other- no, it can't be combined. 

I'm waiting to call again but it's so frustrating that the reps for the same company give you different answers to the same inquiry....

On 3/18/2023 at 3:26 PM, kpun said:

Same. Just got off the phone with them and they couldn't combine the discounts.

I know this isn't for the drink package, but I called yesterday to order wi-fi for our upcoming Solstice cruise in mid-April. There was a sale going on that lowered the price of the Premium wi-fi to $27.99/day from the pre-cruise price of $29.99. I was hoping to get the sale price + my 25% Captain's Club discount for $20.99/day.

They wouldn't combine the sale and my discount, but my 25% discount did apply to the pre-cruise "sale" price, if that makes sense? Basically I didn't get the $2/day extra discount, but my discount still applied to the pre-cruise pricing. I would hope the drinks package would work the same?

The small print at the bottom of the CC Benefits brochure says to go to this web site:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll#Terms

For everyone's convenience, here's the part on drink packages. Emphasis added by myself.

Discount on beverage packages

Members may purchase a Classic or Premium beverage with their discount pre-cruise only, by calling Captain's Club at 1 800-760-0654. Discount does not apply to beverage packages purchased onboard. Discount does not apply to promotional beverage packages, including promotional package upgrade. Not combinable with other offers.

Discount on beverage package upgrade

Members may purchase a beverage upgrade from the Classic Package to the Premium Package with their discount pre-cruise, by calling Captain's Club at 1-800-760-0654. Discount does not apply to upgrades purchased once onboard. Discount does not apply to promotional beverage packages, including promotional package upgrade. Not combinable with other offers.

Edited by conquesodor

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Reviving this thread to ask another question...

I know I need to call Captain's club to upgrade to premium package with my Elite discount but can I still use my Celebrity OBC to pay or will it be out of pocket?

Responding with the answer to my own question...yes, you can use Celebrity OBC over the phone to make the purchase.  In our case, I chose not to move forward because I only have $100 obc from Celebrity and the difference was going to be $67 out of pocket.  I've decided we'll pay more once on board but have no out of pocket because we also have OBC from our TA which will cover the difference.  I'm also considering not upgrading at all and just paying the difference on drinks should there be an overage.  I'm not sure at this point which is the best way to go...we like sparkling water, vitamin water, etc.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Responding with the answer to my own question...yes, you can use Celebrity OBC over the phone to make the purchase.  In our case, I chose not to move forward because I only have $100 obc from Celebrity and the difference was going to be $67 out of pocket.  I've decided we'll pay more once on board but have no out of pocket because we also have OBC from our TA which will cover the difference.  I'm also considering not upgrading at all and just paying the difference on drinks should there be an overage.  I'm not sure at this point which is the best way to go...we like sparkling water, vitamin water, etc.

The vitamin water is only available with the premium drink package.  Since it is non-alcoholic, you pay full price for it versus a difference in price.  This is one of the reason I like the premium drink package as I'll have two or three bottles of vitamin zero a day.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The vitamin water is only available with the premium drink package.  Since it is non-alcoholic, you pay full price for it versus a difference in price.  This is one of the reason I like the premium drink package as I'll have two or three bottles of vitamin zero a day.  

I did not know that about the non-alcoholic drinks in the classic package. I always assumed it was the price difference that we paid. I would assume the same applies to the speciality coffees also. This is good to know and makes my decision to upgrade easier.

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I do it mainly for the San Pelligrino waters since I do have 3 or more a day of those.  Along with 1 or 2 premium wines its already covered.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, peterde said:

I did not know that about the non-alcoholic drinks in the classic package. I always assumed it was the price difference that we paid. I would assume the same applies to the speciality coffees also. This is good to know and makes my decision to upgrade easier.

Yes, the specialty coffee's are covered by the premium package but not the basic.  However, I believe I have read others comment that they were able to get some coffee that included alcohol with the basic drink package.  Since I always order the same specialty coffee, the Aspin or simply coffee with Bailey's, and always have had the premium drink package, I cannot say for sure. 

• Like 1

Coffees without alcohol (expresso, cappuccino, macchiato) are covered on Classic and some with liquor that is included in the Classic package.  Those with liquor on the premium package, like Baileys, are not covered by the Classic package.  

• Like 1

I called captains club this morning to price classic drink package and zero proof drink package.  I am a select loyalty tier and a 10% discount was available to me, however currently my cruise is offering a 50% off classic and premium drink package pre cruise purchase, and was told that the discounts can’t be combined, therefore no advantage to being a captain’s club member in this case. The zero proof package is currently 10% for my cruise, so again no benefit to loyalty tier in this case.  I find it confusing and another reason I will not chase loyalty points.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, inq said:

I called captains club this morning to price classic drink package and zero proof drink package.  I am a select loyalty tier and a 10% discount was available to me, however currently my cruise is offering a 50% off classic and premium drink package pre cruise purchase, and was told that the discounts can’t be combined, therefore no advantage to being a captain’s club member in this case. The zero proof package is currently 10% for my cruise, so again no benefit to loyalty tier in this case.  I find it confusing and another reason I will not chase loyalty points.  

That is correct.  The Captain's Club discounts are not combinable with other promotional offers.  The 50% off discount sounds like a good deal though. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 2:34 PM, wdr59911 said:

rom the website:

Pre-cruise pricing featured before sailing will always be lower than on board pricing (the pre-cruise promotion excludes Spa and Fitness reservations; and limited items which are not available for sale on board). Prices are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Pre-cruise savings are combinable with select Captain’s Club benefits. See full Captain’s Club benefits for details.

Where is this on the website?