Once a day Cleaning Morning or Evening?

molly361

Once a day Room Service Morning or Evening?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Once a day service Which do you pick Morning or Evening

• Morning
    • Evening

If I could specify a time, I'd like evening after we've gone to dinner (early fixed time), say around 5:30-6pm. I hate to come back from an excursion and not be able to use the shower & room to get ready for dinner, so I chose morning since I don't know what time evening means.

Evening for me.  I don't like playing the "go find someplace to wait" game in the mornings after breakfast until the cabin is serviced.  I don't do much in the mornings so I want my cabin access, but I don't want to get in the way of the cabin staff.  So I cool my heels someplace wondering if they are done yet.  When I leave the cabin around 5pm I won't be back until 9pm at the earliest. 

• Like 3

Too bad you likely dont get a choice.  On carnival This is not how this works.  It rotates due to the stewards workload and guests behaviors.  He just does the best he can.  It sucks because you dont know what to expect.  Its mornings some

days ,  evenings others and some times nothing at all.  The theory is if he cleans twice the rooms once a day its the same amount of work.  What they dont take into account is those rooms are twice as dirty.  

• Like 2

Evening would be fine depending on what time. In the morning in and out of cabin a few times until dinner. Then unless I needed something wouldn't get back to the cabin until later in the evening. However, if I use the same towel and sleep in the same sheets for two or three days it really isn't a big deal.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, resetjet said:

What they dont take into account is those rooms are twice as dirty.  

Our room would be the same regardless if they cleaned it once a day or twice a day. There might be a little more trash, but that doesn’t add more work because they have to empty it anyway.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Evening would be fine depending on what time. In the morning in and out of cabin a few times until dinner. Then unless I needed something wouldn't get back to the cabin until later in the evening. However, if I use the same towel and sleep in the same sheets for two or three days it really isn't a big deal.

Sheets are changed weekly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, resetjet said:

Too bad you likely dont get a choice.  On carnival This is not how this works.  It rotates due to the stewards workload and guests behaviors.  He just does the best he can.  It sucks because you dont know what to expect.  Its mornings some

days ,  evenings others and some times nothing at all.  The theory is if he cleans twice the rooms once a day its the same amount of work.  What they dont take into account is those rooms are twice as dirty.  

CC Member onboard B2B Royal Sailing now said started on there today and they got to choose AM or PM for this week. Now if they keep it that way who knows... Twice as much work, Nah. Shower twice day only have Clean it once, Trash can is half or Full still only change once, Vacuum once and they will only have Make Bed once. I'm always SOLO, typically only have Attendant do my Cabin at nite last 5yrs and then made my own bed anyway

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Sheets are changed weekly.

True. Now 30+ years ago Attendants had lot more work but only 10-12 Cabins. On the older Royal Ships Cabins had 2 Couches that were made into Single or Double Beds at Nite. When they were replaced with Beds still Clean Sheets every nite. Spent yrs(Decades) at Condo's or long term Hotels, they always charged for Daily Maid Service $25-40 a day, I'm cheap so I'm use to the once a week free visit from way back

Edited by ONECRUISER

Dinner makes most sense as out of cabin for long enough to clean. 

Full disclaimer we stay suites so still get 2 services. If dd staying with us on sofa bed it’s an inconvenience if guest sleeping on sofa bed as one service basically eradicates the use of the sofa in the daytime if only one service.

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 1

We normally make the bed as we leave in the morning just because years of doing it we don’t like a disheveled bed.  I was never concerned about my room being cleaned since we really are not in there long enough to leave a mess.  As long as I can replace my wet towels if we shower several times, I think I’m good.

• Like 3