Beyond- still beyond creaking and clicking

Dylan0474mac

3 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

I held my breath watching those young athletes doing their aerial and balancing “gymnastics”. They were awesome, but even more so when the stage under them wasn’t steady. 

We couldn't even walk a straight line over to the Martini Bar! 🤣 Hope you're having a great cruise @Mariastreby Time slipped up on us on embarkation day and we didn't make it to the meet and greet. Maybe we'll run into you before Monday. The days are flying by so fast now ☹️

• Like 1

Just sailed 10 days in Sky Suite 10177 on Beyond. With anything more than smooth seas, the sliding door to the balcony cracked and creaked constantly, but not loud enough to keep us awake at night, but it might annoy a very light sleeper.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, P&M_Cruising said:

Just sailed 10 days in Sky Suite 10177 on Beyond. With anything more than smooth seas, the sliding door to the balcony cracked and creaked constantly, but not loud enough to keep us awake at night, but it might annoy a very light sleeper.

Sorry to hear that. We must have been nearly beneath you on the same cruise, 9173. Disembarked yesterday. Our sliding door had no noise, so we were very relieved that we had none of the awful noise issues so many on this thread have spoken about. The bad and good luck of the draw, I guess. 

I was surprised to read of similar issues on a Princess ship in rough weather..(on the thread here that compares Princess and X)

"We were on the Enchanted for a 10 day southern Caribbean cruise in Dec. 2023 in cabin # E701 cat. me.

We experienced heavy seas the last 3 or 4 days of the cruise. Had much squeaking, knocking and banging. Could not get much sleep for 3 nights. Reported this condition to quest services on the first day and had our room steward acknowledge the noises and he passed this on to his higher-ups. We inquired about a resolution each day to guest services and their manager.

No one from maintenance showed up until the last day, and said nothing could be done. Shims have been placed in the ceiling and walls previously to no avail. This is an existing problem from the start in many cabins.

The cabin next door did not have this problem but many others have.

Research your cabin for noise problems in rough seas.

Other then this issue, the cruise was great."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

I was surprised to read of similar issues on a Princess ship in rough weather..

OH WOW, this is interesting! We just left Beyond yesterday morning in 9168 sky suite. It was a snap, crackle, popping, creaking, bowling ball rolling and jumping under the bed experience. We had it 5 out of 10 nights when we were in moderate seas (2-3 meters). The smooth sailing days, there was no noise. We had a great cruise (I'm still working on a live thread) but we will not sail Beyond again nor Ascent or Xcel. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, RK-NC said:

OH WOW, this is interesting! We just left Beyond yesterday morning in 9168 sky suite. It was a snap, crackle, popping, creaking, bowling ball rolling and jumping under the bed experience. We had it 5 out of 10 nights when we were in moderate seas (2-3 meters). The smooth sailing days, there was no noise. We had a great cruise (I'm still working on a live thread) but we will not sail Beyond again nor Ascent or Xcel. 

Soooo sorry this happened to you. We were across from you, as 9173 had to be nearly opposite, but port instead of starboard. Unbelievable how different your experience was compared to ours, which was far more quiet than we had expected. So we are doing the opposite of you - booking again. It will be next spring’s transatlantic on the Ascent. The cabin, 9159, will be just up the hall from where we just were. This time, behind the forward elevators, port side. Fingers totally crossed for that cabin to also be blessedly silent. Otherwise, we will suffer for 15 nights, as the Atlantic and Mediterranean will guarantee more rough sailing than the Caribbean. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mariastreby said:

Fingers totally crossed for that cabin to also be blessedly silent. O

Crossing fingers and sending up a little prayer for you. 

Something we've been thinking about....wonder what kind of noise issues the crew quarters deal with?? I so hope it's not an issue for them - they are so hard working. They need every minute of sleep! 

• Like 1

We just got off Beyond. Our room did have some popping. But I noticed it was always in the infinite veranda area. With these hundreds of complaints I can’t believe Celebrity hasn’t sent in an engineer to figure it out. Maybe just some overhead panels or something. It wasn’t that it kept us up but was annoying.

12 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

We just got off Beyond. Our room did have some popping. But I noticed it was always in the infinite veranda area. With these hundreds of complaints I can’t believe Celebrity hasn’t sent in an engineer to figure it out. Maybe just some overhead panels or something. It wasn’t that it kept us up but was annoying.

What was your cabin number?

13 minutes ago, CruisinNana said:

Thank you. I am in 7235 and I haven’t heard if this is one of the noisy cabins!  I had to talk my husband into trying the new type balcony. 

We were in 7241 two weeks ago.  There was a little noise but not too bad.  We had a horrible experience last November in a Suite.

Make sure the doors in front of the infinite balcony are tightly closed at night and that helped with the noise we heard the first night.  🙂 

19 minutes ago, spammie said:

We were in 7241 two weeks ago.  There was a little noise but not too bad.  We had a horrible experience last November in a Suite.

Make sure the doors in front of the infinite balcony are tightly closed at night and that helped with the noise we heard the first night.  🙂 

19 minutes ago, spammie said:

Thank you for the suggestion!

4 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

We’ve been on beyond 2 times don’t recall any noise in our cabin last year. This cabin 9116 I did notice but may have been looking for the noise too.

like I said wasn’t enough to keep me awake but annoying to say the least.

We just disembarked the Beyond a week ago, April 22. We were in a Sky Suite, not too far from your cabin. Had no noise issues. It was 9173, though this was port side, and 9116 is starboard. It also seems weird that noisy cabins can be either IV cabins or ones with real balconies. 

We are taking our chances on the Ascent cabins not having as many noise issues, and booked the transatlantic on that ship for a year from now. Went with another Sky Suite about 10 cabins aft of our recent 9173. So…. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Anyone heard anything about 10248? Not that there's anything I can do about it now since my sailing is pretty much sold out. The only video I can find doesn't have any sound and actually mislabels it as it's of 10284 not 10248 like its title says (in spite of the very first bit showing the cabin number - Deck 10 cabin 284).

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart