Azamazing Day

Travelingwithstyle

We have been on numerous Azamara Cruises and have never had an Azamazing Day Event. We are currently booked on 3 b2b.  On our June 28th Onward Cruise they cancelled the Azamazing NIGHT Event and now they have listed in the excursions " Azamazing DAY Event"  DAY 2  29-Jun-2023 Portovenere, Italy

AzAmazing Day  09:00 AM.

Has anyone in the past experienced an Azamazing DAY and not the NIGHT event.  I hope this is not the new company that took over trying to save money.

I'm not happy because we book with Azamara partially because of their night events.  To have an event so early in the morning ruins us trying to get out early to explore the beautiful area we are in.  I'm disappointed and was hoping to see if anyone else has had a "Azamazing Day Event"  Thank you.

36 minutes ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

We have been on numerous Azamara Cruises and have never had an Azamazing Day Event. We are currently booked on 3 b2b.  On our June 28th Onward Cruise they cancelled the Azamazing NIGHT Event and now they have listed in the excursions " Azamazing DAY Event"  DAY 2  29-Jun-2023 Portovenere, Italy

AzAmazing Day  09:00 AM.

Has anyone in the past experienced an Azamazing DAY and not the NIGHT event.  I hope this is not the new company that took over trying to save money.

I'm not happy because we book with Azamara partially because of their night events.  To have an event so early in the morning ruins us trying to get out early to explore the beautiful area we are in.  I'm disappointed and was hoping to see if anyone else has had a "Azamazing Day Event"  Thank you.

I am not sure what you are talking about. I habe had several Azamazing evenings with Azamara. I have never heard of an Azamazing event during the day. But maybe is just me. Are you saying that during your cruise is in the morning? 😲

Ivi

18 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I am not sure what you are talking about. I habe had several Azamazing evenings with Azamara. I have never heard of an Azamazing event during the day. But maybe is just me. Are you saying that during your cruise is in the morning? 😲

Ivi

Just looked at the itinerary and that's what it says - an Azamazing Day in groups (presumably tender groups) with slightly staggered starts, walking around Portovenere, with music in various locations and ending with a buffet lunch - doesn't say whether the lunch is ashore or back on board!

Personally, I would prefer to do my pwn thing in Portovenere - and what about those who want to do Cinque Terre??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Just looked at the itinerary and that's what it says - an Azamazing Day in groups (presumably tender groups) with slightly staggered starts, walking around Portovenere, with music in various locations and ending with a buffet lunch - doesn't say whether the lunch is ashore or back on board!

Personally, I would prefer to do my pwn thing in Portovenere - and what about those who want to do Cinque Terre??

Oh no! That is also my cruise (Onward June 28th)! Why is Azamara doing something like that? I was thinking we might go one evening to a performance in Montecarlo. Like you, I would prefer to do my own thing in Porto Venere or in other ports during the day.

Ivi

• Like 1

23 March, Pursuit continues to show an evening event. However, it changed from original offering. The first time I checked, is was a generic mention of an amazing evening without details - in fact, not even saying what evening of the cruise. Of course I was hoping Three Tenors [dream on] in Livorno/Tuscany!  Then I read it was an event at some recreated village in Barcelona, no details beyond that.  Now it's a flamenco show at an historic cava in Barcelona. Personally, I would prefer to tour the winery [in the daya time] as it goes back to 1551, and skip the flamenco show. 

Darcy

On Azamara Onwards pre maiden trade cruise they had an AzAmazing Day event in Portovenere which by all accounts was quite special and very successful. Perhaps they have decided to recreate that event, there were some pictures posted on FB at the time and it did look like it was a good event.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WatchHill said:

23 March, Pursuit continues to show an evening event. However, it changed from original offering. The first time I checked, is was a generic mention of an amazing evening without details - in fact, not even saying what evening of the cruise. Of course I was hoping Three Tenors [dream on] in Livorno/Tuscany!  Then I read it was an event at some recreated village in Barcelona, no details beyond that.  Now it's a flamenco show at an historic cava in Barcelona. Personally, I would prefer to tour the winery [in the daya time] as it goes back to 1551, and skip the flamenco show. 

Darcy

Some years ago, we experienced an Azamara Evening at a winery near Barcelona. The tour of the winery included a rather lengthy tour of the wine cellars riding in a tractor-pulled train. It was repetitious. At its conclusion there were drinks outside and then we entered a hall where flamenco dancers entertained. It was the best part of the event but required some attention to getting good sight lines.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Riocca said:

On Azamara Onwards pre maiden trade cruise they had an AzAmazing Day event in Portovenere which by all accounts was quite special and very successful. Perhaps they have decided to recreate that event, there were some pictures posted on FB at the time and it did look like it was a good event.

Do you know how to find information on that event?

Ivi

3 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

I found the AzAmazing event for our cruise listed under Shore Excursions.  It was the only one listed as $00.00   I did have to reserve the event and it appears on  my cruise calendar for our first evening in Barcelona, 7: -10: pm. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

I noticed from the roll call you found out that the special event is during the day.

Also saw that someone answered your question.  To find the event...just go to the excursion for the cruise and you will see it posted for the port of Portovenere starting at 9am.   It might have been nice for the premaiden cruise but I'm still disappointed that it is early in the morning.  Thanks to the person who told us they saw it on FB for the premaiden cruise.

Anyhow, I wanted to let you know I wrote Azamara and asked them why they are having the Azamazing Event during the day.  I also asked them why they changed it from the Night event they had in Marseilles.  If they ever write back I will let you know.  Have a great rest of the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2023 at 6:47 PM, the_dylaness said:

Just booked our first Azamara cruise and learned after booking that the "Azamazing Evening" is not in port but rather bringing some dancers onboard... Ok.. Hmm. Not so excited. Would rather go to the winery like mentioned above!

May I ask which cruise and date did you book?   Im surprised like you that they are still doing this.  I agree leaving the ship at night and enjoying the event is part of the fun and one of the reasons to book with Azamara.  

We have had several entertainers come on the ship for the Azamazing night.  At least the Azamazing event on the ships is at night.  St Maarten was very good.  These events have been on the deck where you can dance, drink and enjoy a night out on the ship.  It doesnt ruin your day excursions or day time port explorations.   I do understand why you would be disappointed. Im hoping this isnt the new owners trying to save money.

Still no responds from Azamara why we are having a Azamazing day event and not night.  Ill post if I ever hear back from Azamara.

You will still have fun on Azamara and eat well.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:59 AM, Travelingwithstyle said:

Anyhow, I wanted to let you know I wrote Azamara and asked them why they are having the Azamazing Event during the day.  I also asked them why they changed it from the Night event they had in Marseilles.  If they ever write back I will let you know.  Have a great rest of the day.

On the Journey 22 April cruise they originally had the Evening as Kotor, then changed it to a Day.  Now they’ve changed it back to an Evening in Kotor. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Azamara Pursuit, Sept 25 Barcelona to Venice.

We’re on that cruise also. I added the cruise to our Croatia Intensive because of the Four Sisters Meet AzAMazing Evening. Disappointed at the change but we had 4 excellent on board AzAMazing Evenings last year so I’m sure we’ll enjoy.

• Thanks 1

We're booked on Journey 28 Sep 2023 and previously booked the Azamazing evening in Koper when the 4 ships meet.   Received an email cancelling this so not sure if they will be doing anything special for the 4 ships meeting now.

The new Azamazing evening is showing in Sorrento as a "Caruso evening" on board. It seems there may be two sessions as it offers one at sunset and one under the stars.

We may not bother as we had this same evening in Oct 2021 on board (in the Vista lounge) on the Pursuit. It may be different on deck but it is a shame that the Koper evening was cancelled.

Edited by Lynnewob

49 minutes ago, Lynnewob said:

We're booked on Journey 28 Sep 2023 and previously booked the Azamazing evening in Koper when the 4 ships meet.   Received an email cancelling this so not sure if they will be doing anything special for the 4 ships meeting now.

The new Azamazing evening is showing in Sorrento as a "Caruso evening" on board. It seems there may be two sessions as it offers one at sunset and one under the stars.

We may not bother as we had this same evening in Oct 2021 on board (in the Vista lounge) on the Pursuit. It may be different on deck but it is a shame that the Koper evening was cancelled.

Plenty of time for it to be switched back to Kotor, as ours has just been.  Seems they wouldn't miss out on such a special occasion of the 4 ships meeting to promote it to the max.  Wonder if the new owners are still feeling their way around!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisingaussies said:

Plenty of time for it to be switched back to Kotor, as ours has just been.  Seems they wouldn't miss out on such a special occasion of the 4 ships meeting to promote it to the max.  Wonder if the new owners are still feeling their way around!

They promised things this year but then the only four ships event was the sail in and the focus was on the marketing people putting drones up for images.  It was a very damp squib for guests, but loved seeing the crews of the four ships reuniting 

13 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

On the Journey 22 April cruise they originally had the Evening as Kotor, then changed it to a Day.  Now they’ve changed it back to an Evening in Kotor. 

The week before on Journey it's an evening event in Dubrovnik, and has been since it was released on the shore excursion booking page at the beginning of February.

16 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

I hope you post how your Azamazing Evening in Kotor goes when you return. We are on the September 3 sailing of the Onward, and have an evening event "Mystical Tales at...." in Kotor. 

10 hours ago, uktog said:

They promised things this year but then the only four ships event was the sail in and the focus was on the marketing people putting drones up for images.  It was a very damp squib for guests, but loved seeing the crews of the four ships reuniting 

They got messed up in Kotor by an infrastructure issue. They wanted all 4 ships to dock simultaneously, but Kotor couldn’t provide 4 pilots!   So maybe Kotor can’t cater an event with 4 ships full of passengers, and they don’t want to favor some over the others. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

They got messed up in Kotor by an infrastructure issue. They wanted all 4 ships to dock simultaneously, but Kotor couldn’t provide 4 pilots!   So maybe Kotor can’t cater an event with 4 ships full of passengers, and they don’t want to favor some over the others. 

Actually, that did cross my mind and makes perfect sense.

11 hours ago, terry&mike said:

I hope you post how your Azamazing Evening in Kotor goes when you return. We are on the September 3 sailing of the Onward, and have an evening event "Mystical Tales at...." in Kotor. 

Shall try to remember to do so.  If you've not been to Kotor before, the sail in and out is stunning.

For anyone on Azamara in Kotor, if you want a terrific shore excursion (very expensive, but very worth it): 

Screenshot2023-02-26at8_05_52PM.thumb.png.2d938c963e81f2477e81791b37fca8ed.png

This trip was much better than the description implies.  We first visited the man-made island of Our Lady of the Rocks, then Perast to the naval museum, then to the submarine tunnel for the concert (which was just for us – and there were only 6 of us on this excursion), then to the lunch – Konoba Catovica Mini is much more than a tavern and the lunch was a gourmet four-course meal with wine pairings [we started with a plate with four different appetizers and a glass of bubbly: fish paté, shrimp salad, tuna carpaccio, and octopus salad along with several homemade breads with olive oil/garlic for dipping.  Next up was a rosé to drink and two pastas: saffron shrimp risotto, and black rice with monkfish, prawn and squid.  The main course was a large serving of sea bass aka bronzino with lemon wedges; the single large fish had been cooked whole and presented to us before the waiter cut it into six portions, accompanied by a Chardonnay.  Last but not least was a dense almond cake and vanilla ice cream plus a dessert wine (perhaps a sherry).  Afterward we still had time for a short visit to old town Kotor.

Three points:  (1) the price seemed daunting – but the experience was worth the price; (2) they didn't cancel even though only 6 signed up; (3) the boat ride was exhilarating but everybody felt chilly [and there were no life jackets, which added to both the excitement and the cold!]

• Like 3