Harmony of the Seas Boardwalk Balcony

Rayneman5

Hello, 

Curious on the pros and cons of a boardwalk balcony that overlooks the water show. Yes I know it is an obstructed view, but at least you see the ocean and the show if you like. I can see maybe the noise being an issue. We were thinking of a room like 12327. 

Cons- noise? maybe walk to the elevator etc

Pros- view

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. 

Cons would be the noise (never really bother us).  If you are far enough back to have a better view, you may not like the longer walk to your cabin.  Again, never really bothered us.  They also lack privacy since anyone across can see your balcony.  No big deal to me, but some really dislike that.  

The pros are price, some ocean view, the view of the entertainment below, etc.  

When the price is right, these can be great cabins for the right people.  

We used to do these cabins quite a bit.  Always liked them.  They don’t quite work for us now since we have a few kids and prefer the space of a suite or family cabin.  

Edited by topnole

We had a boardwalk balcony on the Harmony and it was our least favorite cabin in 80+ cruises. We were closer to the center and on deck 14, but the noise was never-ending. The outdoor movie was the worst part for me. We really enjoyed Central Park balconies, but the Boardwalk was not for us. 

It is a long walk to the cabin and some people complain about noise in their cabins.  You do need to close your drapes for privacy, though I presume you manage to do that at home. So if you are noise sensitive or dislike the idea of the long hallway or closing drapes, then reconsider.  

I have enjoyed watching the show from my balcony, watching the people on the zip line overhead, and the people on the boardwalk.  Even with the water slide, you can still enjoy the ships wake. It is a cabin type unique to this ship class and will make the cruise memorable…even the people who did not love their BW balconies remember them😉.  Sometimes one gets good deals on these balconies, too.  I have been in BW balconies multiple times and I’d happily book again.  The end ones are my favorites. 

• Like 1

We had one on Symphony and have it booked again on our upcoming cruise.  We enjoy them.  The pros?  It's fun to stand on the balcony and see the action on the Boardwalk.  Although you are not as close to the ocean as a true ocean view balcony, you can still see it in the background, and it's fresh air and additional space.  Whenever I've looked, it's much cheaper than an ocean view balcony.  We were deck 10 on Symphony about mid way  so not close enough to watch the show the first time, but it was fun to see parts again (or see them practicing in the day if you  happened to catch them).

The cons?  It can be noisy and I remember hearing muffled sounds when a movie was playing, but ear plugs can help with that.  People complain you can see the room across but that never bothered me.  I  close the curtain anyways at home when changing so no different.

We like these rooms, but they are not for everyone.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I think you made my decision harder instead of easier 🙂

My thinking with these rooms were that my two kids would be sleeping by 9ish. So that balcony provides a space for my wife and I to sit and people watch AND if we can see a bit of show / ocean then that is a bonus. Sitting on a balcony and staring at a black ocean doesn’t seem appealing. 

7 minutes ago, Rayneman5 said:

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I think you made my decision harder instead of easier 🙂

My thinking with these rooms were that my two kids would be sleeping by 9ish. So that balcony provides a space for my wife and I to sit and people watch AND if we can see a bit of show / ocean then that is a bonus. Sitting on a balcony and staring at a black ocean doesn’t seem appealing. 

In the evening you won't see much ocean as the Aqua theater screen will always be playing something.  Various movies are played when aqua show is not happening.   We did cabin 10325 and it was too high up to get a good view of the movie screen.  

We did one of these cabins once and decided for us, 2 adults, it wasn't for us.   Price is right for most.

55 minutes ago, Rayneman5 said:

I was the very last cabin. I dont think even that close to the aft 2 people could sit side by side and see the dive show. It's a very sideways view.

• Like 1