Diamond Lounge and Concierge Questions

danny8826

Hello,

On our last cruise on the Jewel, we reach Diamond status.  We actually didn't know about the Diamond Lounge until one of the couples we met onboard told us about it.  We have a few questions.

1.  Are we able to access the Diamond Lounge at any time with our sea pass card?

2.  What can the concierge in the Diamond Lounge help us with?  I am visually impaired. I usually talk to guess service to request for front row seating due to my tunnel and low vision.  Will the Diamond concierge able to help with this arrangement?

3.  We also understand that we will receive 3 or 4 drink vouchers?  Are those already in our Sea Pass card or are they physical paper voucher that we will receive once onbaord?

Thank you and appreciate your time to help us answer these questions.

Just now, danny8826 said:

Hello,

On our last cruise on the Jewel, we reach Diamond status.  We actually didn't know about the Diamond Lounge until one of the couples we met onboard told us about it.  We have a few questions.

1.  Are we able to access the Diamond Lounge at any time with our sea pass card?

2.  What can the concierge in the Diamond Lounge help us with?  I am visually impaired. I usually talk to guess service to request for front row seating due to my tunnel and low vision.  Will the Diamond concierge able to help with this arrangement?

3.  We also understand that we will receive 3 or 4 drink vouchers?  Are those already in our Sea Pass card or are they physical paper voucher that we will receive once onbaord?

1. Yes. Open all the time. 

3. The 4 drinks are loaded on your SeaPass card. No paper. You can use them at any venue at anytime. When in the DL the drinks are also subtracted from your allotted 4. 

• Like 1

You receive 4 drink vouchers, they are on your card. Not physical vouchers. You sign for them to encourage you to tip imo. 

The diamond ambassador can often help with requests. She will usually be there in the morning and during snack time at  night.  

• Like 2

The DL on Jewel is on the Viking Crown Deck.  It is a very small lounge.  Last month on the first week we were on, they opened the door to the VCL for overflow.  Then the next week they closed that door.

Still a nice lounge during the day, and great place to grab a coffee in the morning, but terribly crowded at happy hour.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

The DL on Jewel is on the Viking Crown Deck.  It is a very small lounge.  Last month on the first week we were on, they opened the door to the VCL for overflow.  Then the next week they closed that door.

Still a nice lounge during the day, and great place to grab a coffee in the morning, but terribly crowded at happy hour.  

Shoot on longer and Repo Cruises I've been on they have to use Overflow VCL and 2 other Lounges. Back 20+ yrs ago might have 10-20 Diamonds(the top Tier then) on most Sailings. I remember on then new Explorer was 8 only of us. Before Voyager in 90's there was no Diamond Lounge, we had Concierge Lounge access then. 

Just now, ONECRUISER said:

Shoot on longer and Repo Cruises I've been on they have to use Overflow VCL and 2 other Lounges. Back 20+ yrs ago might have 10-20 Diamonds(the top Tier then) on most Sailings. I remember on then new Explorer was 8 only of us. Before Voyager in 90's there was no Diamond Lounge, we had Concierge Lounge access then. 

With the new Voucher program (which we love), we don't even use the lounges any longer, except for morning coffee.  Had become way too crowded the last few years, lots of politics, and seat saving IMHO.  Happy to use our vouchers elsewhere.    

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

1. Yes. Open all the time. 

3. The 4 drinks are loaded on your SeaPass card. No paper. You can use them at any venue at anytime. When in the DL the drinks are also subtracted from your allotted 4. 

Thank you.  Is the 4 vouchers per day or per cruise?

9 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last few cruises they have had a very good appetizer layout during HH.  Great place for early morning special coffee.

Thank you.  Do you mean specialty coffee?

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You receive 4 drink vouchers, they are on your card. Not physical vouchers. You sign for them to encourage you to tip imo. 

The diamond ambassador can often help with requests. She will usually be there in the morning and during snack time at  night.  

Thank you.  Is it 4 vouchers per day or per cruise?

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thank you.  On our next cruise, we will be on the Odyssey of the Seas doing the Transatlantic crossing and definitely hope to enjoy the DL a bit more. 

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Crazy how times (and numbers of top tiers) change.  On our Serenade to Alaska in 2009, more often than not my mom and dad and my wife and I (and a few other couples here and there) were at times the only people in the Concierge Lounge throughout the evening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

With the new Voucher program (which we love), we don't even use the lounges any longer, except for morning coffee.  Had become way too crowded the last few years, lots of politics, and seat saving IMHO.  Happy to use our vouchers elsewhere.    

Agreed! And we were reprimanded for coming in wearing nice shorts and flip flops. Between that, and the quantity of people, we are personally thankful for the vouchers instead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

We would probably use one or two of the voucher in the main dining room during dinner.  Always nice to have a cocktail during dinner.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cayman1 said:

You get 4 vouchers (drinks, soda, beer, wine, etc.) each day for each person. So if there are 2 of you on a 7 night cruise, you will BOTH get 4 drinks a day for 7 days.

Thank you.  We will definitely enjoy this.  We'll be on a 14 nights Transatlantic Cruise.  

• Like 1

The concierge can help get reservations to specialty resturants, (probably also excursions), and handle some of the tasks you may need guest services for. For example, my son was billed for a drink on Coco Cay when we specifically told them Diamond credits (which they got right for the rest of us), and the concierge was able to reverse the charge for us while we enjoyed drinks and evening snacks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, drb116 said:

The concierge can help get reservations to specialty resturants, (probably also excursions), and handle some of the tasks you may need guest services for. For example, my son was billed for a drink on Coco Cay when we specifically told them Diamond credits (which they got right for the rest of us), and the concierge was able to reverse the charge for us while we enjoyed drinks and evening snacks.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, danny8826 said:

Hello,

Recently off the Anthem and our first time sailing as a Diamond.  We didn't visit the Diamond Lounge until later in the cruise, and wished we had frequented it more, especially for the breakfast, and some quiet time.  The concierge was welcoming and seemed to know all the passengers by name.

The voucher process was so easy.  I would order my drink and make a quick comment to please use the Diamond voucher.  The receipt reflected how many you had used and have left for the day.  I gave $1-2 cash when I ordered the drink.  All the staff were friendly and fine with it. At the end of the day, we used any leftover drinks for bottled water.  We are not big drinkers, but we saved alot of $$ using the vouchers.

Teddie

Edited by teddie

4 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

New to diamond and I am a big water drinker, but can I order a drink and then ask for a water with it?  Is water, bottle or however it’s sold a separate charge or free?  Thx

There is a charge for water bottles but you can use one of your drink vouchers I believe.

Just now, slyster said:

There is a charge for water bottles but you can use one of your drink vouchers I believe.

Thx! On the Royal blog, I was surprised when he recommended that if someone ordered a drink to get a water too, but it seemed like it was free?  

11 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

Thx! On the Royal blog, I was surprised when he recommended that if someone ordered a drink to get a water too, but it seemed like it was free?  

In the lounge, we have found that the wait staff does not always charge for a can of soda or a bottle of water. They are suppose to, but we typically go every night and tip for all of our drinks and have found that they sometimes bring some without charging.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Now that the vouchers are on the seapass card what is the draw at HH?  Are the appy's that good?