New dinner menu

Suite Susie

1 hour ago, SleepyBunny said:

How are these cold soups with alcohol in them? I am a pretty adventurous and experienced foodie, but I cannot wrap my mind around what these taste like...

They are often served in a drink glass. They taste good but sort of like a thin smoothie. I can not taste the alcohol in it.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 2

On 2/27/2023 at 6:01 PM, Torfamm said:

For those who are interested here is our menu for tonight

Thank you for posting all these menus.  I think they look just fine, better than what Celebrity is offering the MDR.  We recently booked another Princess cruise on the Sky in 2024, am sure we will have no trouble finding something good on these menus.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SleepyBunny said:

How are these cold soups with alcohol in them? I am a pretty adventurous and experienced foodie, but I cannot wrap my mind around what these taste like...

The cold peach soup is so good!  I have been known to order more than one.  Think yummy peach smoothie that is dairy free.  I heard the rum piña colada cold soup is really good but I have not been able to try it because it has dairy in it and I have allergies. But I bet that’s really yummy too.  Try them all.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 1:59 PM, dides said:

Do VV change their menus for each restaurant at all? We've only done 2 three-nighters with them and my other half won't do Test Kitchen type food and can only eat certain dishes (won't touch fish, pork, lamb etc) from the restaurant menus.This means we have been put off booking longer cruises with VV as he will have to repeat. Also their Gallery (i.e. buffet) has very few options in the evening.

To my knowledge, the menus do not change. Have you spoken to the dining staff for additional alternatives for your partner? There are additional vegetarian and vegan options for all the dining venues. The Galley is lean in the evening because most folks head to the restaurants. 

47 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

To my knowledge, the menus do not change. Have you spoken to the dining staff for additional alternatives for your partner? There are additional vegetarian and vegan options for all the dining venues. The Galley is lean in the evening because most folks head to the restaurants. 

Nope. I think we Brits can be a bit reserved when it comes to expressing our dining requirements - if it's not on the menu then we don't tend to go off it! My partner won't do veggies either - it's chicken, beef  or cheese and hence we quickly run out of dishes 😀 

18 minutes ago, dides said:

Nope. I think we Brits can be a bit reserved when it comes to expressing our dining requirements - if it's not on the menu then we don't tend to go off it! My partner won't do veggies either - it's chicken, beef  or cheese and hence we quickly run out of dishes 😀 

Wow, that is a very small selection indeed. You'll run out of options quickly on any cruise line (or any resort for that matter) with someone who has such a limited set of choices. 

21 minutes ago, dides said:

My partner won't do veggies either - it's chicken, beef  or cheese and hence we quickly run out of dishes 😀 

Maybe the buffet would provide more variety for your partner.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Maybe the buffet would provide more variety for your partner.

Ahh that's the problem - we were talking about Virgin Voyages and their "buffet" or Galley was very limited in the evenings...I think they only had a burger available when we went. Hence Princess is a better line for us with the always available options, the buffet, Alfredos/Gigis, International Cafe and OceanNow.

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Coral said:

A comments or pictures of the new lasagna?

Wish I could have taken a picture from the table next to me on day 2. The lady had multiple food sensitivities, so she told us, and it was made special. I bet that slice of lasagna weighed a couple pounds. It appeared to be loaded with cheese but lightly sauced. 

15 hours ago, brisalta said:

No Volcano?? What will @Lucky TGO say?

It might still be available by request. I saw a review recently on here that recommended it and the person was able to order. Have no idea if it was on the menu or not. I think he just asked the waiter for it. I hope so because my hubby was looking forward to it in our first Princess cruise next month. 

5 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Enchanted. I think I’ve posted the the 10 day rotation now

Yes, and I just had the steak which wasn't really that good.

The minute steaks at the buffet are better.😁

On 2/28/2023 at 12:25 PM, caribill said:

Another difference: On Princess the waitstaff does not dance on top of the dining room tables.

They do dance on Carnival, but NOT on the dining tables. There are special platforms that a few of the waiters dance on. The others dance on the floor. Our teenage granddaughters loved that aspect of the dining experience, but we can see where others would find it annoying. However most of the other passengers seemed to enjoy it also and several joined in the dancing, with others taking photos of the FUN!

Edited by TexasBrit
spelling correction
  • Like 1