New dinner menu

Suite Susie

1 hour ago, TexasBrit said:

However most of the other passengers seemed to enjoy it also and several joined in the dancing, with others taking photos of the FUN!

Typical of Carnival cruisers. 

On 3/4/2023 at 8:47 PM, brisalta said:

No Volcano?? What will @Lucky TGO say?

That is what is now listed as Vanilla-Chocolate Banana Sundae.

Pictures of it make it appear smaller than the Volcano was, but with the same ingredients.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:55 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I heard the rum piña colada cold soup is really good but I have not been able to try it because it has dairy in it and I have allergies.

Princess Cruises Frozen Rum-Infused Piña Colada Soup

Piña colada soup recipe (5 Servings)

Ingredients:

• 1 1/3 lbs (or 2 1/2 cups) pineapple (keep some dice for garnish)
  • 1/2 cup sugar, granulated
  • 6 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 1/3  cup coconut milk
  • 3 oz coconut flakes
  • 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
  • 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
  • 2 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 5 pieces pineapple, for garnish  

With 1 tablespoon of rum in 5 servings, that means 1/5 of a tablespoon per serving. No wonder most people cannot taste the rum.

• Thanks 4

22 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Yes, and I just had the steak which wasn't really that good.

The minute steaks at the buffet are better.😁

Mrs BV ordered the strip loin last night. She finished it but it was tough as shoe leather. My specially prepared rockfish was excellent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, caribill said:

890202 001a 02.02.16 Dancing waiters dance on these DSC00966.jpg

You said they dance on the tables, I said no, on platforms. This looks like the platform to me. Does it look like a dining table to you?

Edited by TexasBrit
typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Princess Cruises Frozen Rum-Infused Piña Colada Soup

Piña colada soup recipe (5 Servings)

Ingredients:

• 1 1/3 lbs (or 2 1/2 cups) pineapple (keep some dice for garnish)
  • 1/2 cup sugar, granulated
  • 6 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 1/3  cup coconut milk
  • 3 oz coconut flakes
  • 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
  • 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
  • 2 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 5 pieces pineapple, for garnish  

With 1 tablespoon of rum in 5 servings, that means 1/5 of a tablespoon per serving. No wonder most people cannot taste the rum.

I wish they could leave out the yogurt and the sour cream because I would love to try that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Mrs BV ordered the strip loin last night. She finished it but it was tough as shoe leather. My specially prepared rockfish was excellent. 

I was being kind with my critique. 

2 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Judgemental?

Very much so.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexasBrit said:

You said they dance on the tables, I said no, on platforms. This looks like the platform to me. Does it look like a dining table to you?

My picture was posted to show you were correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2023 at 4:29 PM, Coral said:

A comments or pictures of the new lasagna?

Here is a photo from tonight. My very limited sample of tasters included reports of “good”, “delicious”, and “not as good as yours”. No one disliked it though and the portion was very reasonable. I thought it was fine. I’m not a huge fan of lasagna though 7494F837-5455-4E7C-987C-303DB9012118.thumb.jpeg.a79fbb8a6e561c539004712f1d2e1b42.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Here is a photo from tonight. My very limited sample of tasters included reports of “good”, “delicious”, and “not as good as yours”. No one disliked it though and the portion was very reasonable. I thought it was fine. I’m not a huge fan of lasagna though 7494F837-5455-4E7C-987C-303DB9012118.thumb.jpeg.a79fbb8a6e561c539004712f1d2e1b42.jpeg

Thank you. I appreciate your tasters for providing their opinions 🙂 Thank them for me!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Torfamm said:

This looks a little different than what we had. Ours had a white sauce on top, yours looks like cheese. I wasn't crazy about the white sauce but overall thought the lasagna was good.

Just returned from Ruby.  We had all the things, shrimp Cocktail, onion soup, etc.  Our waited said that because many complained they put them back on the menu.  He told us to put down what foods we want on the comment email because they do listen.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RNRcruisers said:

This looks a little different than what we had. Ours had a white sauce on top, yours looks like cheese. I wasn't crazy about the white sauce but overall thought the lasagna was good.

The white sauce is probably a bechamel which is how Mamas from Tuscany might make Lasagna. One of my Grandmas was from a small village near Naples and she used ricotta. Never made anything with a bechamel sauce. 

I would not be surprised if there are even more variations on this dish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, monakayk said:

I guess I've been out of the loop for awhile with Princess menus but I noticed on these new menus that they are charging for the lobster tails. So my question is do they ever serve lobster tails free anymore?

IIRC on our 2 cruises last year they served them on one of the formal nights just like they did in the past.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, monakayk said:

I guess I've been out of the loop for awhile with Princess menus but I noticed on these new menus that they are charging for the lobster tails. So my question is do they ever serve lobster tails free anymore?

Yes, lobster is still included on the menu on the second formal night. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 10:30 AM, Princessfan20 said:

Princess Love Boat Dream is not even close to what it use to be.  Had it on our last cruise and it is really lacking in many qualities now.  This is such a limited menu, especially for those of us who do 20 to 30 day cruises that it makes one wonder if their new pricing and cutbacks have reached the point where Oceana, Viking or Regent might be more worth it now.

Viking has always been worth it, imho. 

Almost the same menu we had last month, couple of minor changes.

That's what's nice about the medallion, we can look ahead and decide if we're going to the MDR or make other arrangements if we're blah about choices.  Never had a problem getting into crown or sabatini's on any day after speaking to the staff.  And we do a lot of upcharge dinners, chefs table, winemakers, tuscan, etc.  Then there's the good old buffet, which we thoroughly enjoyed on the Royal. 

Food venues are varied, food tastes are just as varied.  

• Like 1