I'm having lots of trouble here on our Edge cruise to the Southern Caribbean...

StillLooking4Adventure

Today I booked a snorkeling tour in Barbados through Celebrity.  The buses to and from were open air and playong loud music like YMCA and people were singing aong, how annoying 😤 

.when we got.to.the catamaran, they made us wait till AFTER snorkeling to serve rum punches. The.water wasn't  heated and I had to swim around to find the sea turtles.  I was exhausted.  Fortunately they did have rum punch, but they were served in PLASTIC cups! People kept rocking the boat with their dancing. 

Well I barely survived all this abuse.

20230228_154923.jpg

20230228_154444.jpg

Edited by StillLooking4Adventure
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Today I booked a snorkeling tour in Barbados through Celebrity.  The buses to and from were open air and playong loud music like YMCA and people were singing aong, how annoying 😤 

.when we got.to.the catamaran, they made us wait till AFTER snorkeling to serve rum punches. The.water wasn't  heated and I had to swim around to find the sea turtles.  I was exhausted.  Fortunately they did have rum punch, but they were served in PLASTIC cups! People kept rocking the boat with their dancing. 

Well I barely survived all this abuse.

20230228_154923.jpg

20230228_154444.jpg

StillLooking4Adventure you are killing me! 
😂🚢😂🚢😂🚢😂🚢😂🚢😂🚢😂🚢😂

Thanks for posting the most entertaining message board  installments I’ve ever read!!! 
           BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!

I wish you were going to be on my next trip….. I bet you are a fun person to cruise with!

Keep the reviews coming!!!
Love the group participation too! Awesome!👏

• Like 1

StillLooking4Adventure

I've been a member of this forum for a good number of years. I don't think I've ever seen a thread that had so many laughing and smiling emoji likes as on this one. Not only for your own posts but other people who have caught the humour(spelt the proper way😉)

Well done that man, you have brightened up everyone's day !

• Like 4

Thanks to those of you with the stamina to follow and add to this diatribe of complaints.  My mother always said not to keep things bottled up. 

So as I start another difficult day, we trudge on to plow through this 10 days of misery,  today in St. Lucia.  I had to open my blind and see this. Uh!

20230301_075007.jpg

• Haha 9

On 2/28/2023 at 9:07 AM, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I don't eat in the OV for dinner.  It's way too many floors up to make it at dinner time.  I wish they would be more sympathetic to those of us who are worn out by the end of the day and move the OV to a lower deck in the evening.  

I do go for lunch and there are way too many good choices of food. It makes it very difficult to make a decision 🤔. Darn them.

Please go to the OV for dinner and  document, with photos, all the empty food stations and limited offerings. 😉

It just isn't Celebrity cruise review if "Buffetgate" isn't included and complained about. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I would do that but my wife won't let me leave the Martini bar until 7pm showtime then its directly to dinner. 🍸🍸🍸

That is even better timing.

Go later after dinner and I am sure you will find evidence of closed stations and limited offerings.

"Buffetgate" must live on. Previous passengers have made it their mission to track down and document this crime against cruise ship dining. 🤪

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I would do that but my wife won't let me leave the Martini bar until 7pm showtime then its directly to dinner. 🍸🍸🍸

I’d be upset if they only let me drink THREE martinis.

• Thanks 1

Only on FB would someone actually complain about the gym equipment being too close together, along with the complainer saying she doesn’t even know the people next to her, like she does at her gym.  It is great to see and hear about real life on a cruise ship that is so much more realistic...great post! 

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, cruisin_123 said:

So sorry you are having such a rough time on your cruise 😜. We board in 2.5 weeks. I sure hope our experience is nothing (or everything) like yours!

We are also on this cruise ! We are packing today because we have to go on a Mex .Riviera cruise this Sat. With only a 3 day break in between before our flight to Fort Lauderdale!! It is very stressful having to wash and repack for the second cruise 🤣🤣

16 days 🛳🍸

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sorry, I have a complaint about your thread. I just can't keep it to myself.

I'm on my way to the poor house, spending the kids inheritance, and maxing out my credit cards because of your posts...please have mercy upon my household finances as I have found that I've booked a cruise for almost every month up to and including all that are available in 2025! Lisa called to personally thank me for my support!

I'm going to have to start my own chapter of Cruisers Anonymous! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Could anyone from this thread just imagine if all of us come together on the same cruise complaining like crazy absolutely about everything what a cruel cruise line might throw in our direction from all unexpected corners of a ship!  I, for example, cannot tolerate inferno (AKA Thermal suites, steam room, or sauna) after spending there at least a couple suffering brutal torturing miserly painful agonizing hell-like sweating hours each day (with multi entries on sea days).

• Haha 2

Love this post and replies! We’ll be on this cruise March 17th and can’t wait 😊

Could you please tell me which cruise nights are the chic nights? Trying to determine specialty dining reservations.

Thanks in advance! I hope things continue to disappoint in the same way😃 🍸🍸

3 hours ago, ksws64 said:

Love this post and replies! We’ll be on this cruise March 17th and can’t wait 😊

Could you please tell me which cruise nights are the chic nights? Trying to determine specialty dining reservations.

Thanks in advance! I hope things continue to disappoint in the same way😃 🍸🍸

On our cruise,  the first night at sea and the 9th (1st of the last two days at sea) were/will be, chic nights. I hope you have a strong backbone to endure all the hardships we have had to put up with when you go on your cruise. 

I also suggest you look at the Celebrity App and check the Celebrity Signature Entree's each night of the cruise to help you decide. Lobster will be the second chic night. 

Edited by StillLooking4Adventure
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, dlh015 said:

I'm going to have to start my own chapter of Cruisers Anonymous! 

Sign me up! I've got two under my belt for 2023 and five more on the books. I'm hoping 2024 is an even more addicted year...

Edited by tnm6217
  • Like 1

Today we were in St. Lucia. We took a fricken 6 hour tour of the Island. Now understand,  this was a CELEBRITY tour. So, therefore they are responsible for everything that occurs. 

First of all, we hit a traffic jam in downtown Castries. We were told that part of this was due to the Holland America Rotterdam being in port. Come on CELEBRITY,  how a out a little island exclusivity! 😕 I mean, can't they plan any better than this? Then we had to drive up these hairpin windee roads that kept going uphill. Couldn't they arrange for any better routes to the Pitons? We were forced to stop on the way up..to look at this waterfall and some people got wet!!!! Then they made us stop again to see this cocoa and coconut plantation.  Jeez, what next. Finally we get to the Pitons and they once again make us eat a creole lunch overlooking these so called "Pitons" tourist attraction.

Coming back to the ship they picked a route with more hairpin turns through the mountains...with hardly anything to see. Maybe I should have stayed on the ship.

☺️i,  production show with acrobatics and another dinner.

Well the good news news is only another 4 days of this nightmare to endure.  Im afraid to check tomorrow's schedule. 

20230301_090108.jpg

20230301_093351.jpg

20230301_092302.jpg

20230301_100115.jpg

20230301_103330.jpg

20230301_103517.jpg

20230301_110905.jpg

20230301_113243.jpg

20230301_115954.jpg

20230301_123626.jpg

20230301_123916.jpg

20230301_124057.jpg

20230301_125154.jpg

20230301_133810.jpg

20230301_133814.jpg

20230301_184257.jpg

20230301_191654.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I see that the skies in St. Lucia were mostly sunny while you were in port.  Is this due to the CCL 1/1/23 cut backs.  I have read from other passengers posts that the skies in St. Lucia were all sunny prior to 1/1/23.  Make sure to add that to the list of complaints on your comment card.  

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, OMW said:

I see that the skies in St. Lucia were mostly sunny while you were in port.  Is this due to the CCL 1/1/23 cut backs.  I have read from other passengers posts that the skies in St. Lucia were all sunny prior to 1/1/23.  Make sure to add that to the list of complaints on your comment card.  

Gosh.  The weather is all explained in post 637.  Don’t you read from the beginning like a normal person?  🙄

Edited by zitsky

Well today was Antigua.  More of this unseasonably warm weather in the 80's. I had to once again put on sun tan lotion and wear a hat. What s pain. A mini bus took us all over the Island and the guide spoke to us with some kind of accent. Can't they find any Muricans to guide? 🤔  Anyway,  she spent most of the time educating us about Antigua and being humorous at the same time. I guess no one can be serious anymore 🙄.

After seeing a number of historic sites with questionable viewpoints we took a catamaran to a beach and had lunch. Once again the beach was sandy and the water cold. Comon Celebrity!

We watched a pianist before dinner in the cosmopolitan.  Don't get me started about the food and selections. Can you believe they only had a choice od 10 starters and 9 main courses? Unbelievable.  

Oh well, St Maartenn here we come. Probably more hot weather. 😡

20230302_104211.jpg

20230302_110601.jpg

20230302_113145.jpg

20230302_125100.jpg

20230302_130528.jpg

20230302_134404.jpg

20230302_153936.jpg

20230302_155110.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Well today was Antigua.  More of this unseasonably warm weather in the 80's. I had to once again put on sun tan lotion and wear a hat. What s pain. A mini bus took us all over the Island and the guide spoke to us with some kind of accent. Can't they find any Muricans to guide? 🤔  Anyway,  she spent most of the time educating us about Antigua and being humorous at the same time. I guess no one can be serious anymore 🙄.

After seeing a number of historic sites with questionable viewpoints we took a catamaran to a beach and had lunch. Once again the beach was sandy and the water cold. Comon Celebrity!

We watched a pianist before dinner in the cosmopolitan.  Don't get me started about the food and selections. Can you believe they only had a choice od 10 starters and 9 main courses? Unbelievable.  

Oh well, St Maartenn here we come. Probably more hot weather. 😡

20230302_104211.jpg

20230302_110601.jpg

20230302_113145.jpg

20230302_125100.jpg

20230302_130528.jpg

20230302_134404.jpg

20230302_153936.jpg

20230302_155110.jpg

I see in the video that they did not have a safety railing to ruin the view and keep stupid people safe. X should do something about that! I mean, at least a 6 ft fence! No, make it 10' so no one can climb over, oh, and don't have any kind of ledge where someone could sit and fall off. I can't believe X would take you to these 3rd world counties where someone could get hurt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Well today was Antigua.  More of this unseasonably warm weather in the 80's. I had to once again put on sun tan lotion and wear a hat. What s pain.

I feel your pain.

I live in Florida so I expect to have different temperatures when I cruise (cool ocean breezes and cool shady areas on shore).

I mean, make sure the temperatures are at least sweatshirt temperatures; i.e.; around  75 F.