Cafe Select Coffee Card questions

So I've seen these blogs and still have some questions

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/06/24/guide-royal-caribbeans-coffee-card-package

https://eatsleepcruise.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-royal-caribbean-cafe-select-coffee-card/

• Do the coffee cards ever go on sale from their base price of $31?
  • It sounds like it's better to buy the card onboard versus the RCCL site, since I could get the punch card sooner.
  • Do the cafés have lactose-free milk available because I'm a fancy hot chocolate drinker?
  • Has anyone compiled a list of which ships do one punch versus two?
  • Does a double punch for a large also apply to a non-espresso drink, like iced coffee and hot chocolate?

I don’t believe they go on sale. And you wouldn’t get it sooner? You just go to promenade and ask for it when you get on. They check who prepurchased and give it to you then. Yes dairy free milk is included. Just got off the wonder last week and iced coffee was automatically 2 punches

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bateau_de_croisiere said:

It sounds like it's better to buy the card onboard versus the RCCL site, since I could get the punch card sooner.

Only buy the card after you ask on board how many punches per whatever you drink - the savings from the card are only meaningful if you get single punch drinks.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

You cannot use the Royal card on Celebrity cruises

I have used a card for  the last 10+ years.  I can tell youi that there is no list of which ship use one punch and which uses two.  It all depends on the crew.  I have had some crew members use one punch for a large and some use two punches all in the same day.  I honestly believe that if they kjnow you and you leave them a tip, they start using one punch on larges.

I have never seen cards deviate from the $31.00 price in the last few years.  My card has always been in my cabin when I boarded.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Havin'fun said:

You cannot use the Royal card on Celebrity cruises

I have used a card for  the last 10+ years.  I can tell youi that there is no list of which ship use one punch and which uses two.  It all depends on the crew.  I have had some crew members use one punch for a large and some use two punches all in the same day.  I honestly believe that if they kjnow you and you leave them a tip, they start using one punch on larges.

I have never seen cards deviate from the $31.00 price in the last few years.  My card has always been in my cabin when I boarded.

We are  going on Wonder in October and purchased the coffee card. Still the same price when we went on the Brilliance for the Mediterrean in 2017. I remember Princess had the same price for their coffee card as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2023 at 3:25 PM, baileymouse said:

The coffee card is one of my absolute favorite things. There's no rhyme or reason to the punch system, though. On Anthem they only punched once for large, whereas on Liberty they punched twice. 

In my experience on the Anthem, they always punched twice for cold, twice for any other size but regular.

We've used it 3 times on Liberty, Oasis and Navigator.  Never had an issue using it right away as we just went to Cafe Promenade and our stateroom was on the list.

From what I remember......For all of them, a small was 1 punch, otherwise 2.  Ice drinks were 2 since they go in the bigger cup.  Double shot was 2 punches.

On Navigator, they had soy milk and almond milk as options.  I think on Oasis and Liberty they just had soy.

The card doesn't work for the Frappuccino's. 

We quite like the coffee card and got good use of it.

• 5 months later...