Humphry Slocombe

shepherd really

28 minutes ago, LSuzQ said:

Please elaborate on Secret Breakfast. Bourbon good, but what are the other ingredients?

Mainly bourbon and cornflakes (in a cookie-ish form so they stay crisp), in a vanilla ice cream base.

• Like 1

I greatly enjoyed the HS ice cream offerings on Regatta and Insignia in 2023. My (personal) favorites were Regatta Royale, Meyer Lemon, Coffee (Costa Rican), and Chocolate Grenadine.

When those flavors were offered, I had two scoops at lunch and the following day two scoops at the ice cream center near Waves Grill.  I look forward to enjoying all the HS flavors on two upcoming cruises. Oceania do not mess with the HS ice cream!

Joel Barry

My opinion as an ice cream lover and aficionado: HS is a better quality ice cream than the standard offering, however some of the flavors are strange. So when they offer a good HS flavor, I eat as much as I can, and I don’t eat the standard Oceania ice cream at all. 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2024 at 11:47 PM, JYDCruise said:

AND BACON?!?!?  Be still, my beating heart! Well, that saying could become literal with enough ice cream . . .

best answer! I will be trying it though. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 8:41 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Hate to say it but have lived in the SF Bay Area for almost 50 years and had never heard of it before reading about it here.    I did find they have one shop in the Mission District and another At Fisherman's Wharf. 

We have a second home in San Francisco on Russian Hill about 1block from the Original Swensen's Ice Cream (opened in 1948).    Fantastic and often stop by for a cone when one a walk.

I did find they have one shop in the Mission District and another At Fisherman's Wharf (close to Russian Hill) and would not go out of my way to try them.

Local Kitchens in Cupertino on Stevens Creek carries Humphrey Slocumbe.

I’ve only been aboard two (2) days at lunch time on this cruise so probably not a good source but, witness ice cream/ milk shake/ malt line here on Riveria stretching to 45 minutes. People complain their food is cold before they get back with their shakes/malts, or if they stand in that line so long, it’s finished before they get their Wave meal delivered! 

1. The product is obviously very good ;

2. You should see the line!! 😳 No way I’m standing in it for anything! 🙄

• Haha 2

You're on vacation or holiday - you like a flavor or you don't, life is to short, enjoy what you like and leave the rest for someone that enjoys what you don't.

I wonder once one gets off the ship how long you wait for a blood test that was scheduled the week you got home----after all you don't want your doctor to know how your eat and dessert while away😂😜do you?

There was a lavender one I liked and one with bourbon in it that sounded intriguing, but I can't remember if I had it or not. Quality was very good -- equivalent to O's. My favorite O flavor (that rarely appears), is a mocha-sea salt caramel one. SO delicious to me.