Humphry Slocombe

shepherd really

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Where is the HS ice cream offered onboard?

One different flavor is offered each day (among the other flavors) in the Terrace and the ice cream stand by Waves grill. 

I tried a bunch of different flavors. I like the Elvis Fat Years and the Meyer Lemon. Somehow I never got to try the Regatta Royale. Some others I didn't care for, not sure the names. I really like ice cream and different flavors. On one Med trip with a lot of Italy ports I had to try a different flavor of gelato in every port. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2023 at 8:14 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Terrace Cafe.   We had the ELVIS...THE FAT YEARS.   WAS SO-SO

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 8:14 PM, cruisemom42 said:

The ice cream stand by Waves Grill, the Main Dining Room and, I think, Terrace Cafe.  There’s usually one HS flavor each day.  Also usually a sugar free ice cream and a sugar free sorbet (mango is the best!).  As someone else said, there’s something for everyone.

On 3/8/2023 at 10:04 AM, chloemonkey said:

Today on Riviera is Sweet Corn.  I passed….

You missed out.  It is fantastic.  I looked forward to when it was available..  

• Like 4

On 3/1/2023 at 6:48 AM, shepherd really said:

I tried several flavors, none impressed me.  Does anyone else think this was a big food fail for the "Finest cuisine at Sea".

It really didn't strike me as the finest ice cream in the local supermarket freezer.

I think the descriptions are better than the product. For me, if they served Tillamook ice cream, I'd be fine with that.

• Like 6

We all have different likes and dislikes, and tastes. As I recall HS is a gourmet ice cream from San Francisco and it “ain’t” cheap. Saw it in our local market, only $8 a pint. Actually we try them all and let our taste buds decide and we have our favorites   I guess I will do more taste testing in May when we get back aboard Vista. I think there are about a dozen different flavors and they are made fresh daily with the new offering in the TC and yesterdays available in Waves.  
The one thing you won’t find on a ship that serves the “Finest Cuisine at Sea” is soft serve ice cream 😇

Just focus on enjoying your cruise and taste everything you can and have a fabulous trip. 
Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

For those unaware, HS is one of perhaps a half dozen ice cream options presented each day along with 2-3 standard flavored ice cream selections, a sugar-free ice cream option, and a dairy-free or sorbet offering. Each of the selections changes regularly. So, if HS is too offbeat for you, there are many other options.

• Like 5

On 3/13/2023 at 9:01 PM, CruiseLibra said:

For those unaware, HS is one of perhaps a half dozen ice cream options presented each day along with 2-3 standard flavored ice cream selections, a sugar-free ice cream option, and a dairy-free or sorbet offering. Each of the selections changes regularly. So, if HS is too offbeat for you, there are many other options.

We tried the HS a few times. The name was far better than the taste. Overall, we found it to be rather bland. The cruise line, I think make very nice ice creams

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, JDincalif said:

Just for smiles - this old menu suggests that Oceania was experimenting with sorbet flavors that even Humphrey Slocombe hasn't dreamed of 😱

PXL_20230524_174333308.thumb.jpg.856a2dcec98d6e28ec4c043653241b4c.jpg

I am very brave, but that is a step too far for me! HAHA!

• Haha 7

Overall, I found the quality of the HS ice cream to be superior to the "regular" Oceania offerings. But not all the flavors of the HS brand appealed to me. I would only have it if I truly thought I would enjoy the flavor, otherwise, I didn't eat ice cream. I went into the Terrace and had some desserts there.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...