Humphry Slocombe

shepherd really

On 6/25/2023 at 12:19 PM, cruisemom42 said:

How was it? That's one I've been wanting to try.

It was excellent.  Some of the flavors on this cruise are different than what we had in December.  If the HS flavor has leftovers, it shows up at Waves Grill the next day.

• Like 1

The chocolate with orange peel was good, don’t recall the name.  Apple miso was not. Missed fat Elvis, sadly.  Jam and toast was ok.  Blood orange sorbet wasn’t super bloody but was tasty with chocolate shavings.

Dear Ice Cream Lovers:

We just finished our second cruise with HS ice cream (19 days on Insignia).  My favorites were Regatta Royale, Meyer Lemon and Pound Cake, Chocolate Gardine, Coffee, Black Sessame, and Summer Corn.  Coffee was a new flavor since our trip in November. Several others were O.K. but not special. The non-HS "Tutti Fruiti and Raspberry were very good.

Joel Barry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear Ice Cream Lovers:

We just finished our second cruise with HS ice cream (19 days on Insignia).  My favorites were Regatta Royale, Meyer Lemon and Pound Cake, Chocolate Gardine, Coffee, Black Sessame, and Summer Corn.  Coffee was a new flavor since our trip in November. Several others were O.K. but not special. The non-HS "Tutti Fruiti and Raspberry were very good.

Joel Barry

Thanks -- a day without good ice cream is almost as bad as a day without a cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

I cannot  wait to try the HS ice cream

lots of yummy choices

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

I cannot  wait to try the HS ice cream

lots of yummy choices

I see us running between the new bakery and the ice cream area trying everything!!   We will need to make a few laps around the jogging track between to use up a few of the calories!

Just now, basor said:

I see us running between the new bakery and the ice cream area trying everything!!   We will need to make a few laps around the jogging track between to use up a few of the calories!

Will see who gets the donuts first LOL

Probably not me  as I am not a morning person 🛌

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Will see who gets the donuts first LOL

Probably not me  as I am not a morning person 🛌

Oh this is going to be easy - I am headed for the almond croissants and will happily leave the doughnuts for you!!

• Haha 2

• 6 months later...
On 3/1/2023 at 9:44 AM, bradpole said:

I disagree, 

like anything else, there are flavors I do not enjoy, but there are some I look forward to!  
some of my favorites are the corn flavored one, Elvis the fat years, Harvey Milk and cookies, Regatta Royale, and the lavender flavored one.  Personally I think it was a nice addition to regular flavors they offer.  

Those sound great! And SO San Francisco 🙂

20 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

Is Humphrey Slocum still the ice cream of Oceania

Very rich history 

As of my January cruise on Insignia it was still available. They generally offer 1 flavor per day, available in the Terrace Cafe and Waves and also often on the GDR menu. Sometimes one of the three places will have a different flavor, generally the one from the day before.

I thought the quality was good. Particular favorites were Meyer Lemon, After School Special, and Vietnamese Coffee. Elvis the Fat Years was up there. I wasn't a big fan of Secret Breakfast. I don't like a strong alcohol taste in my ice cream....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

As of my January cruise on Insignia it was still available. They generally offer 1 flavor per day, available in the Terrace Cafe and Waves and also often on the GDR menu. Sometimes one of the three places will have a different flavor, generally the one from the day before.

I thought the quality was good. Particular favorites were Meyer Lemon, After School Special, and Vietnamese Coffee. Elvis the Fat Years was up there. I wasn't a big fan of Secret Breakfast. I don't like a strong alcohol taste in my ice cream....

Every time I see this flavor, I wish they would name one Ho Chi Mint City,

• Haha 2

Vietnamese coffee was my Slocombe favorite.  Some flavors are good. Some are strange.  Vanilla is always available.  Yummy! Ice cream on Oceania is good.  Other Desserts ? Cakes tarts, and cookies on Oceania aren’t my thing.  There was an apple tart one night at dinner in GDR that was outstanding. Best pastry is in the Bakery.  Eclair is amazing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Redtravel said:

Yummy! Ice cream on Oceania is good.  Other Desserts ?  

Souffles?  I rarely have any desserts other than a souffle or -- if I don't like the daily offering -- ice cream. 

I have had the Key Lime pie a time or two.

The cookies are not worth the calories. I save mine for the croissants.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Souffles?  I rarely have any desserts other than a souffle or -- if I don't like the daily offering -- ice cream. 

I have had the Key Lime pie a time or two.

The cookies are not worth the calories. I save mine for the croissants.

Love the croissants. Had one every morning. Breakfast pastry is good. Desserts aren’t my thing. I love cookies. Oceania needs better recipes for cookies.  My favorite cookies are Girl Scout thin mints.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Love the croissants. Had one every morning. Breakfast pastry is good. Desserts aren’t my thing. I love cookies. Oceania needs better recipes for cookies.  My favorite cookies are Girl Scout thin mints.  

Agreed i can eat an entire box of Girl Scout thin mints soon after opening