MSC CEO Address?

compman9

I hope someone can help with this.

DW and I were on a cruise on the Opera in January. We had an issue that we immediately reported to Guest Services, who failed to deal with it. I attempted to discuss the issue with Customer Services after the cruise was complete, but they have not replied. Despite their promise to do so within 28 days. 

I am hoping someone has the email address of the CEO. I would like to try there first before I move in to ABTA

Many thanks

1 hour ago, compman9 said:

DW and I were on a cruise on the Opera in January. We had an issue that we immediately reported to Guest Services, who failed to deal with it. I attempted to discuss the issue with Customer Services after the cruise was complete, but they have not replied. Despite their promise to do so within 28 days. 

I am hoping someone has the email address of the CEO. I would like to try there first before I move in to ABTA

Many thanks

The CEO is Gianni Onorato, I would assume his email address is:

gianni.onorato@msccruises.com

I was able to find this which would be the US Contact..

Chief Executive
Richard Sasso
Chairman, MSC Cruises USA
6750 N. Andrews Avenue
Suite 100
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309
richard.sasso@msccruisesusa.com

Edited by KSSS2013

8 hours ago, KSSS2013 said:

The CEO is Gianni Onorato, I would assume his email address is:

gianni.onorato@msccruises.com

I was able to find this which would be the US Contact..

Chief Executive
Richard Sasso
Chairman, MSC Cruises USA
6750 N. Andrews Avenue
Suite 100
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309
richard.sasso@msccruisesusa.com

Many thanks

On 3/1/2023 at 3:14 PM, compman9 said:

Many thanks

As you are from the UK you may want to try Antonio.Paradiso@msccruises.co.uk. Antonio is the managing director of the UK office, we've met him a couple of times on Virtuosa (where he regularly sails incognito) and he always seems very open to genuine problems.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kernow said:

As you are from the UK you may want to try Antonio.Paradiso@msccruises.co.uk. Antonio is the managing director of the UK office, we've met him a couple of times on Virtuosa (where he regularly sails incognito) and he always seems very open to genuine problems.

Many thanks. I sent my letter off to Mr Onorato over a week ago, and have not received a reply, soI have now sent it to Mr Paradiso

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I was on the MSC Opera on a 21-day cruise to Dubai in November.  My luggage was missing upon disembarkation.  It turned out that an American passenger took my luggage by mistake but she returned it to the cruise line later that same day.  I filed a missing luggage report with MSC on the spot and the with www.Chargeback.com upon my return to Canada.  We phoned and emailed several people (including Gianni Onorato, CEO) since then but no answer.  Six of us were booked on a cruise to the Canary Islands this coming fall but cancelled for obvious reasons.  I guess I can kiss goodbye to my suitcase.  We will never cruise with MSC Cruises in the future.

40 minutes ago, intko said:

I was on the MSC Opera on a 21-day cruise to Dubai in November.  My luggage was missing upon disembarkation.  It turned out that an American passenger took my luggage by mistake but she returned it to the cruise line later that same day.  I filed a missing luggage report with MSC on the spot and the with www.Chargeback.com upon my return to Canada.  We phoned and emailed several people (including Gianni Onorato, CEO) since then but no answer.  Six of us were booked on a cruise to the Canary Islands this coming fall but cancelled for obvious reasons.  I guess I can kiss goodbye to my suitcase.  We will never cruise with MSC Cruises in the future.

Can I ask how you know an American woman took your suitcase and then returned it to the cruise terminal if you never heard anything back from MSC?

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

I took a picture of the luggage tag on the lone remaining suitcase in Zone 31 after disembarkation.  I phoned her in Happy Valley, OR upon returning home and she told me that she took the luggage by mistake.  This is how I know that she returned the suitcase to MSC Opera the same evening.  She was scolded by the staff and they even photocopied her passport.  She also called MSC USA to help us get the luggage back but no luck.

39 minutes ago, intko said:

I took a picture of the luggage tag on the lone remaining suitcase in Zone 31 after disembarkation.  I phoned her in Happy Valley, OR upon returning home and she told me that she took the luggage by mistake.  This is how I know that she returned the suitcase to MSC Opera the same evening.  She was scolded by the staff and they even photocopied her passport.  She also called MSC USA to help us get the luggage back but no luck.

Was she able to get her luggage back when she dropped yours back off?

14 hours ago, intko said:

That would make an insurance claim a piece of cake then. New luggage, new everything.

• Like 1

That's what I thought.  However, the insurance company wants receipts for everything that I want to claim.  How can I produce a receipt for a 3-year old suitcase, 4-year old suit ... etc?  Insurance is a big scam.  

4 hours ago, intko said:

That's what I thought.  However, the insurance company wants receipts for everything that I want to claim.  How can I produce a receipt for a 3-year old suitcase, 4-year old suit ... etc?  Insurance is a big scam.  

I actually have copies of everything going back several years. But I also buy higher end clothing.

4 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

But I go back to, HOW is this the cruiseline's fault?  Someone else grabbed your bag. The cruise lines at port of call do not check luggage - it's a grab & go madness.  

while I find awkward for people willing to escalate to a CEO for whatever issue, in this case cruise line it’s obviously not at fault for another passenger to take someone else luggage. 

but cruise line is at fault if, after collecting back the luggage, failed to deliver it back to the owner. 

• Like 1

The cruise line does have my luggage and all my information including address, phone number and email address.  They could have at least email me saying that the luggage is available for pick at a certain address. This way I could send a courier and get the suitcase brought back to Canada on my own dime.

• Like 1