How to cancel a cruise?

HardyVA

I have been trying to cancel my upcoming cruise.  I have tried by phone several times today and keep getting a recording saying there’s a minimum of 30 minute wait.  Is there a way to cancel on line?  I booked on line.  

If you have a booking directly with Celebrity you should be able to cancel on-line, unless they have changed.   If I recall you can select the cruise and then go to change and I believe there use to be an option to change.   If not call in and wait 30 minutes.

If you booked with a Travel Agent they you will have to call them to cancel.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Log into your account, manage reservation, pay balance. You should see a link on that page to cancel your cruise.

Thanks... I was pretty sure I had done that before but couldn't remember.  

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Log into your account, manage reservation, pay balance. You should see a link on that page to cancel your cruise.

I tried that. The cancel “button” is there but it doesn’t do anything?  
   I’ve spent hours on hold today.  I’ll try again early in the morning.  I have to cancel by 3/5.

Does anyone here have the Captains Club phone number?  

7 hours ago, HardyVA said:

I tried that. The cancel “button” is there but it doesn’t do anything?  
   I’ve spent hours on hold today.  I’ll try again early in the morning.  I have to cancel by 3/5.

Well here is my trick...when you call... go to make a new reservation they are the same people but they answer much faster. I no longer ever book direct love my Travel Agent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HardyVA said:

Try this:

Captain's Club Assistance and Inquiries 1-844-418-6824, 1-800-760-0654    

Captain's Club Email Address

CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

or cec@celebrity.com

Edited by Oceangoer2

If you booked using a TA they will have to do it.

If you booked thru Celebrity talk to them.   They may be able to transfer the cruise or something else without losing much money. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I didn’t use a TA. I booked online on the Celebrity site.  I tried every number I had at about 1am and the recording stiff said there was a 30 minute wait. 
   I called again early this morning from both phones and had them on speaker phone while I did a few things.  Finally after a 45 minute wait I spoke to someone and was able to cancel and will be getting my deposit back.  
  Thanks for your advice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HardyVA said:

I didn’t use a TA. I booked online on the Celebrity site.  I tried every number I had at about 1am and the recording stiff said there was a 30 minute wait. 
   I called again early this morning from both phones and had them on speaker phone while I did a few things.  Finally after a 45 minute wait I spoke to someone and was able to cancel and will be getting my deposit back.  
  Thanks for your advice.

Good to hear.    When I'm faced with a long wait time I usually put a single ear bud in my left ear and continue watching the morning news.     I have it at a low enough volume that it doesn't bother me but can hear when they connect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HardyVA said:

Thanks for your advice.

Great to hear.   I have found that it always helps to talk to someone.   Sometimes they offer better solutions than just pressing a button on line.  

I am sure that you weren’t happy about the long time being on hold but in the end it was worth the 45 minutes.   ‘

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2023 at 4:36 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

There is no such link any more. Have to call or chat. 

2 hours ago, tc-cruise said:

There is no such link any more. Have to call or chat. 

This is incorrect.  The link is there as an option.  Go to cruise planner, manage my reservation and scroll down and on the left screen side, under special occasion the option says "change your mind?" cancel reservation

• Like 2

On 4/11/2024 at 4:46 PM, Liao said:

This is incorrect.  The link is there as an option.  Go to cruise planner, manage my reservation and scroll down and on the left screen side, under special occasion the option says "change your mind?" cancel reservation

There is no such an option. Wonder if you tried recently. 

19 minutes ago, tc-cruise said:

There is no such an option. Wonder if you tried recently. 

I checked this out this morning. I can cancel using the link so it's there. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I checked this out this morning. I can cancel using the link so it's there. 

Really? Under special occasion? I only saw the options of adding a birthday, anniversary etc. 

I use Chrome. Maybe I should try a different browser?

Also, I haven't fully paid the fare yet. Just the deposit but it's refundable fare. Does that make the difference?

Edited by tc-cruise

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, tc-cruise said:

Really? Under special occasion? I only saw the options of adding a birthday, anniversary etc. 

I use Chrome. Maybe I should try a different browser?

Also, I haven't fully paid the fare yet. Just the deposit but it's refundable fare. Does that make the difference?

Right here

IMG_1361.jpeg

Edited by Pushka

20 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Right here

IMG_1361.jpeg

I just don't have that one. Period. Everything else is the same. I tried different browsers as well. Mobile and desktop. Nothing. Nothing new either as IT always sucks. 

6 hours ago, tc-cruise said:

I just don't have that one. Period. Everything else is the same. I tried different browsers as well. Mobile and desktop. Nothing. Nothing new either as IT always sucks. 

It may be your location?  The option shows on my screen as shown in the post.  I'd hesitate to use it....would rather call and cancel to ensure it actually happens, knowing the X IT system problems.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, tc-cruise said:

Did you try to clear cookies for Celebrity?  Or if you use a TA, perhaps that option is blocked?

Edited by Oceangoer2