Last night on the cruise

Honestly, we are usually starting to get homesick by that point so while my wife and I always go to the MDR on the last night, we don't really get emotional about leaving the cruise.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

How many of you get emotional. on the last night in the MDR when they start singing the song about our bags

are packed, your leaving our fun ship, hope to see you back again? I know I start to miss it.

Every time.

Especially since Covid and we didn't know if we would be back again.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=carnival+leaving+on+a+fun+ship+you+tube&view=detail&mid=064D3B57247AFBAB8B23064D3B57247AFBAB8B23&FORM=VIRE

Edited by maryann2
  • Like 1

I go both ways, on one hand I'm ready to get back to my dog and my bed etc....but on the other hand I am not ready to get back to cleaning, cooking and driving carpool etc....so its always bittersweet for me....I do find myself that first day home still looking for that pool waiter with my Miami Vice LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first cruise back after covid, I definitely was emotional.  There was so much anticipation that led up to it, on embarkation morning, in the port I was on my balcony sobbing lol.

I'm not really the "ready to get home" type, but now it's not nearly as bad.  We're usually a few cruises booked out these days, so I just start looking forward to the next one.

• Like 1

The last night gives me anxiety - not because the cruise is over, but because of anticipation of the next morning’s hell. 

Let’s reminisce. Wake up at dark-thirty. Join a very packed lido buffet, where there are no available tables and everyone is sad or tense. Head to the lounge, theatre, or where ever you’re supposed to wait for your time to disembark. But you can’t get in because hundreds of people parked their butts at the door with their huge carry-ons. You’re waiting what seems like an eternity for your number to be called, only to realize there’s no announcements that can be heard where you’re sitting. So you’re forced to squeeze by the same crowded door so you can hear through the hall. Then you get the call to exit… and join the long winding parade to get off the ship. Lines of people coming from every angle, seemingly cutting the line in front of you.  Fun squad staff yelling for everyone to have their sign & sail cards out. Your toes run over by someone pushing wheelie luggage in a zig-zag motion. Get to the final gangway and the large family in front of you now frantically looking through all their baggage for their sign & sail cards. Then the hassle of finding your luggage in the terminal, and waiting in the long winding line to get through customs & immigration. Upon exiting the building, you’re looking for a clue of where to catch the airport shuttle.  But everything is obscured by thousands of people. Half debarking and waiting to rides. And the other half are embarking the next cruise, but loitering around 2 hours earlier than their 10:30 arrival time. Then there’s all the fun at the airport.

So yeah, that cheesy John Denver parody on the last night in the MDR does bring tears to my eyes. LOL

But we do it over and over so I guess it’s worth it.

Edited by crooooze
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, crooooze said:

The last night gives me anxiety - not because the cruise is over, but because of anticipation of the next morning’s hell. 

Let’s reminisce. Wake up at dark-thirty. Join a very packed lido buffet, where there are no available tables and everyone is sad or tense. Head to the lounge, theatre, or where ever you’re supposed to wait for your time to disembark. But you can’t get in because hundreds of people parked their butts at the door with their huge carry-ons. You’re waiting what seems like an eternity for your number to be called, only to realize there’s no announcements that can be heard where you’re sitting. So you’re forced to squeeze by the same crowded door so you can hear through the hall. Then you get the call to exit… and join the long winding parade to get off the ship. Lines of people coming from every angle, seemingly cutting the line in front of you.  Fun squad staff yelling for everyone to have their sign & sail cards out. Your toes run over by someone pushing wheelie luggage in a zig-zag motion. Get to the final gangway and the large family in front of you now frantically looking through all their baggage for their sign & sail cards. Then the hassle of finding your luggage in the terminal, and waiting in the long winding line to get through customs & immigration. Upon exiting the building, you’re looking for a clue of where to catch the airport shuttle.  But everything is obscured by thousands of people. Half debarking and waiting to rides. And the other half are embarking the next cruise, but loitering around 2 hours earlier than their 10:30 arrival time. Then there’s all the fun at the airport.

So yeah, that cheesy John Denver parody on the last night in the MDR does bring tears to my eyes. LOL

But we do it over and over so I guess it’s worth it.

Or in our case...

Spend the last evening as though it's any other evening. Don't bother putting luggage outside our cabin door. Get back to the cabin around midnight after some late-night pizza and spend about 30 minutes packing our two roll-on bags. Get a good night's sleep and wake up around 8am. Take quick showers, throw the rest of our stuff in our bags, skip the Lido breakfast, and disembark with our bags at our leisure. Walk to the parking garage, collect our car, and head to the nearest Cracker Barrel for an actual decent breakfast, then drive one to three hours (depending on the port) and be home by lunch. 

And typically, have dinner at one of our favorite beachfront restaurants just to prolong the vacation feeling before having to think about work on Monday.

Yet another reason we moved to Florida. 

Edited by SRQbeachgirl
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Or in our case...

Spend the last evening as though it's any other evening. Don't bother putting luggage outside our cabin door. Get back to the cabin around midnight after some late-night pizza and spend about 30 minutes packing our two roll-on bags. Get a good night's sleep and wake up around 8am. Take quick showers, throw the rest of our stuff in our bags, skip the Lido breakfast, and disembark with our bags at our leisure. Walk to the parking garage, collect our car, and head to the nearest Cracker Barrel for an actual decent breakfast, then drive one to three hours (depending on the port) and be home by lunch. 

And typically, have dinner at one of our favorite beachfront restaurants just to prolong the vacation feeling before having to think about work on Monday.

Yet another reason we moved to Florida. 

Ha! I have some things to learn.

• Haha 1