MUTS question.

NoelleC

5 hours ago, NoelleC said:

Just not wanting to be walking to get ice cream with the kids and have 25 foot tall naked people, etc. 😵

Definitely not see that.

Not sure how much language is edited out.

Now walking past passengers wearing Speedos is a different matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, NoelleC said:

Just not wanting to be walking to get ice cream with the kids and have 25 foot tall naked people, etc. 😵

What on earth would possess anyone to imagine a luxury cruise line would play movies with full frontal nudity on the main  pool deck?!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NoelleC said:

We are cruising soon with our kids and want to know if they filter the MUTS movies for language, etc to make them family friendly like on airplanes? 

Hi NoelleC and welcome to cruise critic.

Like so much of the internet these days you’ll sometimes have to wade thru a few jokester comments to get to the answers you were seeking.

I can’t recall ever seeing movies playing on MUTS that was not pretty family friendly so I wouldn’t worry too much. I will say sometimes the audio level is too high for my liking when passing thru the area. Other times not so much. And yes sometimes you can not unsee the sights at the pools but not in an obscene way though. Lol. 

If it will make feel more assured take a look at some of the ongoing or recently ended “Live from ship X” threads on the Princess boards. They usually contain copies of the days Princess patter showing all activities onboard that day including the movies showing throughout the day and evening. That will give you a better idea of the movies playing. I’m sure the recent Emerald and Island Princes ones had them in it. 
I don’t think you will have to worry about that though. Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just make sure to keep the kids on the ship when you get to most ports.  Nudity, and overhearing bad language, is relatively common in many ports.  There are even some popular Caribbean beaches where complete nudity is acceptable.  And topless sunbathing is quite common throughout many ports in the Med.   Speaking of language, my 3 year old grandson can teach me words I have never heard!  Ever heard of school?

Hank

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CapnCrews said:

What on earth would possess anyone to imagine a luxury cruise line would play movies with full frontal nudity on the main  pool deck?!

Princess Patter

refreshing morning

10:00-12:00 Movie: Caligula

Movies Under the Stars, Deck 16 Midship

relaxing afternoon

12:00-2:00 Movie: Midnight Cowboy

2:00-3:30  Medallion Swap Party  Toss your Medallion into a bowl.  Pairs of Medallions will then be drawn and the randomly chosen couples can then head to banquets in the Vista Lounge to indulge their wildest fantasies.  Meet in Princess Live!, Deck 7 Midship

4:00-5:00  Pickle Ball Tournament   Play "Pickle Ball" in a way you never have before!  Center Court, Deck 18 Aft     

• Haha 11

30 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

What Princess displays on their MUTS screen is no more descriptive than what some school systems have as instructional books these days. 

I presume you mean sex education.

So you were one of the gigglers, were you?

21 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Princess Patter

refreshing morning

relaxing afternoon

2:00-3:30  Medallion Swap Party  Toss your Medallion into a bowl.  Pairs of Medallions will then be drawn and the randomly chosen couples can then head to banquets in the Vista Lounge to indulge their wildest fantasies.  Meet in Princess Live!, Deck 7 Midship

4:00-5:00  Pickle Ball Tournament   Play "Pickle Ball" in a way you never have before!  Center Court, Deck 18 Aft     

Now if you'd said "Caligula:  The Director's Cut" I might have batted an eye.

The general release version of Caligula is like watching a PBS documentary.

Midnight Cowboy doesn't have anything that a movie on HBO doesn't have that you leave running on your home TV 24/7. 

If you block your kids from entering the livingroom because someone's butt is showing, then I'd say yeah.  I agree.

You shouldn't bring your kids on a cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Princess Patter

'Will there be separate bowls based on Captain's Circle level?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, NoelleC said:

We are cruising soon with our kids and want to know if they filter the MUTS movies for language, etc to make them family friendly like on airplanes? 

Language is NOT edited out. Bohemian Rhapsody is an example, they play it in the afternoons, and it's a PG-13 from the MPAA.  

• Thanks 1

responses in this thread crack me up.

having said that, the movie selections are pretty family friendly.  Some PG-13 with some occasional language mixed but nothing egregious by most people's standards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Language is NOT edited out. Bohemian Rhapsody is an example, they play it in the afternoons, and it's a PG-13 from the MPAA.  

So what's wrong with that? I'm sure they've seen more explicitly on the internet at home.

Just now, startedwithamouse said:

And thankful they have teaching in school.

Teaching at school is fine but it's the age I'm objecting to.

Thankfully I don't have a dog in that fight. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

So what's wrong with that? I'm sure they've seen more explicitly on the internet at home.

I'm answering the poster's question with a fact.  

"We are cruising soon with our kids and want to know if they filter the MUTS movies for language, etc to make them family friendly like on airplanes? "

You have no idea which internet controls they have in their home and how old the poster's children are, do you?  

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 6:18 AM, JimmyVWine said:

Princess Patter

refreshing morning

relaxing afternoon

You win the Internet for today!

I'm not sure I've ever linked a "refreshing morning" on board to watching Caligula, or a "relaxing afternoon" with Midnight Cowboy, but I have new food for thought.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:53 PM, NoelleC said:

Of course they don't show movies like that!!! Why would you even wonder????

On 3/2/2023 at 11:39 PM, NoelleC said:

Welcome to CruiseCritic!  We just got off the Caribbean Princess last week.  There were at least a couple of times where we heard a bit of language from MUTS...not outright vulgar type but what is now considered "mainstream" movie language.  I can't reacall *ever* seeing any type of nudity in a MUTS showing...they seem to be very careful about that but at the same time I don't think they edit out any language.

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2023 at 11:39 PM, NoelleC said:

Do they edit them on airplanes? I know a while ago that was a thing, but I thought now they pretty much just showed the movie. I've certainly seen nudity and heard curse words when watching movies on a plane.

47 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Do they edit them on airplanes? I know a while ago that was a thing, but I thought now they pretty much just showed the movie. I've certainly seen nudity and heard curse words when watching movies on a plane.

On airplanes they do edit scenes with plane crashes.