Question Re: Tauck's Complimentary Hotel Night

Roz

@Gourmet Gal, I didn't want to hijack Lois' thread so I created another one.  You said "Once you’ve sailed with Tauck you will be offered a complimentary hotel night, including breakfast, before or after your future cruises.  Nice perk."

I sailed with Tauck for the first time last December.  When I came back home I contacted my TA and had her book 2 more Tauck cruises for me (back to backs).  She didn't say anything about a complimentary hotel night, and I don't recall seeing anything on the Tauck website.  Where is this information?

Last December I didn't stay at the Tauck hotel ($500 per night! 😲) and instead stayed at a Hilton property that I paid for with points.  I'm flying in 3 days ahead again, so if I'm eligible for a free night it may or may not work for me as I don't want to have to change hotels if the Tauck hotel is too pricey for my budget. 

Hey Roz, I am interested in this too......let me tell you, the hotel in Paris they are using is The InterContinental and it is 900.00 per night😧😧

• Like 1

I believe if you book far enough out you are offered “the Gift of Time”.  I’m not sure when the cut-off would be.  I remember I didn’t act on it in time for one of my cruises but requested anyway and they provided it as a special exception.  You can just call them or have your TA call to clarify.  It’s possible it is only on certain sailings but we were able to receive a a comp night in Paris and Porto.  

Tauck is very good at trying to accommodate you.  We had some minor hiccups on 2 cruises and they sent checks as a goodwill gesture both times.  Not just future cruise credits but checks totally over $1500.  You have also probably heard that if you have to buy lunch on your own in any port they give you cash in the local currency to cover it.  If you need to go to a public pay toilet the guide gives you the coins.  There are also little gifts left in your cabin several times during a typical cruise and they always try to throw in a surprise event or treat for everyone that’s not listed on the itinerary.  Lot’s of nice touches and very friendly  crew.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, njhoo said:

The Tauck “gift of time” has a cut off date to encourage earlier depositing.  I believe that for 2023 trips it was like July 31, 2022.  

Yes, I knew it was something like that.  

Edited by Gourmet Gal
  • Like 1