Princess MedallionClass App

2disneycruisers

5 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

I just used the tv in our cabin.

Congrats on it working for you.

When I tried to do that on the Ruby Princess after going through a number of steps, the TV said said to use the app to see the folio.

4 hours ago, memoak said:

But if you are not in your cabin and want to find your friends what do you do  ?

There are screens around the ship, mostly near elevators, that allow you to use the locate function.

Those booked in your cabin are automatically available for you to use the locate function. Those in other cabins must somehow give you permission to do so, but I do not know that process.

4 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I feel so left out as I haven't had any issues using the app, nor has anyone in my travel party. I was even able to assign myself and the rest of our group to a Boarding Group 58 days before my cruise and the QR Boarding Code shows up on all of our phones now.  I have my fingers crossed that nothing goes awry in the next 50+ days before we sail.

Same here. I did have that Booking has been claimed issue at first, but it got cleared up. Just got off the Sky and the app worked flawlessly for me. From ordering , to checking portfolio to buying an FCD.. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, caribill said:

There are screens around the ship, mostly near elevators, that allow you to use the locate function.

Those booked in your cabin are automatically available for you to use the locate function. Those in other cabins must somehow give you permission to do so, but I do not know that process.

You can add friends as Travel Companions as well as cabinmate(s).  That is the group you might be able to check on location.  Each guest has the option to deny ability to be found by companions.  It is part of the profile information in the Princess App.  Sorry, cannot post exact path to location as I don't have an active booking to work with.

9 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

We don't travel with friends as a rule they don't like cruising I love it. Do travel with family and sticky notes always worked on new ships with WiFi we text or just head out and meet up sooner or later.

You can use the screens at any elevator, the one with the ships deck plan has find my shipmates icon

On 3/7/2023 at 4:58 AM, latebloomer56 said:

Good to know, don't carry our phones on board but if with sons it's different. Would rather leave them in the safe.

We use our phones to text each other, to do Wordle in the morning, check sports scores and keep up with news (There are no real US news channels on the TV - CSNBC and Fox are opinion channels not news in my opinion)