Princess MedallionClass App

2disneycruisers

We have an upcoming Princess Cruise…..trying to book everything we need using the Princess MedallionClass app.

We have found this app to be faulty and very inconsistent in regards to travel companions and booking/arranging daily dining reservations. Often our travel companions are missing, maybe one will show while others do not. Same regarding dining….using the app we have reserved our daily dining, booking a private table and adding all travel companions. Everything looks good for a few days or so, then the next time we check the app to review things, some show and others don’t. Princess really needs to take a good look at this app and workout the bugs. So frustrating for everyone to have to deal with…..especially so close to embarkation. Anyone else having these same types of issues using this app?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2disneycruisers said:

We have an upcoming Princess Cruise…..trying to book everything we need using the Princess MedallionClass app.

We have found this app to be faulty and very inconsistent in regards to travel companions and booking/arranging daily dining reservations. Often our travel companions are missing, maybe one will show while others do not. Same regarding dining….using the app we have reserved our daily dining, booking a private table and adding all travel companions. Everything looks good for a few days or so, then the next time we check the app to review things, some show and others don’t. Princess really needs to take a good look at this app and workout the bugs. So frustrating for everyone to have to deal with…..especially so close to embarkation. Anyone else having these same types of issues using this app?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There are so many problems with this app that there is a forum sticky on it. It is currently at Rev 3 with 191 PAGES of comments, so yes, lots of us have issues with it.

• Like 1

One thing I learned on my own is that the security photo and info you put in for a fellow traveler in your group is not the same as what you put in for their passenger profile.   You can have two different photos for everyone.  But until both forms are filled out you aren’t done. 

Edited by CapnCrews
  • Like 1

We didn't use the app last year or for this year. I have done everything on the web as a nice person suggested on the medallion Q&A very helpful both times I went to this forum. I lockup my phone when we get on the ship and never take it out until I get off the ship. My husband will take his on excursions and we make sure he has whatever service we may need if we have any issues in ports. So don't need the app.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

Same here , says server problems. When I did get to log in , we had changed from green  lane to blue lane ,,,,,,,, again ! It is an interesting experience alrighty. Cheers, Buzz.

Are you able to log in now?

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

The MedallionClass App is buggy, but there are a few steps that can help ease the frustration.

• Make sure your device is on the latest operating system, iOS or Android.  When the developers are designing/updating the app they are doing so with the assumption that the user's device is using the latest manufacturer operating system.  If you have an old device this could be a problem as operating system upgrades can sometimes cause glitches on other apps on the device.  Make sure to back up your device, just in case.

• Make sure to download the latest version of the MedallionClass App.  Check the version history of your app through device's operating system's app store.

• Have fast Internet.  The app sends the data you input using security encryption.  This increases the size of the data being sent.  This is so that hackers can't intercept your personal data on its way to the app server.  It would be horrible if a hacker stole your passport/credit card number.  It's best to have fiber Internet with at least 200 MBS speeds or higher.  If you have to use cellular, 5G works best.  The app just quits on when connected to an LTE Network.

• Close other background apps on your device so all of your connection is dedicated to the MedallionClass App when using it. 

It's a toss up whether the app is helpful at for check-in purposes.  A lot of hype is put towards getting a Green Lane badge, but at the end of the day, the check-in agent at the port can upload your personal information at the port.  Sometimes the Yellow/Blue Lane line moves faster anyways.  Princess wants guests to do it on the app so the check-in agents have less work.  I say they are getting paid to work, so let them work.  In the 2000s, the agents were able to check-in 3000 plus passengers on to the ships the old fashioned way in the same amount of time.  Don't fret about it if you can't get the Green Lane badge.  They're going to let you on the ship so long as you can provide the proper documentation at the port.

Where I see the app is useful is for snagging coveted dining reservations before sailing.  

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

And thousands of us have had no problems at all !

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That's a stretch.

Not really a stretch.

If thousands do not use the app, then they have no problems with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I don’t think I’ve ever used another app with so many problems.  

Probably because any other client would be smart enough not to release such an untested/poorly tested app.  And any other developer would be smart enough to insist on a thorough requirements analysis and thorough testing.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

We didn't use the app last year or for this year. I have done everything on the web as a nice person suggested on the medallion Q&A very helpful both times I went to this forum. I lockup my phone when we get on the ship and never take it out until I get off the ship. My husband will take his on excursions and we make sure he has whatever service we may need if we have any issues in ports. So don't need the app.

I use the app to check on my folio to make sure all charges are correct and to locate members of my traveling party 

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

I use the app to check on my folio to make sure all charges are correct and to locate members of my traveling party 

When I was on board I pressed an option on the app and it then said it was "loading". I could not get it out of that mode.

A day later it was still "loading" so I went to passenger services where someone was able to stop it.

This was with an up-to-date version on a recent Android operating system.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, caribill said:

When I was on board I pressed an option on the app and it then said it was "loading". I could not get it out of that mode.

A day later it was still "loading" so I went to passenger services where someone was able to stop it.

Day 3 of not being able to sign on and the app giving me a message that there are server problems.  

I didn’t tell the entire story… On my iPad I was stuck on loading with the circle spinning around for so I thought I would sign out and then sign back in. On my iPad I have not been able to sign back in and keep getting the “server problems“ message.

On my iPhone, I am stuck on loading with the circle just going in a circle still for the third day. I have not signed out on the iPhone because of what happened on the iPad.

There are no updates to update.  This is just an irritating, freaking mess.

ETA:  Oh, and if I try to log on using my booking number, I get a message telling me that my information does not match their records.  Unbelievable.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

50 minutes ago, caribill said:

Did they fix it by throwing your phone?  I’m almost there… 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

On my iPhone, I am stuck on loading with the circle just going in a circle still for the third day. I have not signed out on the iPhone because of what happened on the iPad.

Like I did, you need to be on a cruise ship and go to Passenger Services where they can stop that perpetual loading.

28 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Oh, and if I try to log on using my booking number, I get a message telling me that my information does not match their records.  Unbelievable.

If I try to log on with my booking number I am told "This booking has already been claimed."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might have been asked and answered in the thousands of previous Medallion App posts, but can someone please say if eventually a cancelled cruise disappears from the app? I booked another cruise shortly after a cancellation, but both are still there and they seem to go back and forth when I try to do anything. (I see no way to delete the cancelled cruise, but perhaps there is.)

I feel so left out as I haven't had any issues using the app, nor has anyone in my travel party. I was even able to assign myself and the rest of our group to a Boarding Group 58 days before my cruise and the QR Boarding Code shows up on all of our phones now.  I have my fingers crossed that nothing goes awry in the next 50+ days before we sail.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

But if you are not in your cabin and want to find your friends what do you do  ?

We don't travel with friends as a rule they don't like cruising I love it. Do travel with family and sticky notes always worked on new ships with WiFi we text or just head out and meet up sooner or later.