Number of Cabin Cleanings Every Day

lifeisrealygood

14 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I think all the cruise lines are in serious trouble financially right now.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we start hearing about bankruptcies soon.  All of this reeks of desperation.

Shareholders seem to be pretty content, as stock is in mid 70’s now!

3 hours ago, sunonfire said:

By any chance did you pick the evening service time?  People have commented what happens when you pick the morning. Thanks.

We picked evening service because we shower before dinner. In the evening the bathroom and powder room and the bar area cleaned, trash emptied, fresh towels, full turndown service.  In the morning hand towels and wash cloths were replaced. Sink area was wiped clean, trash emptied, bed made and curtains opened. We were not in the suite when it was cleaned but I know it was vacuumed and dusted sometime during the day/evening. Not sure about the bed being changed. This was on Reflection in a Royal Suite.

9 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I just don’t get how they can continue to be profitable with their current model.  They will start to lose loyal customers if this continues.  I understand raising fares but it’s the raising fares while reducing quality/service that irks many of us.

21 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I just don’t get how they can continue to be profitable with their current model.  They will start to lose loyal customers if this continues.  I understand raising fares but it’s the raising fares while reducing quality/service that irks many of us.

Yes, they have lots of debt and quality has slipped, but many of us have capitalized on extra OBC for our cruises, along with the price we have paid for shares being substatially below this offering price.  I watch it like a hawk, but am very pleased with my personal share price etc...gambling that if it is higher, I will just sell.  I love a good profit because it is in my Roth.  It is the nature of the beast.

Edited by Lastdance

10 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

In January 2020, right before covid turned everything upside down, it was selling for over $130 a share. $75 is still a long way off those highs. CCL and NCL are even worse, at about 25% of their pre-covid highs. Investors hear cruise line executives say how strong bookings are and they expect companies to be making a profit, but they aren't. Therefore, there is a lot of pressure on the cruise lines to raise prices and cut expenses. 

But I wonder if this is going to backfire on them. My husband and I are avid cruisers. Next week, we are our taking our 84th cruise vacation. This one happens to be on Celebrity, but we've sailed on numerous lines. For the first time in many years, we have no cruise booked after this one. I think the prices are absurd and the "upscale" experience is being severely eroded. After looking at the MDR dinner menus for our upcoming cruise, it looks more like diner food. Charging for an additional lobster tail is something I'd expect of Carnival or RCL. Frankly, I've never ordered more than one and sometimes I choose something else entirely, but that isn't the point. It's the dumbing down of the experience that bothers me.

I'm sure we are not the only ones who are rethinking where we will spend our vacation dollars (or pounds or euros).

• Like 4

On our last X cruise we were given the option for 1 cleaning a day and we would get additional points if we agreed. 

So, we took the offer.

Our cabin attendant still serviced our cabin twice a day, at around 10 am and about 8-9 pm.

We brought this up our attendant and he was not aware of this.

We still got points !

Hopefully Celebrity doesn't follow RCs lead. But if directed by the RCG they will. If they do I'll slam them on our PCS and a follow up to Lisa. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. We'll continue to cruise with RC and Celebrity and adjust accordingly just like reducing and eliminating some of the CC and CAS perks/benefits. Not a deal breaker for us. I like sharp cheese to go with my whine.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1