Number of Cabin Cleanings Every Day

lifeisrealygood

I have just read that Royal Caribbean is doing away with the two cabin cleanings every day to just one cleaning per day.  Does this include Celebrity?  For those of you currently on any Celebrity M-Class, S-Class, or E-Class cruise, how many times is your cabin being serviced?  And, if it is now just once per day, how do you go about getting your towels changed each evening?  Bummer.  Once a day in the morning is Okay, but we still like the bathroom cleaned up every evening and towels refreshed while in the Caribbean after your late afternoon shower.  

Just finished sailing on equinox then silhouette and then Edge.   I signed the go green email.   I can confirm that our cabin was fully cleaned throughout once each day in the morning.   In the evening , the attendant again serviced the room by emptying the garbage, replacing towels if on the floor, closed curtains, placed the daily on the bed and chocolates on the pillow.   I asked him about the new procedures, and he explained that since I/we opted for the go green service, the only thing he did not do in the evening was a second complete cleaning of the cabin.  So yes it is being implemented on Celebrity as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lifeisrealygood said:

I have just read that Royal Caribbean is doing away with the two cabin cleanings every day to just one cleaning per day.  Does this include Celebrity?  

no, unless you sign up for Go Green

6 minutes ago, retird said:

So yes it is being implemented on Celebrity as well

Voluntarily if you sign up for Go Green.

Mandatory on Royal Caribbean unless you're in a suite...

• Like 1

Just now, dlh015 said:

Voluntarily if you sign up for Go Green.

Mandatory on Royal Caribbean unless you're in a suite...

We honestly did not see any difference in the condition of the room compared to before.  They just didnt do a complete vacuum twice a day

• Like 1

Just now, retird said:

We honestly did not see any difference in the condition of the room compared to before.  They just didnt do a complete vacuum twice a day

Oh, I certainly understand that...I signed up for Go Green also...couldn't tell the difference either...

Just pointing out it is not voluntary on RC...'regular' staterooms are once a day...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

I have just read that Royal Caribbean is doing away with the two cabin cleanings every day to just one cleaning per day.  Does this include Celebrity?  For those of you currently on any Celebrity M-Class, S-Class, or E-Class cruise, how many times is your cabin being serviced?  And, if it is now just once per day, how do you go about getting your towels changed each evening?  Bummer.  Once a day in the morning is Okay, but we still like the bathroom cleaned up every evening and towels refreshed while in the Caribbean after your late afternoon shower.  

I was in an M-class ship (Summit) last week. Cabin service was twice daily.

This week I'm on Royal's Navigator OTS and there is also twice daily service. It's either the policy is being phased in or because this is a charter.

9 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Oh, I certainly understand that...I signed up for Go Green also...couldn't tell the difference either...

Just pointing out it is not voluntary on RC...'regular' staterooms are once a day...

By any chance did you pick the evening service time?  People have commented what happens when you pick the morning. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I was in an M-class ship (Summit) last week. Cabin service was twice daily.

This week I'm on Royal's Navigator OTS and there is also twice daily service. It's either the policy is being phased in or because this is a charter.

The single report I read was that the reduction in housekeeping frequency has so far been implemented to a limited number of ships.  It appears to be a phased in approach.  This was published by Royal Caribbean Blog on Feb 28:

image.png.f7877910373f5baf01acfa8cda623ce0.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

Unfortunately it's inevitable it'll eventually go away for insides-reg balconies and perhaps later to CC and AQ...Its not a question of "if" but "when", I believe whenever they make their next round of cut backs or if Princess gets rid of it, X will follow.  I could also see them greatly reduce turndown service to closing the drapes, leaving the dailies, pillow chocolate and be done

37 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Obviously if you have a sofa or dropdown bed there will always need to be morning and evening service to set up and take down that bed.

Maybe not so obvious... I've heard from NCL cruisers where the bed was set up on arrival and not moved for the entire cruise. They might try this on Royal.

19 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Maybe not so obvious... I've heard from NCL cruisers where the bed was set up on arrival and not moved for the entire cruise. They might try this on Royal.

That’s terrible. You can hardly walk to the balcony if they do that. That’s also a safety hazard.

I know this is Celebrity CC. Just to add from the other lines.

NCL only does it once a day and cabin personnel now clean 24 cabins instead of 16. 

Just got off of the Symphony OTS and they are already if not now doing once a day.

Reduced menus both on Symphony and a single menu on NCL.

Changes are coming and very fast. However, gratuities are increasing! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Paying more for less is the new normal.  You can argue that this has been the norm for some time, however it is currently much more severe.

I think all the cruise lines are in serious trouble financially right now.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we start hearing about bankruptcies soon.  All of this reeks of desperation.

5 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I think all the cruise lines are in serious trouble financially right now.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we start hearing about bankruptcies soon.  All of this reeks of desperation.

According to TAs, some who post on here, they have no problem selling their most expensive product, the Retreat.  Due to this high demand they're probably trying to further separate the Retreat experience for everyone else.  They could have filed to for BK during the pandemic where they were receiving very little revenue and didn't.  Also, while I doubt they'll be filing for BK any time soon, if they did it doesn't mean they cease operations