Bionic bar charges warning

A charge was posted to my account from bionic bar that I didn't make. Don't know what happened.

I did make an order there that was posted correctly and that unauthorized order was after that. I distinctively remember logging out after I placed my order.

I went to guest services and the guy there removed the charge after giving me a lecture about how I was wrong and the robot was right.

Just sharing my experience.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I won't waste another cent on those robots, all the drinks we got from them were awful...sorry but no AI for me and my drinks.

I have never spent a cent at the BB.  I'm a big-time tech geek wannabe.  HOWEVER, I don't see the draw to it.  I've watched it doing its thing many times and just don't have the desire to use it.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, neuro0 said:

A charge was posted to my account from bionic bar that I didn't make. Don't know what happened.

I did make an order there that was posted correctly and that unauthorized order was after that. I distinctively remember logging out after I placed my order.

I went to guest services and the guy there removed the charge after giving me a lecture about how I was wrong and the robot was right.

Is it because you didn't tip the robot?😁

• Haha 7

I think the bionic bar is a total waste of space. I wish they’d repurpose it to some new interesting bar-like a Fat Tuesday type of daiquiri bar ,a mojito bar, or a craft beer bar.

Edited by zanydoc
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, zanydoc said:

I think the bionic bar is a total waste of space. I wish they’d repurpose it to some new interesting bar-like a Fat Tuesday type of daiquiri bar ,a mojito bar, or a craft beer bar.

A CRAFT BEER bar!  omg yes please

• Like 3

3 hours ago, neuro0 said:

This is some weird computer glitch as you have to use your card on this.  Makes me wonder if the card reader got funky, and how many other folks had an issue too. Stuff they never tell ya.  But not everyone watches their account... cough, me!

From my experience, the BB is very often out of service. I wonder who at RCI had the idea to spend millions on such a money loser.  The few drinks I've gotten there were awful -- I will never go back. Oh and don't forget to order ice with the drink.  There's no going back with the Robot -- even after the 18%.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I won't waste another cent on those robots, all the drinks we got from them were awful...sorry but no AI for me and my drinks.

The bionic bartender isn't using artificial intelligence, it's simply a robot. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, njsmom said:

The bionic bartender isn't using artificial intelligence, it's simply a robot. 

True, it's an extremely overpriced robot that is programmed to fail. AI is used to perform a task that typically only humans can do. Been there, done that and got the T-shirt and will never go back. 

28 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Royal: give it up, it isn’t the cat’s meow, it’s the dog’s ****.  The space would be a quick remodel to a ??? 

Of course, I would like real beer. But anything has got to be better. 

I totally agree -- anything but the BB in that spot would be much better. That's a ginormous waste of space and $$$ as they have it now.

7 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I totally agree -- anything but the BB in that spot would be much better. That's a ginormous waste of space and $$$ as they have it now.

Humans make a much better drink

Tried it once on Harmony 

It’s nice to observe but that’s as far as I will go. Going on Odyssey this week but will skip the BB 

14 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I have never spent a cent at the BB.  I'm a big-time tech geek wannabe.  HOWEVER, I don't see the draw to it.  I've watched it doing its thing many times and just don't have the desire to use it.  

I only bought one drink but it stunk!  You can always watch them working for no charge and that's the only draw there, right.

• Like 2

Just now, BecciBoo said:

I only bought one drink but it stunk!  You can always watch them working for no charge and that's the only draw there, right.

YES, exactly!  It's about the cheapest activity on the ship.  Well, except for the theater, comedy club, Aquat Theater, etc, etc, etc.............   :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, F27TW said:

SO gimmicky and silly anyway ... why would anyone go to something like this?   Who wants precisely measured out drinks anyway?!!

My 5yo daughter is incredibly excited for her first one lol

• Haha 2