My experience with Premium Desserts

cruzin4us

I wonder where to find these cakes on ships without Gelato.  Maybe the IC?  Hoping they'll have it on Ruby soon - those sundae things don't really appeal to me much, but that chocolate cake sure does... 🤤

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thanks for mentioning the sugar-free gelato as I completely overlooked it on the gelato menu...happy for DH to be able to enjoy some while I have the high test!

They dont always have it, but I always check at the beginning of each cruise. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, roadster08 said:

Perhaps they should play Bach's "Tocatta and Fugue  in D Minor" while making one of those premium desserts. 

I was thinking that perhaps "Flight of the Bumblebee" might make the construction process move more quickly!

6 hours ago, SCX22 said:

It's nice that the sundaes look like the pictures on the Princess website in person; can't claim false advertising.  Pretty much the only nice thing I can say about it. 

This is one time where I was hoping for false advertising and that the finished product would look nothing like the artist's rendition.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I love the gelato on board the Sky and Regal.  Sugar free sorbetto was available every day last month on the Sky. I didn't try it, but noted that it was there for my sugar free companions.  On past cruises on the Regal I  had no problem ordering a simple hot fudge sundae, and my friend ordered banana splits and was delighted. 

I would not go for the silly desserts with bottles and lollipops on top, but to each their own. 

• Like 2

Has anyone tried asking for a customized dessert (using one of the Premium Dessert chits)....something like a nice sundae in one of those fancy glasses ?   Or is the only option to get something from the canned menu ?

6 minutes ago, nwnittany said:

Has anyone tried asking for a customized dessert (using one of the Premium Dessert chits)....something like a nice sundae in one of those fancy glasses ?   Or is the only option to get something from the canned menu ?

Per the first post the options include:

"1. gelato

2. Gelato with toppings 

3.  Monster Sundaes with candy and maybe alcohol if available (they will pour some out of a large bottle) (do not recommend)

4. Cake (chocolate, Black Forest or Carrot) $4.00 if not on your beverage pkg.   Personally, I’d not order dessert at the MDR and head over and get a piece of cake (definitely splittable) (recommend)"

It sounds like #2 would fall within the category of "nice sundae"

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Per the first post the options include:

"1. gelato

2. Gelato with toppings 

3.  Monster Sundaes with candy and maybe alcohol if available (they will pour some out of a large bottle) (do not recommend)

4. Cake (chocolate, Black Forest or Carrot) $4.00 if not on your beverage pkg.   Personally, I’d not order dessert at the MDR and head over and get a piece of cake (definitely splittable) (recommend)"

It sounds like #2 would fall within the category of "nice sundae"

Thanks (I always kick myself when I don't go back and read the previous posts).  Given these options, I'm guessing my family will probably try one of the fancy ones from the photo (just for the novelty) and then get gelato concoctions.  Maybe not what Princess intended, but not so awful, either, imho.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this includes the ice cream cookie sandwiches on the Grand class ships?  Since they don't all have Gelato bars I would hope you could redeem a dessert credit for that.

That doesn't tempt me at all. However, I had the mocha shake at the ice cream counter on Caribbean P last month - delicious! And it was included in Plus. I only got it once but sure was tempted to get it a few more times. 😄

I'm not on package, but the gelato prices are so much less than in Las Vegas. One scoop of gelato is $9, nothing on top, just gelato.  Take my husband along and for two it's over a $20 bill.  I'm hoping to get gelato daily!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 6:22 PM, edspec said:

Gross. We don’t have this on our Princess Plus and no loss. Whatever happened to a reasonable portion of a high quality dessert?

If you have the older Plus 50 then the desserts are not included.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:10 PM, LPG27 said:

How many desserts a day do you get with the plus package?  Thanks for sharing this information.  I will stick with gelato.

If you have the Plus 60 (the newer and more expensive Princess Plus package) you are entitled to 2 desserts per day. (GAH!!!)

On 3/8/2023 at 4:42 PM, cruzin4us said:

if they would have a nice sundae with some hot fudge, good whipped cream, decent vanilla ice cream and a few nuts it would be 10000x better.    

Boy do I ever agree with you. That is what is needed! I always miss the nuts - get them to do ice cream  a sauce and whipped cream in MDR during the last cruise but no nuts ever.......

On 3/9/2023 at 1:40 PM, RNRcruisers said:

That doesn't tempt me at all. However, I had the mocha shake at the ice cream counter on Caribbean P last month - delicious! And it was included in Plus. I only got it once but sure was tempted to get it a few more times. 😄

Have you tried a Mud Slide from the bar? My go to milk shake - ummmm

• Like 4