My experience with Premium Desserts

cruzin4us

I am on the Sky now. Today, the Premier desserts are being made with gelato but with much smaller pieces of candy than the ones pictured on the Princess website. If all you want is a scoop of gelato, you have to pay for it since gelato is not included in the Premier package. Seems crazy to me but that is how they are doing it. 

• Haha 4

On 3/9/2023 at 7:38 AM, Cruise Raider said:

While I never thought to even go to the little gelato shop, those mango and raspberry sorbets look really good.  Thank you for posting …

The ingredients list that OP shared with us shows a dairy free Chocolate Sorbet.  I would love to have several scoops of that drowned in Hershey’s chocolate syrup and topped with sliced almonds. Yum, chocolate.  

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 7:04 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

I find the gooey sucker sticks particularly unappetizing to see. I wonder if they start out individually wrapped, and could just be handed over separately so they could be given later to….someone to enjoy on their own.

That does look a bit nasty.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeal said:

I am on the Sky now. Today, the Premier desserts are being made with gelato but with much smaller pieces of candy than the ones pictured on the Princess website. If all you want is a scoop of gelato, you have to pay for it since gelato is not included in the Premier package. Seems crazy to me but that is how they are doing it. 

We are treading perilously close to this:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Jeal said:

Don’t the desserts contain gelato?  Take a plate and leave all of the junk that you do not want on the plate.  If Princess wants to waste money that they do not have then ok.  

I did tell the gelato guy not to include the candy and he was fine with it. I also skipped the whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Yesterday, they did not have not any sorbet. According to the gelato guy, they only have mango and the sorbet is not part of the Premier package. Time will tell. I am not complaining - just telling what my experience has been. I’m still going to get gelato every day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeal said:

I did tell the gelato guy not to include the candy and he was fine with it. I also skipped the whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Yesterday, they did not have not any sorbet. According to the gelato guy, they only have mango and the sorbet is not part of the Premier package. Time will tell. I am not complaining - just telling what my experience has been. I’m still going to get gelato every day. 

That seems a little crazy but it is what it is.  
I am really not a fan of sweets, especially not ice cream or gelato so, will probably just get a scoop of sorbet in the MDR.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

That seems a little crazy but it is what it is.  
I am really not a fan of sweets, especially not ice cream or gelato so, will probably just get a scoop of sorbet in the MDR.  

Do they have sorbet in the dining room again at dinner? Right after the post-COVID startup, they didn’t. 

22 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Do they have sorbet in the dining room again at dinner? Right after the post-COVID startup, they didn’t. 

Yes, they had 1 selection every night although all the different flavors of ice cream they had in past years is missing, which was disappointing. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

That’s the only dessert I ever order and have done so on every cruise since the restart.  It’s kind of hidden on the dessert menu.  I really only like the raspberry, mango and mandarin orange.  

We 'might' do the Donatiello one (if that is the Key Lime Pie one).  We have Plus 50, so that would not be included - but with some OBC to burn - why not? (she really doesn't 'need' another t-shirt)

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

That’s the only dessert I ever order and have done so on every cruise since the restart.  It’s kind of hidden on the dessert menu.  I really only like the raspberry, mango and mandarin orange.  

It must have been very well hidden on our Majestic Princess cruises right after the startup.

12 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

It must have been very well hidden on our Majestic Princess cruises right after the startup.

We were on that first cruise out on the Majestic and I remember seeing it on there.  
if you peek down at where they list the sundaes, it’s usually listed in that section.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Since there are only Vanilla, Chocolate ice cream and Sorbet listed on the menu every day, it's no long hidden.

I can't quite understand why eliminating their different flavors of ice cream is a money saver, but it seems to be the way of the future.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

On the Sapphire they have had a different sorbet on the MDR menu every night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

On the Sapphire they have had a different sorbet on the MDR menu every night.

That’s good to hear. That was my go-to dessert most nights and I missed it when I didn’t see it. I remember even asking about it and was told it had been eliminated. But those were early days. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm currently on the Crown and have been able to narrow my order to *name of premium dessert* in a to-go coffee cup, without the candy.

All I really want is ice cream with some toppings.... maybe they should replace the "OceanFront" with a froyo place.