Current Platinum Arrival and Boarding Process

mamiamjo

We'll be sailing out of Galveston (in case that makes any difference) and I wanted to be sure I understand the current process for arrival and boarding for Platinum guests.

Arrival: I know we can choose an arrival time 16 days out, but we're sailing with family that aren't yet Platinum.

Say we pick a 10:00-10:30 arrival time but they get a 10:30-11:00, will be able to arrive/check in with them at say 10:45, or will we be sent to the early-late arrival line?

Boarding: Are they currently boarding Patinum before the boarding groups like A01, A02 etc. are called? If so does it really matter what boarding group we get?

Additionally, I assume for boarding, we can wait and board whenever they do, correct?

Thanks!

Edited by mamiamjo

Platinum boarding group will be A01.  Granted, my last two sailings were from Jacksonville, but after you check in there, they look at your boarding pass and seat you in your boarding group row. That seat FTTF in different rows.  They didn’t call suites, diamonds, etc.  they simply came by your row and said to go.  EM

22 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Platinum boarding group will be A01. 

That isn't always the case.   We are platinum, checked in within minutes after midnight, got the first available arrival appointment time, priority,  but we are BOARDING ZONE AO3

20230309_103115.jpg

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

3 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

That isn't always the case.   We are platinum, checked in within minutes after midnight, got the first available arrival appointment time, priority,  but we are BOARDING ZONE AO3

20230309_103115.jpg

Same here.  10am - 10:30am arrival appt, Boarding Zone A02

8 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

Arrival: I know we can choose an arrival time 16 days out, but we're sailing with family that aren't yet Platinum.

Say we pick a 10:00-10:30 arrival time but they get a 10:30-11:00, will be able to arrive/check in with them at say 10:45, or will we be sent to the early-late arrival line?

We are platinum and have arrived later than our arrival appointment window multiple times (due to delayed flights).  We've never been sent to the early/late arrival line (they've always just ushered us right into the terminal).

Edited by csm5986142
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RenoNanaOz said:

Completely different experience in Miami. We were A01 however, when we entered the seating area for Platinum were were given a card with a letter on it. That's how they boarded, a - e, f - j, etc.

Goes to show each port, each terminal is different.  Out of Miami, 2/25 Spirit, we were seated in the "priority area" and then they called Diamonds first, checked boarding passes.  

I (platinum) sailed out of Galveston just recently Feb 27. There were priority security and check-in lines. Once checked in we were directed to the priority waiting area (BTW no drinks or snacks). Within that waiting area we were segregated according to VIFP status/FTTF, then released to board accordingly.

• Like 1

Just got in Radiance in Long Beach this morning. I’m platinum & had a check in time of 10:30, boarding group B01. Never heard them call boarding groups. They did diamonds, suites & then platinums. I was on at 11:03am. 

I'm not sure that this makes a difference, as I haven't been on Carnival in about 5 years.  My most recent was on Royal and we have a mixed tier family.  Although we are all Crown And Anchor members, my niece (10) is Gold, I'm (35) Emerald, and my parents (65+) just turned Diamond.  They allowed us to all board at the same time, provided we all signed up for the same arrival time.

Next Carnival cruise (Venezia in April 2024), I'm hoping it's the same.

On 3/9/2023 at 3:49 PM, RenoNanaOz said:

Completely different experience in Miami. We were A01 however, when we entered the seating area for Platinum were were given a card with a letter on it. That's how they boarded, a - e, f - j, etc.

Which ship were you on?  When we sailed Celebration out of Miami in December, there was no separate platinum seating area, from what I recall.  We didn't receive a boarding card either, but I think we were A01 already.

11 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I'm not sure that this makes a difference, as I haven't been on Carnival in about 5 years.  My most recent was on Royal and we have a mixed tier family.  Although we are all Crown And Anchor members, my niece (10) is Gold, I'm (35) Emerald, and my parents (65+) just turned Diamond.  They allowed us to all board at the same time, provided we all signed up for the same arrival time.

Next Carnival cruise (Venezia in April 2024), I'm hoping it's the same.

Carnival does it different.  People in the same room can board with the highest status person only earliest or everyone waits for the people with the lowest boarding group

Edited by Elaine5715

13 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Carnival does it different.  People in the same room can board with the highest status person only earliest or everyone waits for the people with the lowest boarding group

I guess that won't be a problem for us then, since we're all Red status on Carnival with the exception of my niece (who's never been on a Carnival cruise and is only 10).

2 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I guess that won't be a problem for us then, since we're all Red status on Carnival with the exception of my niece (who's never been on a Carnival cruise and is only 10).

Right.  So you'll board according to your assigned slot on your Boarding Pass which is determined by the Check-in time you choose during your online check-in process.  If every cabin in your group chooses noon arrival for example, you'll easily be able to board together.  A F02 assignment can just hang back and wait until F08 is called. No problem.

• Like 1