Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

6 minutes ago, ATG said:

@John&LaLa

John - someone mentioned the parking garage for Oasis was full yesterday.  Did you have any trouble getting in?  What time did you get there?  We’re debating drive or fly for our next Oasis cruise.

We got there at 10:24. Still a ton of parking.

Stay in the right lane inside tunnel

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m 2 for 2.  The week we cruised with our friends on NCL at the end of January was that awful cold spell in RI.  

As much as we'd love to, we generally hole up at home in January and February.  No plans, as one never knows about snow here "in the south."  Easy for all the Floridians to travel in the winter! 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Gadget of the day. 

Euro adapters

20230312_205216.thumb.jpg.d06db12759ec2fe12d4e69b9ce27902a.jpg

Fit fairly flush. Great for older ships

20230312_205226.thumb.jpg.97f753d0f8b62e2011ec24e84ed9430a.jpg

Anazon has them 6 for $10

Sounds like great swag gifts for 2025 Bella 2 Cruise from host.

Either that or a a gift from each stop on the WC.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Gadget of the day. 

Euro adapters

20230312_205216.thumb.jpg.d06db12759ec2fe12d4e69b9ce27902a.jpg

Fit fairly flush. Great for older ships

20230312_205226.thumb.jpg.97f753d0f8b62e2011ec24e84ed9430a.jpg

Anazon has them 6 for $10

Outlets are lacking in this ship. I guess devices were substantially less when Oasis was built. 

6 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

Does anyone know if this is a donation library? I  bring a  couple of books each cruise and once finished could "donate" them.

I don't think anyone answered your question. I always leave books in the library.  I was on the 2nd Oasis cruise after the Covid restart and the library was not yet stocked, but I left a couple of books there.  Maybe if I really zoom in on the pic I will find them. 😀

• Thanks 1

It's a busy Monday at work and somehow I've managed to spend at least two hours (on and off) reading this thread. I was only planning on reading through page 20, but once I got started I felt compelled to keep going! A few thoughts and a question:

1. I can't get over the food some of you had during your flights! My last flight was on American, and when I asked whether I could have both the Biscoff cookies and the tiny bag of pretzels, I was denied!

2. So what happens if you get to the parking garage at the terminal at POM and it's full? My sister and I just booked a 4-night on Oasis and I probably won't get to POM until 11:30-12:00.

3. Those VIP/Reserved towel clips kill me. They really don't see the problem there??

4. While we prefer RCI over NCL (by quite a bit), there is one thing they did right on Great Stirrup Cay. We booked a villa at Silver Cove for our day there last May. The villas are air conditioned, nicely furnished (including large TV with free on demand movies), come with butler service, are equipped with an espresso machine and a beverage fridge, AND have full bathrooms with showers. All for $749 (for our sailing). I'm not saying I'd book another NCL cruise to experience that again, but I'm not not saying that.

5. Sea Dog, your food pics from the Beach Club have me rethinking whether I want to cough up the money for our sailing in September. If only the cost weren't $268.99/person. Oh well, this will be our first time at CocoCay, so maybe we're better off experiencing more of the island.

I'm enjoying this live report so much. Can't wait for more! (After business hours.)

Edited by LisaLisa87
  • Like 4

Lesson to be learned. 

So. DH MISPLACED his sea pass. 

Um. I found it in my wallet. 
dunno how it got there. 
But 

He had already got a new one. 
They deactivated old one. 

They charged him $9.99. 

Plus gave him the wrong color card. 

Never lost. ( misplaced ) one before so do not know if the replacement fee was always there. 

16:28. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Relaxing on our balcony and Owen is power napping in preparation for tonight’s activities.

Off in the distance you can see the continuing work for the adult beach club. 

image.thumb.jpg.3918588b816fb71b66b5e27a07572cf1.jpg

I'm thinking Owen should be on that Balcony waving up some "Baddies" rather then sleeping, Time is a ticking.

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen on his second one. Oh, too have his metabolism. 

The problem with having a teenaged boy's metabolism is that you also will have a teenaged boy's hormones and a teenaged boy's brain.  Although my wife would probably say that I still have both of those.

• Haha 20

The thing we like about cruising is catching up with people you meet along the way. We had requested our cabana attendant that we had in January and we were told they will see what they can do. 

Guess who met us at the gates to the water park, Denero.  He was supposed to work on south beach but flipped his area to be with us today. I guess being the cabana lead has some privileges.  

DE50FF93-43A5-482C-A98E-F63D7A7B7B81.thumb.jpeg.f0646e73ac53a7175a995f87bf40eeab.jpeg

He just came back from his month off. We found up what he was up to for the last while.  We recreated our photo from a few months ago.  He sent the same photo with our greetings to Sherri over at the Beach Club. If you remember our cruise in the fall, she was one of the last crew members off Labadee a year into the lockdown.  

We hope you get to meet him one day, he’s an amazing guy. ❤️

7BAED58B-C9A9-469B-B7F5-6F9183CA6C67.thumb.jpeg.1afeb145238899e457ea83b850b7d506.jpeg

• Like 23